SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. airheadbruce

airheadbruce Uncle Dumbshit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do we need a meet and greet to give him some shit?:D
  2. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick, I think you will like the Seat Concepts seat. I just put one on the DRZ and it made a big difference. Rode it over to Missoula last weekend and came back over LOLO pass. About 465 miles and feeling good. :freaky
  3. Alpha One Nine

Alpha One Nine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's good to hear. Did you staple the cover on yourself? I'm torn between buying an air stapler and trying to do it myself or taking it to a pro. Do you do upholstery work for boats at the shop? I have one for the KLR coming to. I should have both kits tomorrow.
  4. Alpha One Nine

Alpha One Nine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heal up quickly Valleyrider!
  5. RustyPhoenixMotors

RustyPhoenixMotors Oops...

Oddometer:
    Ouch, that sucks. Sending prayers his way!
  6. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Are you back in town? I thought you were still on the road chasing Harleys to Sturgis or something?

If we do a meet and greet to give Valleyrider some shit I think we'd have to do it at his house. I think I remember where he lives. :evil
  7. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    No, I took mine to an upholstery shop. I wanted it to look good.:lol3
  8. airheadbruce

airheadbruce Uncle Dumbshit Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got back in town last Wed., stopped in Sturgis( 1 hour there and I had enough, of loud HD's anyway:D) on my way to upstate New York.
    I'm heading out again, on the DR, to do some camping somewhere- maybe Spion Kop area, Wed. night and maybe Thursday night. When do ya wanna go give Valleyrider some shit?
  9. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saw this thread yesterday, thought I would say hello. Been on ADV since '08, I think I didn't make my first post until '11 when I almost bought a Triumph Scrambler. Currently ride an '07 FJR and considering a Tenere but still feeling out what I want for a bike that can do some dirt and still go all day long day after day.

Erik
  10. XR4EVER

XR4EVER 919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer:
    :wave
  11. DiamondLie

DiamondLie Banned

Oddometer:
    Moved from sport touring to adv riding myself about five years ago and rarely pine for the old K12RS. The big trailies are good at many things which to me is better than great at just one thing! Don't rule out the GS and Multistrada until you've tried both. They might move you away from that Yammie! :deal
  12. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I will feel the same when I make the switch. I had to rule out the GS because my knees hit it's bodywork worse than the Tenere. The only thing that appeals to me on the Multi is the power and even that is becoming less important to me to a point.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
  13. DiamondLie

DiamondLie Banned

Oddometer:
    Better not test ride one unless you want that notion really challenged. Wow... Superbike power in an ADV chassis... Fuhgettaboutit!!! :evil

BTW, Westside has a demo model. Heh heh.
  14. WU7X

WU7X The Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Smithe, welcome! :wave

Unless you really are set on a monster DS, give the F800GS and Triumph 800XC a shot. The Triumph triple is really one smooth engine.
  15. Motomedic

Motomedic Over-caffeinated Raconteur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Of course, Dave Russel has a 990 Baja sitting on the floor....:deal

It all comes down to priorities. I'm still a dirt guy at heart, and the 990 is a bit more dirt oriented than the others in the category.

Oh yeah, hi there Smithe :wave
  16. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am going to test ride a Tenere this week, was planning on riding the Multistrada and a GS back to back a week ago but I didn't get back from a work trip as early as I planned and then stuff just got in the way of it. There aren't really any of the big dualies that I don't like for one reason or another but, a good dealer network, readily available parts, etc will play a part in my choice.

There is a part of me that says buy a used KLR, XL, DR or something along those lines and keep the FJR. Two bikes are better than one right?

Thanks for the welcome.
  17. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    What izzit with you kids wanting these big monstrous bikes? Small bikes R fun. :D
  18. smithe

smithe Long timer

Oddometer:
    They can be, heck I kinda want one of the new Honda Groms! My problem is at 6'3" a lot of bikes aren't a good fit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  19. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speaking of small bikes, mine speaks to me louder every year :freaky. Last time I went to the BMW Rally in Replublic I went on my beemer F650GS. http://wsbmwr.org/ . This year.... I'm going on the Yammi :clap:clap. And Maureen is going on her Sherpa. We've both ridden all the pavement and basic gravel roads around there, but according to Benchmark Maps there's a lot more to be checked out.... Think those Beemer Heads will welcome a couple gals on ... welll .. not beemers? :huh Anyone else want to help "spoil" the party? :D
  20. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    I think you will be fine. (Take some Keystone, it will go a long ways:lol3) :freaky