Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #9946
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
You will rule the day, rule it!
You should order a new keyboard to go with that cpu and video card.
Your "L" key is intermittent.

I fixed your post for you

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #9947
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,382
You don't see this every day...

Reaper in arty.

The Foch, Tiger, and GW Panther were all full heath one-shot kills. Yes, the Foch took 1550 damage from one standard shell.

Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge
Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #9948
C.John
to DOO or not to DOO

Oddometer: 73
I know I make questionable decisions in game (thus my 49% overall win rate) but now I'm questioning my other actions such as thinking "french heavies..hmm" and buying a B1...pretty sure I'm going to dislike grinding out that thing.
First English heavies and now french..I must have a thing about going against the grain.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #9949
~DC~
An Internet Legend

Oddometer: 440
Hetzer

Jumped into a Hetzer for the first time this evening, four games to get enough XP for the top engine, game 6 it comes down to me and another Hetzer, get him down to 5% health... I run out of shells.
~DC~ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #9950
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 986
Andrew and I managed to win three auto fire extinguishers tonight. Very nice run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.John View Post
First English heavies and now french..I must have a thing about going against the grain.
Glutton for punishment. French are very unforgiving. I usually recommend grinding through the M3 Lee to unlock the T1 Heavy and the Sherman. I think it is the nicest intro to the mid tiers.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #9951
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Andrew and I managed to win three auto fire extinguishers tonight. Very nice run!

Glutton for punishment. French are very unforgiving. I usually recommend grinding through the M3 Lee to unlock the T1 Heavy and the Sherman. I think it is the nicest intro to the mid tiers.

I forgot all about the fire extinguishers! I won 3 or so today I think. I am more interested in the xp from them personally though right now.

UGGG... The lee.... If it is your first grind, go to the hellcat, every tank along the way to there is good.
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #9952
C.John
to DOO or not to DOO

Concerning going Lee/T1..Already have T1 (just repurchased it infact) almost have T29 unlocked via the Jumbo even though I'm going T20 instead, just wanted to unlock both before selling Jumbo.
Black Prince crew almost has their first skill finished...pretty dead set on continuing up the English line BUT the thought of auto loader French heavy intrigued me..so B1 grind it is.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #9953
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:
Concerning going Lee/T1..Already have T1 (just repurchased it infact) almost have T29 unlocked via the Jumbo even though I'm going T20 instead, just wanted to unlock both before selling Jumbo.
Black Prince crew almost has their first skill finished...pretty dead set on continuing up the English line BUT the thought of auto loader French heavy intrigued me..so B1 grind it is.
Why loose all that crew experience in the american heavies and mediums? go up the american (schizophrenic) T57 line!
Big Bird 928 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #9954
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post

3 auto fire extinguishers + the double xp was pretty sweet. We hit a rough spot & lost battles 8 through 12, but we ended up winning 60% for the night. It was good playing with you, as always. It worked out well that the wins all happened to come in groups of 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
frecks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #9955
C.John
to DOO or not to DOO

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Why loose all that crew experience in the american heavies and mediums? go up the american (schizophrenic) T57 line!
Sticking with American mediums (want a Patton someday) but the heavies, well I like unique so I'm avoiding the russian/american/german heavy lines right now, just too many of them in most battles..plus I'm a glutton for punishment apparently.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #9956
Mike.Gail
Intentionally Blank

Oddometer: 2,136
I'm currently on the M5 Stuart, working toward an M7, and plan on continuing down that line.

The problem is I seem to always end up in battles where I'm horribly outgunned and comically underpowered.

I end up running around as fast as possible and rabbit the other guys out, and end up dead when I find them.

*shrugs* I'm still having fun.

"Injuries are the price we pay for not having sat around on our asses!" - Steve in ATL
Mike.Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #9957
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Sticking with American mediums (want a Patton someday) but the heavies, well I like unique so I'm avoiding the russian/american/german heavy lines right now, just too many of them in most battles..plus I'm a glutton for punishment apparently.
When you do come back to the American heavies, I highly suggest that you play the T1 and M6 before jumping into the T29. There aren't too many tanks more useless that a T29 with the stock 76mm gun. You can unlock the 90mm through the M6.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #9958
C.John
to DOO or not to DOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
When you do come back to the American heavies, I highly suggest that you play the T1 and M6 before jumping into the T29. There aren't too many tanks more useless that a T29 with the stock 76mm gun. You can unlock the 90mm through the M6.
Actually already have the M6 unlocked, I just repurchased the T1 simply because I sold it too soon the first time with a losing record. The plan is to get a winning record with it, sell it again and then put the crew back in the barracks like before.

I was cleaning out my "depot" and realized I still had all the T1 modules so I figured what the heck let's try the T1 once again.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #9959
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
If you are intrigued by the autoloader - the American T-71 (light), T69 and T54E1 (mediums) and T57 Heavy are all autoloaders. It is a bunch of fun to be in the T57 and take a full health enemy out in 8 seconds

The really nice thing about the American line is that the tanks (for the most part) have great barrel depression.

The Chinese 59-16 light also has an autoloader but the gun is pretty meek.

hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #9960
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gail View Post
I'm currently on the M5 Stuart, working toward an M7, and plan on continuing down that line.

The problem is I seem to always end up in battles where I'm horribly outgunned and comically underpowered.

I end up running around as fast as possible and rabbit the other guys out, and end up dead when I find them.

*shrugs* I'm still having fun.

Hey Mike,

The M5 Stuart is Tier 4 light tank.
Take a look at this chart:
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/images/...king_Chart.png

...as you can see, at Tier 4 the light tanks start to draw higher battle tiers (in this case up to battle Tier 8 (which is different than tank tier 8 btw..) ).

Try using it as a passive scout when you draw higher battle tiers and your gun is useless. Hide in bushes and do NOT fire your gun. Light up the enemy for your team. You'll get tons of spotting damage. The better you do it the more impact you'll have on the battle.

Hope this helps
Have fun!

cheers,
Ed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: