Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #136
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,985
I'm getting excited about getting up to Snowshoe!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #137
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 784
If anyone needs a place to stay, I have a buddy who owns a condo at Snowshoe and would be happy to rent it to a group...PM me...I should have details later today on cost, etc.

UPDATE on details:
$300 per night.
best location on the mountain, right in the middle of the village, a short walk from the Starbucks. Our unit is one of the few 3 bedroom units in the village and our building is the only building with a PRIVATE pool and hot tub, just for our building.

Gumbeaux screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 05:32 AM
Gumbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #138
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,608
Very bummed that I won't be running with you guys.......Hope y'all have a blast!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #139
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 934
Take chances go fast and safety last. Just kidding (about the safety thing)....be safe and have fun you all. I'll be driving my kids to their month long camp stay this weekend.
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #140
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,726
Rally WV 2011

Old 07-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #141
jonnykilo
Traveller

Oddometer: 204
Gents, need some advice: given the rather long distance to run on Saturday, is it likely that the road book will be large, and there is a requirement for 2 of those mini EE road book holders to get through the day?

Sent from my iPhone
jonnykilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #142
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnykilo View Post
Gents, need some advice: given the rather long distance to run on Saturday, is it likely that the road book will be large, and there is a requirement for 2 of those mini EE road book holders to get through the day?
Sent from my iPhone
When all the specials were cut out of the road book for day one it fit well last year.

It should be smaller this year because there are only a couple turns on the big transit out and we run those first day specials forward and backward so there's not much transit in between. If anything day two will be a longer road book. If it doesn't fit I'm going to cut it so I load the second half at lunch.

Short answer. One should be enough.

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #143
jonnykilo
Traveller

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post

Short answer. One should be enough.
Thanks dude
jonnykilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #144
poondangle OP
Slow

Oddometer: 1,003
Well, fresh rubber front and back, new hand guards, coolant flush and swap to engine ice, new lower temp thermostat, and enduro reader mounted makes for a long day in the garage. But, tomorrow I get my kit and tools together, and I think I'm ready to race.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #145
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Similar day for me - most of it spent fabing up blinker relo brakets, grafting some visionx leds onto the blinker mounts, and fabing up a mount for a visionx headlight replacement. Took everything back apart and shot some paint on it. Also improved my "triangle tube" with a quick access slide for getting things out quick.

Tomorrow is reassembling lights, tidying up some wiring, oil and filters, fix a slow leak in the front and pack...

Can't wait!!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #146
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,158
H Mofo - post some pics of your handy work, you know I'm an aux light ho!

Hope you have a good ride next week, wish I was headed that way with ya. KT and I just back from 23rd honeymoon; 2 weeks Euro fest so trade off was worth it. Headed up to other Dublin tomorrow am. We need to connect on BMS Sep or Oct and maybe some ANF in Nov as warm up for Sand Blast.

Don't forget the big memory card for Go Pro if you are running it!

And - if you are looking for 50k really fun Mofos to see a show with, I highly recommend the Irish.

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #147
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
H Mofo - post some pics of your handy work, you know I'm an aux light ho! ....2 weeks Euro fest
Your trip sounds awesome! Def worth the trade... Lights turned in to a lot more work than i planned but it came out great - still a little bit of wiring to finish up tomorrow... so much for being done with prep the weekend before... i swore to my self i wouldn't be prepping/packing the night before i leave I guess i have 3 days to go technically

I like your fall line up!!

HM
Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #148
SquadraCorse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermofo View Post
Your trip sounds awesome! Def worth the trade... Lights turned in to a lot more work than i planned but it came out great - still a little bit of wiring to finish up tomorrow... so much for being done with prep the weekend before... i swore to my self i wouldn't be prepping/packing the night before i leave I guess i have 3 days to go technically

I like your fall line up!!

HM
I said the same thing haha, Got the bike completely finished yesterday, just need to finish the stuff for the truck. I'm working on a plywood platform to fit into the truck bed with a wheel chock and nests for the petrol jugs and spares box.

http://styleperpound.blogspot.com/
BMW R1100S Light | KLX 400
SquadraCorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #149
scholz
bush league

Oddometer: 52
fuelling?

I just took a glance at SS and transit distances:

Day 1: longest transit and SS before refuel: SS~ 24miles + Transit of up to 80miles - an optional refuel = up to 40miles until refuels.
This shouldn't be a problem. Only question: Is somebody bringing our fuel to richwood service park, or do we have to dump the fuel ourselves or find somebody?

Day 2: SS 35miles + transit of 61 miles= 96 miles total. This might be a bit of a stretch for some and maybe me (hard to guess SS gas mileage). Anyone know if there are gas stations on the transit route for day 2? I am probably just being paranoid here and it won't be a problem, but just want to be ready.

Regardless, if you see me on the side of the road with a syphon in my flailing hands please stop!

Cheers!
scholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #150
poondangle OP
Slow

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by scholz View Post
I just took a glance at SS and transit distances:

Day 1: longest transit and SS before refuel: SS~ 24miles + Transit of up to 80miles - an optional refuel = up to 40miles until refuels.
This shouldn't be a problem. Only question: Is somebody bringing our fuel to richwood service park, or do we have to dump the fuel ourselves or find somebody?

Day 2: SS 35miles + transit of 61 miles= 96 miles total. This might be a bit of a stretch for some and maybe me (hard to guess SS gas mileage). Anyone know if there are gas stations on the transit route for day 2? I am probably just being paranoid here and it won't be a problem, but just want to be ready.

Regardless, if you see me on the side of the road with a syphon in my flailing hands please stop!

Cheers!

I have a buddy coming up for the weekend. I was planning on having him drive my truck to the service areas. Everyone on the board is more than welcome to throw your stuff in my truck. My question is this: if we do choose to refuel at the service area, do we have to have the 2 man rule with fire extinguisher? If so, I'll bring one of those as well. If anyone knows, post up and I'll throw one in he truck Wednesday.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote