Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #10051
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Well, two mornings in a row... A single digit temp....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
That's pretty close to normal, next to the big air conditioner. (Superior)
Old 07-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #10052
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,663
Yup, I remember those summers as a kid growing up there. Hot than hell 5 miles west of town!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black FOR SALE, 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #10053
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

Oddometer: 328
Sorry I missed the whiteshell run, but a good friend I don't see very often was in town and we had already made plans.

I was out to Edmonton again, this time with my truck, and I picked up the old 1950-something James 125cc 2-smoke. Over all it seems in decent condition, the lack of a front end notwithstanding, and it still had oil in it to leak out on to my tarp.

Right now the tentative plan is to let the powersports instructor at Winnipeg Tech take it on as a class project, just to get it back together, since I've neither the time nor the talent for this sort of thing. My notion is to get it put into safe operating condition and to leave the original finish as-is. I much prefer leaving the history of such things intact, if possible, especially since it's a family heirloom of sorts.

I have a few pics but they are on my iphone and I can't be arsed to transfer them right now :P
Mark-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #10054
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 886
Red 2008+ KLR sighting on the West Perimeter today around 4:30PM.

Some nice riding weather out there today!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #10055
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 676
Took the strom out for a short ride tonight to test out the modified windshield...keep cutting it down and reshaping it and I think it's as good as it's gonna get now....can ride at 100k with the visor open and not too boomy with it closed now.

What a beautiful night for a ride south down 75 to St Adolphe.

Friday off to Millville MN to watch MX National. Hope Dungey can pull off a home track win and get closer to Villo in the point standings.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #10056
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
Took the strom out for a short ride tonight to test out the modified windshield...keep cutting it down and reshaping it and I think it's as good as it's gonna get now....can ride at 100k with the visor open and not too boomy with it closed now.

What a beautiful night for a ride south down 75 to St Adolphe.

Friday off to Millville MN to watch MX National. Hope Dungey can pull off a home track win and get closer to Villo in the point standings.
Unfortunately, I think Dungey blew it when he couldn't stay on the bike in the second last race...you can't give Villipoto any advantage. That said, I'm still cheering for Dungey! Enjoy the race, should be a good one!
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #10057
benwr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Hi Everyone, not sure if i should have started a new thread for this or not. I am living in Kenora (checked in on the Northern Riders Thread). I sold my 99 f650 and i am looking for a twin.

I was in contact with a sales person at Wildwood about their bikes. Just wondering if anyone bought new from them, their experience, if they came down from MSRP etc etc..

THANKS
benwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #10058
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Unfortunately, I think Dungey blew it when he couldn't stay on the bike in the second last race...you can't give Villipoto any advantage. That said, I'm still cheering for Dungey! Enjoy the race, should be a good one!

...probably got hit with a Laser beam....
isplat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #10059
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSlow View Post
Red 2008+ KLR sighting on the West Perimeter today around 4:30PM.

Some nice riding weather out there today!
Sure it was a KLR and not one of these:

I know there was a guy on a Gran Canyon passing through, would have been in the area at that time.
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #10060
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwr View Post
Hi Everyone, not sure if i should have started a new thread for this or not. I am living in Kenora (checked in on the Northern Riders Thread). I sold my 99 f650 and i am looking for a twin.

I was in contact with a sales person at Wildwood about their bikes. Just wondering if anyone bought new from them, their experience, if they came down from MSRP etc etc..

THANKS
PM sent.
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black FOR SALE, 2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #10061
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

Oddometer: 328
Riding to work today it was black to the west. Around Oak Bluff I had a spot of clear sky drizzle for a few minutes, and lamented my lack of a rain suit as I turned onto #3 and rode, uneasily and under-dressed, under the darkening sky.

On #3 I didn't get a single drop until I turned into Sanford and the clouds burst with impudent incontinence, 1km from my destination.

I have noticed in the years of riding this route that if there is ANY weird weather in the area, it'll be over Oak Bluff. From unexpected rain, snow, hail, sleet, fog, (the tornado pre-dates my commuting this way), ice-covered highways: if it's in the area, OB gets its own little piece of it.

Sanford is similar, save that for me it is famous for its winds. What is a gentle summer breeze on the east side of town will be a hat-snatching gale 2km distant over the tracks on the west side, and with great regularity.

Still better than taking the truck, though.
Mark-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #10062
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,927
Whyswoman...

Just spoke with the Whyswoman, who has just rolled into a NE suburb of Quebec City for the night.
She navigated the "hell of Montreal" without mishap, and the sub-urban "non-cloverleaf" hell of QC, though it sounds like she could use a lesson on programming the Garmin.
All said, she's had a glorious day of riding the north shore, and, it only gets better (twisty-wise) tomorrow, as she continues east.
Tomorrow, unless she changes direction, should see her heading into the Gaspe...
Cheers, Brian

PS. Her SPOT is here.
PiffleMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #10063
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Whyswomen....way to go girl!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #10064
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Whyswomen....way to go girl!
ditto
Old 07-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #10065
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwr View Post

THANKS
I've only been in there twice - once when I was looking at bikes and once when I picked up a topcase. Both times they seemed quite busy. Can't comment on bike prices though...