Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,057
not a defect...the collar is high but if you roll it down like you would a turtle neck that helps. I think KLIM really needs to pay attention to how many of us are noticing the collar. Even with rolling it down the point is we should not have to. Hey KLIM, I am not sure you could economically come up with a fix on the existing jackets out there but I hope you do trim ones in the making. If we could send our jackets back to you...and there was a way to mod the collar that would be GREAT!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #77
JBADV
searching for sanity

Oddometer: 3,324
soph9 thanks for the reply.It really seems like I would defeat the purpose of a waterproof jacket if the collar has to be rolled down to make the jacket comfortable enough to be worn.When I tried on the jacket I had reservations about the lack of a way to hold the collar open.For a jacket at this price point the collar should not be an issue.I hope Klim will help me with this problem.Repair? Replace? Refund?
When I turned my head to the side,the collar would catch my helmet when I tried to turn my head back to the front.I would then have to tip my head back,taking my eyes off the road,to turn my head back to the front.This really becomes a safety issue also.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #78
soph9
Bike Addict

I know what you are talking about how the collar catches the helmet...i am rolling the collar and will keep the jacket. i also have tucked the flap inside the jacket and it stays. I know for the $$ this should not be an issue but I love the KLIM products and H20 proofing that I just hope they modify this collar and carry on.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #79
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
The collar was the reason I did not purchase a Latitude and went for the Traverse instead. The Latitude jacket fit great but when I sat on a bike at the dealer, the collar hit me right in the adams apple. Very painful, very uncomfortable and a deal breaker. The Traverse has a much more pliable and comfortable collar and when its warm I just tuck the tab inside. Hopefully Klim will re-engineer this.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #80
soph9
Bike Addict

we have the Traverse...it really has not collar but I get your point.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #81
JBADV
searching for sanity

Oddometer: 3,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
The collar was the reason I did not purchase a Latitude and went for the Traverse instead. The Latitude jacket fit great but when I sat on a bike at the dealer, the collar hit me right in the adams apple. Very painful, very uncomfortable and a deal breaker. The Traverse has a much more pliable and comfortable collar and when its warm I just tuck the tab inside. Hopefully Klim will re-engineer this.

I really hope Klim will step up and offer some help with this.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #82
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,178
I've mentioned this over in the other thread started specifically for the Latitude, but it probably is worth mentioning here. As Soph says, the collar is easy enough to roll down and the whole collar softens with use and washing. My jacket and pants just had its second bath last night and my collar is much more supple.

But you're right... a jacket at this price point should have had more thought put into the usability issues like collar/helmet relationship and methods to hold the collar open.
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #83
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 514
Great thread! Great Company!!

I had a small leak in the crotch area of my Traverse pant that was investigated at the Canadian head office, got a new pair back

I was told by the CDN rep to stand once and a while to drain the puddle that can form.

The one suggestion that I have is adding 1/2" - 1" to the length of all the horizontal Velcro strips on the legs. In cold weather I tend to be at the very end of the strip and need that extra bit more to keep the occasional draft out or accidentally popping open the pant on the foot peg.

There is a BadLands Pro in my not so distant future.
Toronto to Maine and back
Toronto to Boston -The Long way
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #84
400psi
Cropdusting

Oddometer: 373
If I can, I would like to offer some thoughts about the Dakar pants and what would make them ideal for my use which is day trip riding, trail riding and dual sport.

I would like a pair of Dakar pants that had an internal "gaiter" that was goretex from the below the knee section of the pants. The goretex material could be on the outside but I would suggest the gaiter only so it is less prone to getting holes in it. Damn header pipe.

If this fastened somewhat tightly around the boot and came up to the knee, I could ride creek crossing etc without water just soaking through my pants and in over the top of my boots. This would help my pretty porous boots be not quite as soggy. That way, when I can afford the goretex socks, I can be relatively assured that while my pants and boots may be wet, my feet wont.

Also, if the pockets could be both the old "triangle pocket" for lack of a better term on one side and the new exterior mounted pocket on the other, this would allow the "triangle pocket to be made of goretex so you could have at least one waterproof pocket for phone camera etc and not have to rember to put it in a baggie.

Also, please use stronger zippers

I am not interested in anything additionally waterproofed because I figure that if it is over my knees etc, I realize I am goting to get wet. If its raining, I'm probably not going.
On the other hand, I love my Dakar pants though and will by another pair
Old 08-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #85
chug_bug
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Zip on / off storm collar on all jackets

This is a deal-breaker on why I can't buy your jackets, which is a shame, they have a lot to commend them.
chug_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #86
catalina38
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by chug_bug View Post
Zip on / off storm collar on all jackets

This is a deal-breaker on why I can't buy your jackets, which is a shame, they have a lot to commend them.
It works great on the Adventure rally jacket. Standard, Leatt collars and no collar for the hotter days

KTM 2010 990R, 2013 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #87
chug_bug
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalina38 View Post
It works great on the Adventure rally jacket. Standard, Leatt collars and no collar for the hotter days
far too expensive for a few pounds worth of gore-tex.

they need to provide this on the badlands and latitude jackets.
chug_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #88
icebox
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
on going product support

Bought a pair of Dakar pants from a local dealer, less than a hundred miles from the "factory". after some use decided it would be nice to add the D30 armour for last years, less than one year old pant. Ordered the armor from a local dealer and requested that it be for the pants I bought less than a year a go. None of it fit, the knee armor was much too large for the pocket, the hip pads much to small. At least the hip pads on last years pants are on the side of the hips, not out front where the armor in the new pants is, offering almost no protection to the hips. Called Klim customer service and the reply was" we no longer carry armor for the "old pants" . WTF? I can still get replacement armor for my five year old RP2s. Talk about lack of support for a product. Found a home for the armor in a Revit pair of pants I still use, buyer beware I guess. At least the Dakar pants wern't to expensive. Glad Laurie and I each didn't buy a set of Badlands Pros we were looking at this spring.