Other 40 66.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
Yup, they have a map to install since you'd be running way too lean with the stock MAP.

yup, that's where i'm at right now. combing through all the info i can on MAPPING and trying to find just the right one.

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
Pistolero
W. F. O.

Oddometer: 752
CPR did the foot work and developed a spectacular system. I have stuck with them through the beginning stages and I have to say they are a spectacular company with excellent customer service. Any problems I had were sorted out very quickly. Can't wait for the x pipe exhaust system they are putting out for our bikes.
Pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
+1 on the CPR night and day difference

spencergt66 screwed with this post 08-05-2013 at 07:23 AM
spencergt66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #19
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporting Wood View Post
I make my own.

this. well, I mean I don't. but his is damn nice for a very good price.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #20
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,201
I never though of going other route than the OEM filter til I read the tuneecu thread. And now I see this thread. It seems I *need* to improve my bike's breathing

Does a OEM-replacement-type filter like BMC make a difference in terms of flow? Not ready to go with an air box full replacement yet.

And what do you think of a BMC + this side filters? yes or nay? I ride in -usually- very dusty conditions, central Chile is pretty dry all year. My guess is as long as the filter makes his job, this side panels can't hurt and actually the air they suck should be cleaner than the air coming from the snorkel...

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Yup, they have a map to install since you'd be running way too lean with the stock MAP.
...So if I already have FMF's on my Baja (flashed at the Dealer accordingly) and I want to run the CPR air filter, what is the protocol?

Thanks!
Cris
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
...So if I already have FMF's on my Baja (flashed at the Dealer accordingly) and I want to run the CPR air filter, what is the protocol?

Thanks!
Cris
You must Remapp. After I installed my CPR when I started the bike it was running supper lean the header pipes started glowing bright red almost instantly
spencergt66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #23
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
I love mine!
I love mine too.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #24
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post

Thanks!
Cris
Here's the link to their site and off to the right is the Maps. http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/Downloads.html

You'll either need Tune ECU http://www.tuneecu.com or a Power commnder V but if you don't already have the PCV go with the tune ecu which is free software and then build or buy a cable and load the map. It's very simple to do, it'll save your previous map so you don't lose it just make sure you hook up either a charged extra battery or a trickle battery charger so there's no hick-ups during the Re-map.
2010 Ducati 1198S

DuctTape screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 05:51 PM
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #25
aaronc76 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Hello All,
Thanks for your inputs, it was very useful.

I saw a lot of votes for the "CPR" system.
In addition I might need to change the mapping.
Currently I have the Akrapovič mapping, should it be changed after installing the "CPR" air filter system?

Cheers!
aaronc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #26
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc76 View Post
Hello All,
Thanks for your inputs, it was very useful.

I saw a lot of votes for the "CPR" system.
In addition I might need to change the mapping.
Currently I have the Akrapovič mapping, should it be changed after installing the "CPR" air filter system?

Cheers!

Aaron, can you tell us what model you have? We have been dedicated to procuring FI maps for different model KTM Twins through our own dyno sessions, using Auto Tune for PCV and loyal customers as well that have had reputable tuners build maps and may have something that will work for you. Check here: http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/Downloads.html

If you are using TUNE ECU, we have some files for them as well as this link here: http://www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html

Both KTM Twins and CJ Designs carry the easy to use Tune ECU cable and the software can be found here for free or with a donation to say thanks for such a great program: http://www.tuneecu.com/

If you tune for an exhaust only -or- a Rottweiler Intake only, you don't "double" the percentage values with both. You will be safe with the AKRO tune for intake only and a little lean with the AKRO Tune for both exhaust and Rott intake. We do know that many of our customers do this with great success but nothing is as good (or as crisp) as a dedicated tune or the use of Dyno Jet's Auto Tune. Still, you can get away with building up one step at a time.

You will find that our support runs deep as we originated the system (not a cheesy garage copy) and have some good in depth support and knowledge on the product so feel free to call us anytime you like and ask away. We have over 1K systems in use without one return, ever, so be assured that our system is a quality product.

Cheers,
CPR Fab / Rottweiler Performance
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #27
bdefen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
My setup

BMC oiled cotton (like K&N) with a UNI pre-filter. The UNI catches so much dust that I wash and re-oil the BMC just once per year. Regular K&N filter oil on the BMC. No Toil on the UNI. Depends on the riding as to how often I clean the UNI. Perhaps every 1,000 miles of dusty riding. I ride a lot on the NW high deserts, and it's dry.

I also installed the Head2Wind jetting upgrade, 4,000' setup.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #28
buzybraza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
I vote sporting wood!
buzybraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
ADV Dave
Gear up

Oddometer: 15
of the legitimate brands, there is no question that the rotti box by cpr is the way to go. they designed the system, have phenomenal customer service and put the time in to support the product with their informative website. (if you browse it) it filters and breathes better than any other brand and will actually yield real hp. the drop ins dont do squat imho. after carful investigation i bought one and have been grinning ever since.

+1 for the cpr rottweiler box...
ADV Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #30
NWOffroader
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV Dave View Post
of the legitimate brands, there is no question that the rotti box by cpr is the way to go. they designed the system, have phenomenal customer service and put the time in to support the product with their informative website. (if you browse it) it filters and breathes better than any other brand and will actually yield real hp. the drop ins dont do squat imho. after carful investigation i bought one and have been grinning ever since.

+1 for the cpr rottweiler box...
Pretty much sums it up, did pipe, cpr, sas, cannister and had it dyno tune, what a difference, not only in power but in smoothness and delivery. Not to mention the room and ease of access. Thinking another storage box would sit nicely right behind it.
NWOffroader is offline   Reply With Quote