User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
ghostryder OP
made it

Oddometer: 5,637
Great experience with Gore Tex

Just wanted to let everyone know about a warranty experience I had with Gore Tex. Had a pair of TCX boots that developed a crack across the front of the boot. Didn't think about it, but then I got caught in a all day rain. Sure enough my foot got wet.
Was wondering if TCX would warranty the boots or give me a hard time about it. They were quite old, anyway a friend said call Gore Tex they guarantee their products. So I sent them an email describing the problem. That same day I received and email asking me to call. Spoke to them on the phone, and they gave me a number, telling me to send them back and they will look at them.
Sent them in on Wednesday. Got a call Monday telling me that they received them, looked at them and told me to go get another set of boots. I asked what kind, and they told me anything as long as they were Gore Tex. So off to the dealer I went. Found a comparable pair of BMW boots, called Gore Tex back gave them the name and boot size they said OK.
A few days later, got a call from a dealership saying that they are handling the warranty claim for Gore Tex and that my NEW boots were on the way. The whole thing was as painless as could be and just goes to show that there are people that stand behind their products. There stuff is a little more expensive, but they stand behind their products and have some of the best customer service that I have ever had to deal with.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b

Oddometer: 584
Thumb

I just forwarded this to a friend that works for them, and I'm sure he'll appreciate it!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
KMACR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Wink Me too

Hi Ghostryder,

This is so cosmic, timing-wise. I'm on a ride now from Oklahoma to do the Trans Labrador Highway with a riding buddy. We're presently riding through Newfoundland and I've just experienced a failure in my BMW Santiago Gore-Tex boots.

We've been riding through alot of rain and yesterday I noticed that my feet were getting squishy inside my boot, more so on the left boot but the right is wet too. It's not coming in from the top, but rather in each case, seems there is a tiny separation where the sole rolls up onto the boot to meet and seal to the upper. Fortunately, it's not cold yet up this way but the fact that my feet are getting soaked is becoming a bit of an issue.

My Santiago's have a few years on them so I'm not sure Gore-Tex would be as friendly to me, but your story of their customer service sounds great. Not much I can do on the road here, but when I return home I may try to follow up with Gore-Tex and see what's "afoot"
KMACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
TigerMarker
Ducati/Triumph

Oddometer: 79
Good to hear. Great story and I feel more comfortable about my huge recent purchase on Gore-Tex products.
'75 Norton Commando 850 (Sold)
'02 Ducati MH900e (Sold)
TigerMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
ghostryder OP
made it

Oddometer: 5,637
Hey Marc, drop them a note and see what they say. I am sure they will be helpful. Like I said they went above and beyond for me, funny enough those are the boots that I chose to replace my TCX's with. Mind filling us in on how old how many miles etc?
Marker, I will not hesitate to buy their products just because of the way they treated me and my concerns. I have no problem paying for something if they stand behind it, and for me they did.
Tiger, tell your friend that they have earned a customer for life. It is rare that you find a company, as big as they are stand behind their product so well. Also EVERYONE was great to deal with and so pleasant. Tell him thank you for me.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote