Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #616
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,672
If I'm not mistaken it took The Hurricane a few attempts to get up "screw u".

It was truly a heroic feet.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #617
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
I walked into the shop today and found 2 tickets,dealer parking and pit passes sitting on my workbench. Fucking gnarly dood.

anotherguy screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 12:34 PM
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #618
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
She won the singles class, but Kawasakis 1-2-3 in the pro main will certainly have the American Harley Association looking to add weight or further restrict those massive 650cc beasts.
Jared Mees is riding a Harley. He finished 2nd.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #619
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 46,180
a word to the wise for Unadilla. post race traffic is bad. early arrival will get you parked closer to the exits. traffic seems to exit much slower southbound than north on Rt 8. if you give it 90 minutes you might save yourself a lot of dead time sitting in the car. if you're bored head for the field on the east side of Rt 8, south of the track where all the amateur racers are encamped and watch all the crazies do burn outs heading south and help egg them on. I think most pit passes aren't good after the races start. I'd also have to think "sneaking in" is easier post race if possible. once things start to thin out you never know who you'll bump into none of those guys leave right away. podium finishers have to stay for a post race press conference in the media tent. if getting out of there early is paramount leave before the end of the last 250 moto. if you're wandering home in some easterly direction Brooks BBQ in Oneonta is pretty good. But getting a seat on a Saturday night at dinner time in August (tourist season for Cooperstown) doesn't look like it's easy, unless you don't mind waiting. they do have take out and picnic tables. it's somewhat of a landmark.
http://www.brooksbbq.com/
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #620
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
traffic seems to exit much slower southbound than north on Rt 8. if you give it 90 minutes you might save yourself a lot of dead time sitting in the car. if you're bored head for the field on the east side of Rt 8, south of the track where all the amateur racers are encamped and watch all the crazies do burn outs heading south and help egg them on.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #621
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Thanks.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #622
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
Washougal is on a dead end road that makes that look like a freeway!?!

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #623
nachtflug OP
infidel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=-1ujBNeGybo
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #624
nachtflug OP
infidel

and just as an additional FYI....in case you've got a Friday to kill. There is amateur racing on Friday and Sunday at the "back track" U2 as they call it which is a pretty decent track. there will be WELL over 500 riders making a weekend out of it and it's pretty surreal watching them race on a Friday when the rest of the world is running the rat race. closest town with hotels is Norwich with a Super 8 and a HoJo but I'd be surprised if you could get a room at this point. Utica is more likely, maybe 50 minutes away. Oneonta might be a hair closer.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #625
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,358
NBC has LL MX racing on in less than an hour!

Good thing because I'm stuck at home this weekend.
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #626
blues
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 963
More Unadilla questions

Haven't been since the early 80's and am thinking of riding down Sat AM. Many fond memories of Unadilla including seeing Roger De Coster race. So...

Is there mc specific parking and does that make easier to get out afterward ( going north )?

If I get there at noon what are the chances of finding a decent spot or is it all 5 deep at that point?

Are there any good go-go bars in Utica? Can't be doing the nostalgia thing part way can we.

TIA

Blues
blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #627
Racer111v
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues View Post
More Unadilla questions

Haven't been since the early 80's and am thinking of riding down Sat AM. Many fond memories of Unadilla including seeing Roger De Coster race. So...

Is there mc specific parking and does that make easier to get out afterward ( going north )?

If I get there at noon what are the chances of finding a decent spot or is it all 5 deep at that point?

Are there any good go-go bars in Utica? Can't be doing the nostalgia thing part way can we.

TIA

Blues

There are specific bike parking on both sides of the road. At noon you will be sitting in traffic or riding down the center or the edge of the road pissing off everyone in a cage. Get up and get there early. They start bikes on the track early. It's the best time to walk around and watch from different places. There are lots of good places to watch from, but not a lot that are close to the bikes. If you want to watch from the fence, by noon you will be out of luck.
Racer111v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #628
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Man Id sure love to see Unadilla before the whole show is over,its a part of the Holy Land,especially for us Geezer types.
Even though Im in CA.

Hannah dug deep there a couple times.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #629
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer111v View Post
There are specific bike parking on both sides of the road. At noon you will be sitting in traffic or riding down the center or the edge of the road pissing off everyone in a cage. Get up and get there early. They start bikes on the track early. It's the best time to walk around and watch from different places. There are lots of good places to watch from, but not a lot that are close to the bikes. If you want to watch from the fence, by noon you will be out of luck.
yes and no. you are correct and it was a point I meant to bring up, people probably don't realize these guys are out riding (some very desperately trying to post a good time) at 8:30 and it's pretty cool to see. he's coming from Burlington which google shows as 225 miles 4.5 hours. thats getting up pretty early. to arrive at noon while you won't be getting a seat in the gravity cavity bleachers you'll still get your moneys worth. the track is pretty good for spectating and lends itself to walking and seeing all the different perspectives.

as far as motorcycle parking, they do have loosely designated bike parking area's which are close to the road and as he's heading north he's got it made.

this is an event that is not to be missed if anyone can possibly make it they should. any pro MX/SX event in 2013 is a chance to seeing some of the fastest riders to ever sling a leg over a bike. you've got RV,RD, Roczen, Tomac, Barcia, Reed, JS7, Canard and on and on. Weather at this point looks good. One of the top 5 tracks on the planet. If I had the choice of getting there at 12 or not going, I'd get there at 12. Wait until the start of the first 450 moto and let the first turn spectating area thin out and then get a ringside seat for the first 250 moto you'll get your money's worth right there. exit stage left and head for skyshot and bring an air horn.

I can't wait...
Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #630
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 637
Man, I sooo wish I was heading up to Unadilla this weekend. I haven't been there since the late 80's and I'd really like to see the ole gal again, but the wife isn't issuing any more race passes this year. I can't complain though, I did go to Muddy Creek, Budds Creek, and Southwick, plus a two week trip to Labrador. So, I've kind of had my way this summer. But next year, it's on the top of my list.... Wait a minute, I think I said that last year.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote