Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #10066
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
Sure it was a KLR and not one of these:

I know there was a guy on a Gran Canyon passing through, would have been in the area at that time.
Wow... that's an interesting beast. I don't think it was one of those but I only saw it for a moment.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #10067
SoSlow
Having fun

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
ditto
Thirded! Nice riding, Whyswoman!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #10068
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Whyswomen....way to go girl!
NV us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #10069
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 599
Just a quick hello to you all

For those of you who may be interested, Our friends Dawn and Davidare thinking about offering space at their "end-of-day-acres" for roadweary motorcyclists to rest and recoup - sort of like a "Toad Rock Campground" only with turkeys, chickens, and horses instead of toads as the fauna ...

Their little spread at Erinsville is probably the most relaxing place I have ever stayed, and there are lots of twisty roads, lakes, and stone mills to explore in the vicinity - making it an excellent base camp for day tripping...and it is only a couple of hours from Ottawa...To all those kind ADVriders who have hosted me on this trip, and during rallies - Please confirm your attendance as soon as possible, as I have a number of people waiting for appointments, and wish to ensure every available appointment is used to advantage. Donor feel slighted - I have had wonderfully relaxing experiences every where I have settled. For the night. But only Erinsville has young turkeys that run to greet you as soon as you are upand about - ands that is pretty special, I would say.

Come to think of it, they also have a toad named Prince who graces their front porch most evenings after sunset - and has apparently done so since they moved to the property 4 or 5 years ago...the place is truly magical...

If any of you are at all interested in knowing more, by all means inbox me, and I will put you in touch...

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...B7MsmZi3RGt4c2
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #10070
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,400
Anybody heard from Mel?
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #10071
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Anybody heard from Mel?
Lyle
She probably working hard to pay off the big trip they took !!!

and by the way, if have seen " no proof, that really did cross the line and enter into the world of BMW"...WTF...where are the photos ? Also, you owe me a PM re: the 2014 ice breaker !!!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #10072
calan818
All squint eyed&confused

Oddometer: 1,187
red KLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSlow View Post
Red 2008+ KLR sighting on the West Perimeter today around 4:30PM.

Some nice riding weather out there today!
That could have ben my 23 year old son Lucas. He is riding my old bike for the rest of the summer, he said he was heading to the city that day.
calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #10073
skysailor
Rat Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
She probably working hard to pay off the big trip they took !!!

and by the way, if have seen " no proof, that really did cross the line and enter into the world of BMW"...WTF...where are the photos ? Also, you owe me a PM re: the 2014 ice breaker !!!!!
I'll admit to being a little slow with the pics. PM me you cell number and I'll text you a couple. When the rain stops tomorrow, I'll bull the cover off and attack it with the Nikon!
Did reply to your PM......I'm so in.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #10074
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
I can vouch - I had a preview! Very pretty! MrsMacNoob likes it too.
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:02 AM   #10075
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 599
Just getting ready to leave Matane QC to ride the Gaspe Peninsula - likely in the rain...(50-70mm expected today)

Yesterday's ride was a delight, with sweeping vistas opening out before me with every corner I turned...I have to admit, though, initially it was a bit alarming to see that people's front doorsteps are only 4-5 metres from the highway you are riding...

I stopped for a couple of photo ops...and at one of them - the outlook at Baie de Whomever, I
managed to lay my bike down (at a standstill) not once, not twice, but THREE times - and get some road rash in the process...

I know... By the last time, I could hear Brian in my head, cautioning me to make sure my
loading was balanced - which I thought it was...I guess some lessons just need to be learned the hard way!

I have no pictures if Lucy napping though, so
by the oft-cited rules of this forum IT DIDN'T HAPPEN....

However here is a shot of the shoreline at Baie Comeau - taken from the ferry last evening, as I set sail for Matane...

Sent from my iPhone

Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #10076
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,592
Lee, I checked your spot this AM to see where you were and I can say you are well on the way to the edge of the country. Good for you and make sure take plenty of photos to share with those of us who are less fortunate and unable to attend your epic journey.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #10077
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
Just getting ready to leave Matane QC to ride the Gaspe Peninsula - likely in the rain...(50-70mm expected today)

Yesterday's ride was a delight, with sweeping vistas opening out before me with every corner I turned...I have to admit, though, initially it was a bit alarming to see that people's front doorsteps are only 4-5 metres from the highway you are riding...

I stopped for a couple of photo ops...and at one of them - the outlook at Baie de Whomever, I
managed to lay my bike down (at a standstill) not once, not twice, but THREE times - and get some road rash in the process...

I know... By the last time, I could hear Brian in my head, cautioning me to make sure my
loading was balanced - which I thought it was...I guess some lessons just need to be learned the hard way!

I have no pictures if Lucy napping though, so
by the oft-cited rules of this forum IT DIDN'T HAPPEN....

However here is a shot of the shoreline at Baie Comeau - taken from the ferry last evening, as I set sail for Matane...

Sent from my iPhone

Hey Lee, I did warn you about the houses coming right up to the road!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #10078
KamikazeKLR
Shorty on the 650

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysailor View Post
Anybody heard from Mel?
Lyle
Hi Lyle! Glad to see at least someone is questioning where I've been.
Chris and I have been out rock climbing in Ontario back and forth since we got back from our trip. We're training to be mountain guides.

As for the bikes, mine needs a bit of TLC but will be ride-able once I get my new sprocket and chain from Wildwood today. I'm thinking about getting TEMP insurance because insuring the bike for a whole month here is still WAYYY too expensive. Might be back on the road in the next week or two.

Not all those who wander are lost
2002 Kawasaki KLR650 - Big Red
KamikazeKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #10079
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeKLR View Post
I'm thinking about getting TEMP insurance because insuring the bike for a whole month here is still WAYYY too expensive.
I know a few people that just buy temp permits a week or so at a time when they want to use their bikes... you won't be the first! There are limits on how long you can have a temp permit, and how many times you can buy them.

The other thing you can do is just register it, and when you're not using it take the insurance off it. You would either get a refund or Autopac credit at that time.

I have 2 bikes and take the insurance off one, get a credit, and use it to register the other.

edit: MPI page with info on temp permits: http://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/Reg-and-Ins/...reg-proof.aspx
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #10080
skysailor
Rat Rider

I guess you don't want to hear that my insurance sky rocketed by THIRTEEN DOLLARS for the F650GS over the 2007 650 Bandit, to a total of 770$ including the coverage on my DR650? Didn't think so.
Lyle