Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #976
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hey Ken,

An easy way to shop your options is to put "Xtrafit" as a keyword in the search box on our website. Xtrafit (if you are not already familiar) is a Gore-Tex technology that bonds the Gore-Tex membrane to the outer shell of the glove for excellent grip feel and liners that won't pull out with your hand. Xtrafit, in nearly all cases, is used on non-insulated gloves.
Dainese, Rukka, Alpinestars, and REV'IT! all have Gore-Tex Xtrafit options, but I will warn you, they are all a premium price point.

One other option is the REV'IT! Summit H2O glove, that is a waterproof glove that is not insulated. The Summit glove uses similar technology to Xtrafit that REV'IT! "borrowed" from Gore in the construction of this glove. The Summit H2O is also much more affordable.

If you have more questions, don't forget our team of Gear Geeks is here to help.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thanks Ali - looks like good things come to those who wait. Summer is here and I have ridden in rain every day this week. My REVIT! Dirt gloves dry quickly. Come fall, it looks like the Dianese Veleta will be on my shopping list.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #977
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,349
Rev'it Everest pants and jacket seem to be on closeout, is there going to be a new replacement in the Rev'It line for these pieces?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #978
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
rev'it everest pants and jacket seem to be on closeout, is there going to be a new replacement in the rev'it line for these pieces?
+1.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #979
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Rev'it Everest pants and jacket seem to be on closeout, is there going to be a new replacement in the Rev'It line for these pieces?
Hi Swimmer,

I've seen the Fall line up from REV'IT!, but we are under embargo to give any specifics. I can say I think this is the most notable Fall release they've put together since they originally launched the Gore-Tex collection 3 years ago. RevZilla will have detailed videos on all the new products as soon as REV'IT! gives the green light to release to the public. I apologize for being so vague, and for basically replying "stay tuned,"...but stay tuned.

As for the Everest GTX jacket and pants, it is a great amount of savings for a premium product. 30% + savings on any REV'IT! product is something to take notice of and the Everest still holds its own against many of the Gore Tex Pro Shell products out there.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #980
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,349
Thanks. I've got the Everest pants (luckily I didn't have to pay full price for them) and I am very happy with them after about two year of nearly daily wear. Actually tempted to pick up another pair at discount to use when mine die. The Everest Jacket was never tempting though due to the lack of what I perceived as good venting and the cut/shape. I am wearing another brand pro shell jacket but it's fading to a red color which really sucks as it's otherwise a very nice jacket so I'll be interested in what they come up with for new jacket.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #981
AZR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Revit pants for offroad?

Ive been looking for a good pair of pants for offroad (plus some street, getting to the trail riding) use in summer. The airwave pants look great, but they seem like they would be more for street use. Anyone have experience using them on the trail? Any other Revit pants recommended for offroad in the heat?
AZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #982
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZR View Post
Ive been looking for a good pair of pants for offroad (plus some street, getting to the trail riding) use in summer. The airwave pants look great, but they seem like they would be more for street use. Anyone have experience using them on the trail? Any other Revit pants recommended for offroad in the heat?
Hi AZR,

I've used an older model of REV'IT! mesh pants for some riding in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. The airflow is great, but they melt easily if your pipes are exposed (or if you fall over a lot like I do) and be prepared to get really dirty. Mesh pants act like a sort of dirt sieve off road and let the finer dirt and dust through from trail riding.

For hot weather riding, mesh pants, such as the Airwave, are great on the street but would not be my first choice for dirty or dusty off road conditions. You might take a look at something like the new Sand 2 with all the liners removed and the vents open for hot weather riding. The Sand 2 are a great option for street riding and perform in a wide range of temperatures.

Klim makes some great Off Road pants, such as the Mojave or the Dakar pants, if you decide to go that route. At the present moment, REV'IT! does not make a true dirt / off road pant.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #983
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,009
Sand 2 vs. Defender GTX Pantalones

Hey Zillionaires!

I'm back and forth now on the Rev'it Defender and Sand 2 pants, and would love it if you could take a sec and run down the value vs. performance difference between these two products!

I have the Sand 2 jacket in a medium as I'm 5'10" 160lbs, and the jacket fits perfectly. I took competitors pants off the table since I'd really like them to zip together, and I love the Rev'it! stuff. The latest gen has the perfect slightly edgy style of many an Adventurer. Straight and narrow from the front, and slightly off their kilter from the side...

(my opinion on the collar topic is "you're doing it wrong." The Sand 2 has the cool sliding snap for the collar. Pin the inner flap open, and slide the snap to it's largest setting and it holds the top of the jacket/collar open so air goes down my back. Sweet.)

Back to the topic:

The Defender is 2X the price of the Sand 2, and while they both look good, have lots of features, is the bad-ass-ness of the Defender really worth it? I ride 3 seasons. I want something for everything, like the jacket. In my head, if the Defender had a GTX shell with all waterproof zippers and vents, then it would be worth the extra quid. The GTX over the Sand liner is really only going to be ahead on lengthy, hot, full rainy days, so isn't really a big whoop IMO.

Thanks!

BTAO
Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #984
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Hey Zillionaires!

I'm back and forth now on the Rev'it Defender and Sand 2 pants, and would love it if you could take a sec and run down the value vs. performance difference between these two products!

I have the Sand 2 jacket in a medium as I'm 5'10" 160lbs, and the jacket fits perfectly. I took competitors pants off the table since I'd really like them to zip together, and I love the Rev'it! stuff. The latest gen has the perfect slightly edgy style of many an Adventurer. Straight and narrow from the front, and slightly off their kilter from the side...

(my opinion on the collar topic is "you're doing it wrong." The Sand 2 has the cool sliding snap for the collar. Pin the inner flap open, and slide the snap to it's largest setting and it holds the top of the jacket/collar open so air goes down my back. Sweet.)

Back to the topic:

The Defender is 2X the price of the Sand 2, and while they both look good, have lots of features, is the bad-ass-ness of the Defender really worth it? I ride 3 seasons. I want something for everything, like the jacket. In my head, if the Defender had a GTX shell with all waterproof zippers and vents, then it would be worth the extra quid. The GTX over the Sand liner is really only going to be ahead on lengthy, hot, full rainy days, so isn't really a big whoop IMO.

Thanks!

BTAO
Dear Bacon... I mean Btao,

It seems to me like you've already made your mind up? But if I can help finalize that decision, I would recommend the Sand 2 Pants over the Defender based on the info you provided.
The biggest advantage of the Defender GTX are the Gore-Tex layer, the lighter but durable materials and the Exkin Air thermal liner. Since the Gore-Tex feature is less important to you, I would say the biggest sacrifice is in the outer materials. The Defender is lightweight, but very durable. The Sand 2 is comparable, but does not use the same ripstop fabric that I think sets the Defender apart. The Exkin thermal liner is a nice upgrade over the thermal liner in the Sand 2, but the thermal liner is adequate in the Sand 2.

The other debatable feature is the armor. The Defender uses SaS-Tec and the Sand 2 uses Pro Life armor. Personally, I'm not a fan of SaS-Tec over some of the other molecular armor being produced now. The Pro Life armor is the same armor REV'IT! uses in all their race suits, and we've seen Randy & Alvaro test it plenty.

And if you needed one last reason? Style. The Sand 2 Jacket and pants were designed to be a set. The color, materials and pattern lines will match up much better than that of the Defender.

If you still have questions or want to debate in more depth, our Gear Geeks are here to help.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 07-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #985
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

I have the Defender jacket and absolutely love it. I'm in the process of switching everything to Gore Tex but I too need help justifying the cost of the Defender pants. I know the quality is there; I'm still wearing my 2007 Dakar pants the exterior of which has held up well and I nurse the old Hydratex liner along a tube of seam seal and a can of silicone camp spray.

Can you compare for me the Defender pant vs the Dianese Bruce and Galvestone and some of the Klim offerings? I may be willing to sacrifice venting to stay in the budget - but Gore Tex is imperative. What would you recommend?
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 07-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #986
PhaseShifter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=Sand2
PhaseShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #987
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
I have the Defender jacket and absolutely love it. I'm in the process of switching everything to Gore Tex but I too need help justifying the cost of the Defender pants. I know the quality is there; I'm still wearing my 2007 Dakar pants the exterior of which has held up well and I nurse the old Hydratex liner along a tube of seam seal and a can of silicone camp spray.

Can you compare for me the Defender pant vs the Dianese Bruce and Galvestone and some of the Klim offerings? I may be willing to sacrifice venting to stay in the budget - but Gore Tex is imperative. What would you recommend?
Hi Ken,

The REV'IT! Defender has a few advantages over similar offerings from Dainese and Klim. The 2 Dainese Gore-Tex pants you mentioned have non-removable Gore-Tex membranes (Z-Liner construction), which means one less liner to fuss with, but not as light or breathable in hot weather. The Dainese Talos offers similar function to the REV'IT! Defender GTX, but is more designed for touring and less for the abuse of Adventure Touring.
Klim gear is plenty robust and purpose built for Adventure Touring, but most of their pants are shell's only. Again, fixed Gore-Tex with no thermal liners.

If you are looking for a cold & wet weather only touring pant, Klim and Dainese make some awesome selections. If you are looking for something more true 4-season, with the flexibility of a waterproof drop liner, the Defender GTX are still one of the best options out there.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #988
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Quote:
Hi Ken,

The REV'IT! Defender has a few advantages over similar offerings from Dainese and Klim. The 2 Dainese Gore-Tex pants you mentioned have non-removable Gore-Tex membranes (Z-Liner construction), which means one less liner to fuss with, but not as light or breathable in hot weather. The Dainese Talos offers similar function to the REV'IT! Defender GTX, but is more designed for touring and less for the abuse of Adventure Touring.
Klim gear is plenty robust and purpose built for Adventure Touring, but most of their pants are shell's only. Again, fixed Gore-Tex with no thermal liners.

If you are looking for a cold & wet weather only touring pant, Klim and Dainese make some awesome selections. If you are looking for something more true 4-season, with the flexibility of a waterproof drop liner, the Defender GTX are still one of the best options out there.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thank you Ali, you eloquently reiterated what I guess I already knew. I can either sacrifice some versatility and upper temp range or shell out for the Defender. I suppose I just needed to hear it. One way or the other, I'll be in touch before my next winter trip.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #989
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Quote:
Hey Ken,

An easy way to shop your options is to put "Xtrafit" as a keyword in the search box on our website. Xtrafit (if you are not already familiar) is a Gore-Tex technology that bonds the Gore-Tex membrane to the outer shell of the glove for excellent grip feel and liners that won't pull out with your hand. Xtrafit, in nearly all cases, is used on non-insulated gloves.
Dainese, Rukka, Alpinestars, and REV'IT! all have Gore-Tex Xtrafit options, but I will warn you, they are all a premium price point.

One other option is the REV'IT! Summit H2O glove, that is a waterproof glove that is not insulated. The Summit glove uses similar technology to Xtrafit that REV'IT! "borrowed" from Gore in the construction of this glove. The Summit H2O is also much more affordable.

If you have more questions, don't forget our team of Gear Geeks is here to help.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
Thanks Ali - looks like good things come to those who wait. Summer is here and I have ridden in rain every day this week. My REVIT! Dirt gloves dry quickly. Come fall, it looks like the Dianese Veleta will be on my shopping list.
Thanks again Ali, my Dianese Veleta gloves arrived yesterday and I think I'm going to love them. They're more substantial than they look in the pic and they have a strong pre-curved fit that feels good on the grips. I tested them in the low 90's and they were a bit warm but my hands didn't get clammy. I think they will fit perfectly in my glove ensemble between my Dirt and Alaska gloves for the 60 to 80 degree range and for summer rain riding.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 08-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #990
Burninator
Zed's dead

Oddometer: 302
So many items are out of stock in my size!

Rev'it Gear 2 Pants
Dainese Bruce Gore-tex Pants
Rev'it Everest Pants

I hope Revzilla gets some new stuff soon before it begins raining here.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote