ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #8746
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,555
Of course she gets on ADV today.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #8747
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 329
Weekend?

MC trip this weekend anyone? Camping overnight? Anything? The 3k I've ridden in the last month apparently isn't enough and I find myself w/ another weekend available to kill. Let me know if this perks anyones interest. I know I should probably just stay home, mow the lawn and play the tags, but what the heck!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #8748
mjw217
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Tag

Lake Milton fish and game club.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
mjw217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #8749
mjw217
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Next tag

This building was a Pioneer among buildings in the area.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
mjw217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #8750
BigArn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post
MC trip this weekend anyone? Camping overnight? Anything? The 3k I've ridden in the last month apparently isn't enough and I find myself w/ another weekend available to kill. Let me know if this perks anyones interest. I know I should probably just stay home, mow the lawn and play the tags, but what the heck!
Ride!!!
Work on stuff when you can't ride
Getting a new tire all I got on the schedule this weekend
BigArn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #8751
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,228
probably no overnight unless it was setting up camp in the dark with a late departure time, but I might be up for something Sunday morning-ish - maybe chase a tag or two on the trip...

but the current one here has me stumped - Phacops (in the other thread) would be a haul
Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #8752
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,269
Quote:
MC trip this weekend anyone? Camping overnight? Anything?
Yes.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #8753
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,372
Not me.. Last weekend of prep before i leave for Utah.
Mgbgt89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #8754
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Yes.
Tell me what you got. I was trying to get a camp site lined up over in Forbes State Forest in PA. Don't know yet if any of the 3 I'd like are available. You interested Big Arn? Anyone else? How late is a late departure RXCrider? Are you talking 6pm after a day of work? Anyone have any other leads on free camping in any direction? Doesn't have to be but now that I know there's free camping in most all State Forests, I'm good with that. Usually they are pretty remote and you're not parked next to a bunch of other 12 year olds...
Old 07-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #8755
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Tell me what you got. I was trying to get a camp site lined up over in Forbes State Forest in PA. Don't know yet if any of the 3 I'd like are available. You interested Big Arn? Anyone else? How late is a late departure RXCrider? Are you talking 6pm after a day of work? Anyone have any other leads on free camping in any direction? Doesn't have to be but now that I know there's free camping in most all State Forests, I'm good with that. Usually they are pretty remote and you're not parked next to a bunch of other 12 year olds...
I'm taking 5 days to the southeast. Only solid destination is Elkins, WV, on Saturday to hang with a buddy for a day. Probably do the Cass RR Sunday am. After that I got nowhere to be until Wed pm.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 07-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #8756
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Quote:
I'm taking 5 days to the southeast. Only solid destination is Elkins, WV, on Saturday to hang with a buddy for a day. Probably do the Cass RR Sunday am. After that I got nowhere to be until Wed pm.
Just talked w/ Jon. Unfortunately I probably shouldn't be "sick" tomorrow and immediately leave for a MC trip. If I can't come up with anything better I may ride to Snowshoe and camp and check out whatever's going on and ride back Sunday. I'm going to try to find something else though since I was just down that way a few weeks ago and I'm going to miss out on the Friday AM departure. The Cass RR looks like it might be a good way to spend a morning though. I didn't know that was down there. If someone was coming back Sunday I'd be there but I've spent enough time riding around alone lately. Would be nice to tag along w/ someone. It makes you appreciate the alone time a little more! Have a great weekend! I would probably be up for something Sunday if nothing else comes up.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #8757
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Just talked w/ Jon. Unfortunately I probably shouldn't be "sick" tomorrow and immediately leave for a MC trip. If I can't come up with anything better I may ride to Snowshoe and camp and check out whatever's going on and ride back Sunday. I'm going to try to find something else though since I was just down that way a few weeks ago and I'm going to miss out on the Friday AM departure. The Cass RR looks like it might be a good way to spend a morning though. I didn't know that was down there. If someone was coming back Sunday I'd be there but I've spent enough time riding around alone lately. Would be nice to tag along w/ someone. It makes you appreciate the alone time a little more! Have a great weekend! I would probably be up for something Sunday if nothing else comes up.
If you want to get together on Sunday shoot me a text, 419-946-2024. Elkins has very bad cell service and I can't get calls there, only text messages.

I plan on riding the RR Sunday at 11am. After that I'll likely head southeast but I might could be swayed into riding north a bit with you if you are heading home.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #8758
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Quote:
If you want to get together on Sunday shoot me a text, 419-946-2024. Elkins has very bad cell service and I can't get calls there, only text messages.

I plan on riding the RR Sunday at 11am. After that I'll likely head southeast but I might could be swayed into riding north a bit with you if you are heading home.
Got it. I'll contact you if I make it down there. Mine is 33zero 6oh4 twenty57for.
Always wanted to do that...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #8759
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,897
Quote:
MC trip this weekend anyone?

I need one bad but I'm stuck work the National Senior Olympics for 4 days which shouldn't be too bad, two 1/2 days of holding riders for Time trials and two 1/2 days on the moto for a grand. I didn't get that much working for the county for 2 weeks. There were 2 cyclist there the past 2 days, both in their 90's, I hope I can still pedal when I get that old.

I may disappear for a few days over the 3rd then I'm promoting a race in Orrville the 11th. After that I'll probably be close to getting laid off at the bike shop fpr the season and have lots of free time.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #8760
dazz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Some of us from BMW Sport Touring will be at Snowshoe for this:
For us it's the Rubber Chicken Rendezvous.

Some details about the Blues, Brews, and BBQ event at the mountain...

Blues, Brews and BBQ Registration includes:
Price: $20.00($30 if purchased on 8/10)
Mug
Beer tasting tickets(wristband)
T-shirts, Village BBQ’s Meals sold separately

Friday, August 9th,2013
7:30pm Entertainment Village Stage featuring-Fat Daddy’s Blues Band

Saturday,August10th,2013
11:00am-4:00pm Registration – Village area(near Depot)
11:30am Entertainment Village Stage featuring-Mahajibee Blues
1:30pm Entertainment Village Stage featuring-Elliott New and the Untouchables
2:00pm Main Event begins
3:30pm Entertainment Village Stage–Dennis Gruenling Band
5:30pm Entertainment Village Stage-Rusty Wright Band
Blues, Brews and BBQ Main Event
2:00pm-6:30pm

Breweries & Distributors thus far:
Elkins Distributing-Budweiser, BudLight, ShockTop, Goose Island Honkers, Yuengling, Yuengling Light, Yuengling Oktoberfest
NorthEndTavern-
Bridge Brew Works-Long Point Lager, Crox (Kolsch-style), Derailleur Pale Ale, Hellbender IPA

Al la Carte Food Available from:
The Junction Restaurant
Sunset Cantina
Cheat Mountain Pizza
South Mountain Grille
Woody’s BBQ
Fox Fire Grille
Frosty Frog
Ohio, USA
'Falling off motorcycles since 1963'
dazz is offline   Reply With Quote