User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Homey OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
2006 ktm 990 superduke

I don't usually hang out over here because my bike is yellow (and it's not a Suzuki) but a friend of mine is looking to get a road bike and all of his past (off-road) bikes have been orange so he wants a orange street bike. Of course KTM's street bike options are limited but he's looking at the KTM 990 Super Duke because it fits closest to his criteria.

I know very little about that specific model. What's the scoop with it? Is it a decent road bike? It wasn't on the market here in the states for long but that doesn't mean it isn't a capable bike. That could just mean that us Americans thought it was ugly or something. I'm sure someone here actually owns one and can provide some valuable input? Thanks in advance!
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
evilwerkz
Time to ride....

Oddometer: 205
I own a 2008, itīs not an uber fast bike in the straights, like an R1, but it kicks most superbikes in the twisties, loves twisties

seating position is VERY comfy compared to any streetbike, itīs more like a huge supermoto, itīs a very capable tourer but the tank is small, and if youīre not careful, itīll get you in trouble with the police very easily, mine thinks that the normal cruising speed is 110mph all the time

in short, is fast, nimble and easy to work on, at least for me

ps : I beleive the 2006 model is slightly different, smaller gas tank but more horsepower, 2005-2006 are the favorite models for track days
Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Homey OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Thanks, sounds good as he's really just looking for a comfortable street bike that is orange. He lives in LA so nimble is nice. Doubt he'll be doing any track days but you never know, maybe I'll be able to talk him into it...
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote