User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #181
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Latest orders CLOSED

In two groups, the following inmates are paid. This group is closed out and no ETA on the next group as of now.

A- Hope to ship Monday 6/10
Poweranger
OregonTiger
Grover6

B- Hope to ship Monday 6/17
meteos
Vzuke
elifino
InTheLoo

p3

pilot3 screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 10:31 PM
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #182
Lost Jello
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Can you put me on the next list
Lost Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #183
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Update on pending orders-

Guys-

Good news is I have all the lights in my hands, so the second half actually arrived early. The bad news is that I was surprised when I saw them because they all had a hole milled into the center of the housing that has never been there before. I did not move ahead with the wiring today because I was worried that I might need to send them back.

It took most of today for my dealer to look into it and the end result is this. The hole is covered by a gore-tex membrane in the form of a small sticker like object. The purpose is to allow condensation within the housing to escape. Evidently they have had some issues with people pressure washing these lights and forcing water past the gasket. Ok this explanation was beyond me. How about telling people not to pressure wash the lights?

So, it is my intention to finish them up tomorrow night and mail them out on Wednesday. For this group and any future purchasers, it would be your option to leave the membrane in place or remove it and put a dab of black RTV sealant over the hole. I honestly cannot give any advise in this area. I have had mine in place (an original) for many washings and rainstorms, and have no issues, nor have I heard anything from any prior buyers, many of whom I believe are taking their Tigers into more punishing conditions than I do mine.

I just wanted to let everyone know where the order stood, get the new information out there and update shipping information.

p3
Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #184
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

And they're off!

Coming soon to a mailbox near you, because the lights are outta here!!!

Poweranger
OregonTiger
Grover6
meteos
Vzuke
elifino
InTheLoo

You should all get them within a few days I expect, except the Canada purchasers. Past experience has Canada about 7-10 post days out.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you all enjoy them.

p3
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #185
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Jello View Post
Can you put me on the next list
PM sent.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #186
Grover6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Thanks for the update!
Grover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #187
Meteos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
arrived!

Thank you for the service! I need another side project right now like I need another hole in my head, but looking forward to it and may even slide it in front of sanding the paddleboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
Coming soon to a mailbox near you, because the lights are outta here!!!

Poweranger
OregonTiger
Grover6
meteos
Vzuke
elifino
InTheLoo

You should all get them within a few days I expect, except the Canada purchasers. Past experience has Canada about 7-10 post days out.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you all enjoy them.

p3
Meteos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #188
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteos View Post
Thank you for the service! I need another side project right now like I need another hole in my head, but looking forward to it and may even slide it in front of sanding the paddleboard.
I guess this means they are arriving at their destinations. Cool.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #189
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Yes, received mine Saturday.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #190
InTheLoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Just a quick thanks to the mastermind of this. I've had mine installed for about a month and have since taken the Tiger over some pretty rutted washboard and the light has not moved.

Best of all, it's effing bright. I hope I'm not giving Mr. Pilot's secrets away by letting on that this LED module is typically a warning light that you'd see on a police car or fire apparatus. Yeah, it's that bright.

Safety enhancements like this present a curious predicament when you have to assess its value. You'll never know if one day the extra visibility of having this light saves you from a seriously pear-shaped outcome because having it installed changes the outcome in your favor. No distracted driver with their nose mostly buried in their iPhone is going to ever pull up beside you, roll the window down and say, "Good thing you have that auxiliary brake light or I would have just plowed into you at 45 mph." But it might just do that...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #191
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLoo View Post
Just a quick thanks to the mastermind of this. I've had mine installed for about a month and have since taken the Tiger over some pretty rutted washboard and the light has not moved.

Best of all, it's effing bright. I hope I'm not giving Mr. Pilot's secrets away by letting on that this LED module is typically a warning light that you'd see on a police car or fire apparatus. Yeah, it's that bright.

Safety enhancements like this present a curious predicament when you have to assess its value. You'll never know if one day the extra visibility of having this light saves you from a seriously pear-shaped outcome because having it installed changes the outcome in your favor. No distracted driver with their nose mostly buried in their iPhone is going to ever pull up beside you, roll the window down and say, "Good thing you have that auxiliary brake light or I would have just plowed into you at 45 mph." But it might just do that...
Ah, thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I see a car closing fast as I approach a light. Interesting to see when I trigger the light, there's a marked change in their speed and hopefully attention. It's the guy that doesn't see it that I worry about.

And no secrets; it's just a matter of sourcing everything to include the Triumph plugs and putting it all together.

Glad you appreciate it.

Regards
p3
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #192
klinquist
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,086
PM sent, I want one!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #193
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinquist View Post
PM sent, I want one!
PM's will be answered tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #194
LtDaninBoca
Undocumented IronButtHead

Oddometer: 9
Me too!

You have a PM ...
LtDaninBoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #195
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

New group buy open - Short window

I opened a new group buy today and plan on closing it on Monday, August 12th.

Parts to me and assembly is usually about 2 weeks, so my hope is to be shipping out on Monday, August 26th, give or take.

Current pricing is as follows:

CONUS
$124 paid as PayPal gift
$129 paid PayPal with fees

CANADA
$130 paid as PayPal gift
$135 paid PayPal with fees

PM me for PayPal address to get in on this buy.

All pending PM's have been replied to.

p3