Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #1411
Turder
Throttle engineer

Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I simply could not believe Vettel's whining when he failed to make a late pass on Kimi: "He didn't give me enough room!" No kidding, you spoiled little twat. Man, is he easy to dislike.
Best part, though, was after the race when Seb went to talk about it with Kimi. Kimi's 1st response: laugh

I gotta say that if there were old pitlane speedlimits, Vettel would have stayed in front of Kimi on the last stop. Now he arrived about 3 seconds behind Kimi. With the old, faster speedlimit, pitstops would have been about 4 seconds quicker.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #1412
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turder View Post
Best part, though, was after the race when Seb went to talk about it with Kimi. Kimi's 1st response: laugh
Followed by "it was the heat of the moment." Basically he did say he was off base with the radio call once he settled down.

Was nice to see them all taking and joking around on the podium during the interviews, sometimes the good sportsmanship is missing, and these candid moments are way more interesting than Lee's blather.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #1413
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,184
I liked the race.... if Grosjean didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all. Good points for the team though. That drive-through was bullshit, even Massa said so (and he was there).

yay Kimi for making Seb whine

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #1414
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 74,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
That drive-through was bullshit, even Massa said so (and he was there).
Yeah, I agree. Four wheels off the track is a BS call and they're really, really inconsistent with it. I've seen Vettel be more blatant, and on a straight no less, and nobody gave him a drive through. I'd like to see them clean that up.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #1415
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Grosjean is the Simocelli of F1. He's on double secret probation.

misanthropic screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 05:29 PM
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #1416
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

and Ferrari gets a slap on the wrist....

Quote:
No penalty for Alonso for DRS misuse

2013 Hungarian Grand Prix

July 28, 2013 at 6:26 pm by Keith Collantine
48 comments

Fernando Alonso has escaped punishment for using DRS when he wasnt supposed to during the Hungarian Grand Prix.
The stewards found the Ferrari driver activated DRS on three occasions when he was not within a second of another car.
Ferrari were fined 15,000 (12,945) for the infringement.
The stewards ruled: The DRS enabling system was not changed by the team from the pre-race to the race setting. The driver therefore incorrectly received DRS enabled messages and reacted to them (when not entitled to) on three occasions.
As soon as the team became aware of the problem they informed the driver to only use DRS when told to do so by the team.
Whilst a small sporting advantage (less than one second over the entire race) was gained, the team argued car three [Alonso] also suffered a disadvantage by being unable to use DRS on every legitimate occasion.
However, the team is ultimately responsible for ensuring the system conforms to the regulations.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #1417
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

no curry in 2014...

Indian GP organizers confirm no race in 2014

Korean might be the next in line to open up a spot to make room for the already set calendar of 20 races for next year.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Main straight during the 2011 Indian GP (LAT Photo)

Read more

July 30th, 2013 (F1plus).- Sometimes, gossip and speculation turn out to become reality. It's been a while since it was reported that few races were on the brink of being ditched to make room for Russia and Austria, and today, Indian Grand Prix organizers confirmed the race will not be held in 2014.
Earlier, F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone - under pressure to limit the calendar to a maximum of 20 Grand Prix - admitted the race outside New Delhi is the first to go.
With Russia, Austria and New Jersey all scheduled to join the already 19-strong race calendar, former Indian F1 driver Karun Chandhok admitted: "Bernie is spoiled for choice.
"I think formula one is in demand," added the former HRT driver, whose father Vicky is the Indian motor sport federation boss.
Ecclestone has admitted the government's tax policy is a problem, but the official line is that a scheduling issue has triggered the need for a one-year race sabbatical.
"It (having a 2014 race in October and another early in 2015) was too close," he told the Indo-Asian News Service.
"Therefore, after speaking to promoters, we think it is best not to have a race in 2014 and have one in 2015."
Race organizer Jaypee is now confirming Ecclestone's news.
"If Formula One Management wants us to hold our race in March 2015, we don't have any problem with that," said managing director Sameer Gaur.
Then we go to the issue of another slot needed, and Korea looks set to join India in F1 exile.
And amid reports Ecclestone will drop the Indian grand prix over a tax issue, Germany's Auto Motor und Sport claims the other race unlikely to survive beyond 2013 is Korea.
"Apparently," said correspondent Tobias Gruner, "the organizers have run out of money.
"Ecclestone is well known for having little patience if his fees are not paid."
The AFP news agency also reports that Korea is in doubt, saying the organizer "has lost money since it first hosted formula one in 2010, and local authorities are unwilling to cover losses".

Old 07-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #1418
wxwax
Excited Member

For some reason I thought Korea was already dead.

Alonso not quite his usual professional self after Hungary.

Quote:
Asked afterwards what kind of car he wanted for his birthday, the double world champion said: "The one the others have". Asked also what he planned to do over the August break, with the season now at its midpoint, he retorted: "I will pray".
Gets a spanking from Ferrari. I admire his driving but not his personality. For that reason I wouldn't mind seeing him at Red Bull, where dissension and chaos would be sure to follow.

Meanwhile, Ferrari try to figure out how not to become "Williams but with money." They've churned personnel, James Allison being the latest addition. The constant has been Stefano Domenicali. Maybe he's the problem?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #1419
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post

Meanwhile, Ferrari try to figure out how not to become "Williams but with money." They've churned personnel, James Allison being the latest addition. The constant has been Stefano Domenicali. Maybe he's the problem?
Perhaps my memory is faulty, but until the recent Schumacher era, they've always been a team that's punched below their weight at least since the late '70's
Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #1420
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Perhaps my memory is faulty, but until the recent Schumacher era, they've always been a team that's punched below their weight at least since the late '70's

Maybe it was during the Schumacher era, but I recall reading that year in, year out Ferrari was always the #1 spender.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #1421
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Maybe it was during the Schumacher era, but I recall reading that year in, year out Ferrari was always the #1 spender.
These days, that's Red Bull. Might be Mercedes in second.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #1422
green hell
yawning or snarling

Oddometer: 19,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post

that will never get old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
if they didn't have alonso hustling that pig around they'd be in deep shit.

and don't discount ross brawn during the successful ferrari era.

needless dickery
green hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:31 AM   #1423
Turder
Throttle engineer

Oddometer: 465
German magazine Bild reports that Ferrari has made an offer to Kimi. According to them Ferrari's offer is bigger than what Red Bull offered (around 15 million a year, plus bonus and also funding to Kimi's Ice1Racing motocross team).

Summer break - not for journalists
Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #1424
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I bet that's been true since Fangio was racing. Their problem has always been return on investment.

JNRobert screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 12:39 PM
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #1425
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turder View Post
German magazine Bild reports that Ferrari has made an offer to Kimi. According to them Ferrari's offer is bigger than what Red Bull offered (around 15 million a year, plus bonus and also funding to Kimi's Ice1Racing motocross team).

Summer break - not for journalists
They probably told Kimi to take it out of the last contract