ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #16
K2m
....58....
 
K2m's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell
Hey Rory...

No, I don't run the TPS. The SE is fairly light, and with proper jetting, won't suffer from any detonation issues.

BTW - here's the AP bleed jet mod you have yet to do. Sudco doesn't even know about this one...



I will not ask........... I will not ask........... I will not ask.......... I must not ask...........


You teaser Ken
__________________
The News, those who are trying to control what we think, do not want us to see.
http://www.presstv.ir/live.html So good the British Gov. Banned it !!!
http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #17
ktmkev
Adventurer
 
ktmkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta
Oddometer: 87
I don't have epc

I don't have epc, but I still have the tps, so it must be used to retard the timing.

What I would like to know is: Are you going to get crap in the shaft area where the switch came out of, because it has an o-ring seal on the inside of it? Or is that o-ring there to protect the switch from crap???
__________________
_______________________________________

2006 950 Adventure Orange Full canisterectomy, Full sasotomy, Home made blanking plates, Cats punched out, Jet needle clip @3, Stock Jetting, 16T Front.
2006 KLR 650 traded in for KTM after 1500 Km!!
1979 Suzuki TS 250 Runs like new.
1977 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Special. Cops made me sell it.
1976 Kawasaki 350 Tripple. Hit by a train. Not by me, let my buddy ride it.
1974 Honda CB 125. Gave it away.



ktmkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #18
PowerCell
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmkev
I don't have epc, but I still have the tps, so it must be used to retard the timing.

What I would like to know is: Are you going to get crap in the shaft area where the switch came out of, because it has an o-ring seal on the inside of it? Or is that o-ring there to protect the switch from crap???

Who are you asking Kev? K2M and I don't run the factory carbs.

I would suggest leaving the TPS connected. You're not going notice any performance increase, and it's nice to have the added protection.
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #19
ktm950se
Banned
 
ktm950se's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Maine
Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmkev
This causes the carburetor slides to open more slowly resulting in a lower air-gap area to be sucked in through the engine. The engine performance and noise are significantly reduced.
Greetings,
Any chance, that along with detonation control, this function was also designed to reduce too much power being applied to the rear wheel upon quick throttle openings? The Kawasaki ZX14 has a second set of butterflys (not connected to the throttle) that open upon a computer controlled system to prevent abrupt power at low rpms. The ZX14 guys all remove the "flys" upon buying the bike and report mega increases in bottom end...

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #20
Northbound
Adventurer
 
Northbound's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Oddometer: 36
Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

So, Peter, what's happening? Aahh, now, are you going to go ahead and have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?
__________________
2007 990 Adventure
2007 300 XC-W
Northbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #21
PowerCell
Manufacture
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbound
Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

So, Peter, what's happening? Aahh, now, are you going to go ahead and have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

Ummm, ya... I'm gonna need you to come in on Saaaaaturday...
__________________
~ Ken


www.powercellperformance.com
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:24 AM   #22
K2m
....58....
 
K2m's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm950se
Greetings,
Any chance, that along with detonation control, this function was also designed to reduce too much power being applied to the rear wheel upon quick throttle openings? The Kawasaki ZX14 has a second set of butterflys (not connected to the throttle) that open upon a computer controlled system to prevent abrupt power at low rpms. The ZX14 guys all remove the "flys" upon buying the bike and report mega increases in bottom end...

ktm950se
Actually the 990 has this.......... electrically controlled second butterfly..... 990 ...no thanks
__________________
The News, those who are trying to control what we think, do not want us to see.
http://www.presstv.ir/live.html So good the British Gov. Banned it !!!
http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
iluha_adv
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Izhevsk, Russia
Oddometer: 15
Let's wake it up

Good day friends!

Thread starter told: "My voltmeter reads 4.4 volts at a throttle closed position and 1.1 volts at full open"
I have the same issue. TPS operates in "other direction".
Why it is so?
Have you solved it?
iluha_adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #24
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sumi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluha_adv View Post
Good day friends!

Thread starter told: "My voltmeter reads 4.4 volts at a throttle closed position and 1.1 volts at full open"
I have the same issue. TPS operates in "other direction".
Why it is so?
Have you solved it?
Because the repair manual is wrong, and you should measure the voltage between the black and blue cables.
__________________
2005.5 950 Adventure (with 265mm travel suspension)
Sumi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
ABuck99
0.0
 
ABuck99's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 559
TPS Sensor Questions

OP >>>>This may help answer some TPS questions for you: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464570
__________________
KTM: 06 KTM950S & 10 KTM450EXC
ABuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
tinwelp
Professional Idiot
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Deepest Southern France
Oddometer: 127
... but I like the TPS!

Greetings all,
for sure the bike will run without the TPS, but I would recommend you keep it attached and adjusted, especially if you ride on the road.

I went to the effort of fitting the TPS to my FCRs during the install and so didn't really get to appreciate the difference it makes. Until during one of the many strip-downs to re-jet, I forgot to plug the sensor back into the loom. Starting was more difficult as a result and small throttle opening sensitivity was pants! I was convinced I'd cocked up the jetting or left something open. Nope. When I pulled off the tank and spotted the problem, I replaced the plug and tried it immediately: it completely cured the problems!

Maybe it's not so noticeable off road, Ken? Maybe you've got the throttle wide open all the time? I don't know, but that's my tuppence-worth on the subject.

OK, I'll ask! Ken, what's the AP mod we should know about please? Occasionally one of mine doesn't perform perfectly, so if it's to improve function, I'm all ears...

Thanks.

Cheers... Paul
tinwelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014