ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #286
ktmmitch
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
will you be testing with used cases and will you guys be using a fresh block when you actually build the race bike ? Great work by making an affordable alternative to the privateer wanting to race the dakar on a lower maintenance bike !
We will test the 450 with the used cases motor and prototype piston whilst waiting for production crank & piston.This should give us enough feedback of where we are going,it is quite a major project for a small group of us to be attempting,but we think there is a market for an economical alternative to short-hours 450RR bikes,and we want to show our EVO2 Rallye kits on the biggest stage in the world..........DAKAR.
Thanks to all those who are supporting our project,and I am looking forward to hearing it run for the first time(bit of a frankenstein thing going on I reckon)
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #287
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 6,999
Almost makes me want to turn orange...
__________________
DR650 Wiki
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #288
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 4,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We will test the 450 with the used cases motor and prototype piston whilst waiting for production crank & piston.This should give us enough feedback of where we are going,it is quite a major project for a small group of us to be attempting,but we think there is a market for an economical alternative to short-hours 450RR bikes,and we want to show our EVO2 Rallye kits on the biggest stage in the world..........DAKAR.
Thanks to all those who are supporting our project,and I am looking forward to hearing it run for the first time(bit of a frankenstein thing going on I reckon)
Very curious about this one
__________________
-
-
RIP Angelo Pandelidis aka Brodovich Team F5 leader and inventor of Brodomath.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #289
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We will test the 450 with the used cases motor and prototype piston whilst waiting for production crank & piston.This should give us enough feedback of where we are going,it is quite a major project for a small group of us to be attempting,but we think there is a market for an economical alternative to short-hours 450RR bikes,and we want to show our EVO2 Rallye kits on the biggest stage in the world..........DAKAR.
Thanks to all those who are supporting our project,and I am looking forward to hearing it run for the first time(bit of a frankenstein thing going on I reckon)
This is cutting edge.... Very nice
__________________
Thank you for the 2014 support:
RideIcon.com, GPR stabilizers,Kriega.us 100%,Rally Raid Products U.K.,Tractive, Precision Concepts Sidi, Aurora Rally, Multitool , Parts Unlimited
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #290
Farioli
"just do it"
 
Farioli's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Escondido, CA
Oddometer: 503
update please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We will test the 450 with the used cases motor and prototype piston whilst waiting for production crank & piston.This should give us enough feedback of where we are going,it is quite a major project for a small group of us to be attempting,but we think there is a market for an economical alternative to short-hours 450RR bikes,and we want to show our EVO2 Rallye kits on the biggest stage in the world..........DAKAR.
Thanks to all those who are supporting our project,and I am looking forward to hearing it run for the first time(bit of a frankenstein thing going on I reckon)
I am really interested how it went?

Thanks!
__________________
2015 Dakar Malles Moto.
Farioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #291
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider
 
ICERIDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Stanley Falkland Islands
Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farioli View Post
I am really interested how it went?

Thanks!
+1

Has it run yet? What's the predictions on torque/power band/heat production/fuel consumption etc?

Good luck.
__________________
950 SE
WR250R
950 ADV
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #292
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
+1

Has it run yet? What's the predictions on torque/power band/heat production/fuel consumption etc?

Good luck.


Dakar entry confirmed for Jenny? All quiet....
__________________
=> http://www.eatdirt.nl/blog <=
tehdutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #293
gladiator
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
+1

Has it run yet? What's the predictions on torque/power band/heat production/fuel consumption etc?

Good luck.
Why don't we start a 'prediction' pole and state what we think might be the result of these mods?
I'll start. I think that with a shorter stroke and a relatively large bore, the motor will only start making power in the upper rev range, and will be lacking any decent torque.
Whatcha think?
gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #294
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider
 
ICERIDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Stanley Falkland Islands
Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator View Post
Why don't we start a 'prediction' pole and state what we think might be the result of these mods?
I'll start. I think that with a shorter stroke and a relatively large bore, the motor will only start making power in the upper rev range, and will be lacking any decent torque.
Whatcha think?
!!!!!??????""""""""???

Jenny we all want this to work. There's a lot of big brains behind it. Taking a lot on, yes, but with a lot of experience to reduce the risk. And its amazing how oversquare engines can be these days but with computers they can work so well. But I think we're feeling the stress now with the days counting down and little news coming out. A lot of us are into engines and we'd love to know how its going that's all.

Good luck.
__________________
950 SE
WR250R
950 ADV
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 AM   #295
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer
 
italrally's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
Dakar entry confirmed for Jenny? All quiet....
Mmmmh, very quiet, a lot of people got the ASO letter !

Also no news on her facebook page ?

So what's up now Jenny ?
__________________
RallyRaid stuff and MD & MIGTEC roadbooks & RNS - Trip Computer & Alu-Supports & Carbonfibre plates for sale !!!
Design your own personal KENNY Rally Raid jacket !!!
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #296
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally View Post
Mmmmh, very quiet, a lot of people got the ASO letter !

Also no news on her facebook page ?

So what's up now Jenny ?
Dont know, perhaps an extended visit somewhere offroad?
__________________
=> http://www.eatdirt.nl/blog <=
tehdutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #297
Deadly99
Fast and Far
 
Deadly99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Merrickville, Canada
Oddometer: 8,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally View Post
Mmmmh, very quiet, a lot of people got the ASO letter !

Also no news on her facebook page ?

So what's up now Jenny ?

__________________
Tales From The Bivouac Rally Print Publications

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)


Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #298
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 6,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
Dont know, perhaps an extended visit somewhere offroad?
Riding? JMo? Surely not!
__________________
DR650 Wiki
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #299
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer
 
Aussie66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Dubai Desert
Oddometer: 767
My guess from riding several rally bikes and a few rallies.

The engine will be bullet proof, may feel a bit tame in the larger frame (compared to a yamaha or honda). Cyril at KTM had already said that the 450RR needed some modernization (ie lose some weight). But dont forget 90% of the people rallying do NOT need a competetive bike, they need a rideable reliable bike.

If you are in 70th spot you are NOT in any contention, finishing should be the goal, anyone who blows an engine in 70th spot took the wrong idealogy to the race.

I reckon the thought process here is a great one, most people going to dakar would choose a 450RR, errrrrrrr , a winner if the rider has alien talent otherwise it is the wrong choice. It requires daily love and attention, lots of attention, and as a noveau entrant at dakar you simply do not have that time.

my 2cents

Gooo Jmo
__________________
"If at first you dont succeed then skydiving is not for you."
Aussie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #300
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer
 
tehdutchie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam or on Twitter @antal
Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie66 View Post
My guess from riding several rally bikes and a few rallies.

The engine will be bullet proof, may feel a bit tame in the larger frame (compared to a yamaha or honda). Cyril at KTM had already said that the 450RR needed some modernization (ie lose some weight). But dont forget 90% of the people rallying do NOT need a competetive bike, they need a rideable reliable bike.

If you are in 70th spot you are NOT in any contention, finishing should be the goal, anyone who blows an engine in 70th spot took the wrong idealogy to the race.

I reckon the thought process here is a great one, most people going to dakar would choose a 450RR, errrrrrrr , a winner if the rider has alien talent otherwise it is the wrong choice. It requires daily love and attention, lots of attention, and as a noveau entrant at dakar you simply do not have that time.

my 2cents

Gooo Jmo
always the voice of reason
__________________
=> http://www.eatdirt.nl/blog <=
tehdutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014