ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #361
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpABump View Post
Next year BEND!!!!
Yeehaw!!!!

Glad your enthusiasm wasn't stifled
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #362
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Oddometer: 84
Yeah, what he said, I am close to a decade ahead of you, although this weekend I was heard saying I want to do _______ before I get to old.[/QUOTE]

Ha...there's plenty of time to ride and play!! I'm 62 and still learning and having a great time doing it!
BumpABump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #363
MotoFlicka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Made it back to PDX

...via High Rocks...and the swing down to Ripplebrook.

so thrilled at the completely upright day!

Thank you so very much -- more to come when I get pics up. AFTER I go get the KTM tonight !

-motoflicka
MotoFlicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #364
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
Uh oh.
oh....um.....well.....about another 40? Not much when I think of what I could have done the last oh.....30

(fixed)

BSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #365
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, what he said, I am close to a decade ahead of you, although this weekend I was heard saying I want to do _______ before I get to old.
Ha...there's plenty of time to ride and play!! I'm 62 and still learning and having a great time doing it![/QUOTE]

Really? Wow, I wanna ride with you!

Old 07-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #366
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSkye View Post
Ha...there's plenty of time to ride and play!! I'm 62 and still learning and having a great time doing it!
Really? Wow, I wanna ride with you! [/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? I'm the one that had to get stitches!

In answer to you earlier question...I was going down a very steep, rocky, rutted hill with a left hand turn...I got going too fast and didn't want to hit the brakes (afraid of skidding) and didn't want to hit another rider in from of me..I tried to go left and went down instead and the foot peg became too familiar with my left leg. It was a dumb thing to do, lesson learned. I can honestly say I had the best time !!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #367
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,044
Quote:
...I was going down a very steep, rocky, rutted hill with a left hand turn...
Hmm... Steep, Rocky, punctured flesh... this story has a familiar ring.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #368
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Quote:
Hmm... Steep, Rocky, punctured flesh... this story has a familiar ring.
Sounds like another story....

Oh, by the way, another thing I learned from this accident: Hydrogen Peroxide is suppose to take out blood on clothing. And, it is the major ingredient in Oxiclean. You don't have to thank me
Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #369
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,044
Quote:
...Hydrogen Peroxide is suppose to take out blood on clothing.
It does a pretty good job of boiling dirt, and germs out of wounds, as well.

Or, maybe that is why you had it out in the first place?

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #370
BSkye
Studly Adventurer

In answer to you earlier question...I was going down a very steep, rocky, rutted hill with a left hand turn...I got going too fast and didn't want to hit the brakes (afraid of skidding) and didn't want to hit another rider in from of me..I tried to go left and went down instead and the foot peg became too familiar with my left leg. It was a dumb thing to do, lesson learned. I can honestly say I had the best time !![/QUOTE]

Yup. Sure. My first ride a few years ago.......up some dry creekbed with what they call "babyheads"------> dislocated my thumb, rode all the way back from near the Dalles to the Hood River ER. It can be done......but better when nothing happens :)
Peterman however says if you don't get hurt you didn't do it right

Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #371
BumpABump
DizDirtRider

Quote:

In answer to you earlier question...I was going down a very steep, rocky, rutted hill with a left hand turn...I got going too fast and didn't want to hit the brakes (afraid of skidding) and didn't want to hit another rider in from of me..I tried to go left and went down instead and the foot peg became too familiar with my left leg. It was a dumb thing to do, lesson learned. I can honestly say I had the best time !!
Yup. Sure. My first ride a few years ago.......up some dry creekbed with what they call "babyheads"------> dislocated my thumb, rode all the way back from near the Dalles to the Hood River ER. It can be done......but better when nothing happens :)
Peterman however says if you don't get hurt you didn't do it right [/QUOTE]

Ohhhh..we saw a lot of "babyheads".
Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #372
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Sounds like this Adventure was a rousing success.
Yes, yes it was! What a positive, upbeat group of gals we had. Even with a few mishaps, no one complained. Every single person went home smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
While out ridin it the sticks this would be a welcome site fer a tuckered rider. Great ride ladies. You are inspiring
Thanks Jeffer! These ladies ARE an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenpockets View Post
I gotta say: what a WEEKEND!

So amazing. So happy to have been with you all to share this experience! Can't wait to see all the photos and swap stories! <3

Also, I was thinking about that corn ALL THE WAY HOME. Trying to figure mine out. Hmmmm. Can't wait for next year's group photo! I'll post some pics after I handle the family stuff. Thank you for all the support!

Glad to see your leg is stitched up, Shirley!

Thanks for setting it all up, Shelly!

PNW LR 2014= BEND.
Kathleen, you did great! And doesn't it feel good to to have not chickened out??
Mustangshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #373
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

Quote:
Just to let my favorite people in the world know that I made it home. I only spent one hour in the ER and only 3 stitches! I feel like every muscle is saying....what in the hell did you do?!!!!! I will post photos as soon as I figure it out. You women are AMAZING!!! I would ride with any one of you and it would be an honor! Next year BEND!!!! GRACIAS to my soon to be nurse! You were a lifesaver!
Shirley, I am so happy that your enthusiasm did not dwindle with your little mishap. Also happy that it was just some stitches and not worse.

Quote:
BEND it is!

BSkye stands for "be your own sky" as opposed to "the sky is the limit". Paint your own sky, row your own boat, pack your own chute, you are the master of your own ship...... You know - after being told by significant others that I shouldn't ride or can't ride, shouldn't or can't do this or that.... I have developed my own theory about where exactly those limits are - and that not even the sky is the limit.
By nature I am very independent, very self sufficient, I feel that considering what all we do in the rest of our life (and professionally) makes it entirely possibly to fix a flat, replace a chain, change a tire. All takes just a handfull of tools...... When my son was about 16 and said significant other disappeared from my life I bicycled a lot. Along with pondering what I plan to do when my son turns 18 and feeling that bicycling is "just not fast enough" ... "not even downhill!" stepping over to a motorcycle was a given. I also thought that in order to ride where I want to go once he IS grown, I best start now. That was 2009.

Having been born in Germany may be a bit responsible for a certain defiant streak as well although having lived here for nearly 20 years....well, that streak is still alive .

I absolutely love Katie's post about her fixing her flat! Seems although it may not be for everyone, a group of us should be able to bring the skills we need to the table to pull it off! Right? That said I don't mind if others want comfort and support, I just felt earlier in the thread that no wife would ever post on her husbands ride thread that they will sneak into the camp, leave fresh undies and dinner - and do the same in the next camp over. Hmmm.....do I want to ruffle anyone's feathers today? No, I really don't.

I look forward to meeting you all next year!
When it comes to learning from the best, Sherri "ladybug" pretty much blazed a trail, Katie (live2ridektm) also.
Great ladies for sure!
Let the "un-veiling" of insults begin! No need to check them at the door any longer, huh Barb?? For someone who did not attend this event and contributed absolutely nothing, you sure have a lot to say about it. I am so thankful for happy, helpful hubbys like Jeff, Mat, Craig, Kent and Sprague. While many of the gals in attendance are "independent and self-sufficient" as you like to boast, many are not. I had many "thank yous" for providing these services that are so offensive to you. I even had one tell me that she would not have attended if they were not available. So...continue to take your bitter little pill, but please quit posting it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoFlicka View Post
...via High Rocks...and the swing down to Ripplebrook.

so thrilled at the completely upright day!

Thank you so very much -- more to come when I get pics up. AFTER I go get the KTM tonight !

-motoflicka
Good on ya! Did you ever warm up??
Old 07-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #374
Mustangshelly OP
Adventurer...hardly

The torch has been passed

Scarlet and NatDesertCat have enthusiastically agreed to arrange next year's ride in Bend.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #375
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 330
Sweet memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
Uh Oh! Never mind, message received Loud and clear, PNW ADV LR NDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoFlicka View Post
Dear Wee...glad ur home safe. POWER!

Unfortunately the elders are ensuring what happens at Timothy Lake stays...@ Timothy Lake

Quote:
Sounds like this Adventure was a rousing success.
Why yes! As you can see all smiles indeed!