ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Dudes,

As an update, I finally reached an agreement with the seller; I am buying the bike for $10,100, which is a steal. 2012 675R with 1300 miles in perfect condition with full Arrow exhaust, gel seat, and roll-a-click levers... shiiiiiiiit.

Unfortunately, the bidder on my uShip.com auction had his bid expire. I reached out to him, but I am not sure if he's already booked another load. If he has, I am going to need someone else to carry it. Or, I will need to fly out and ride it back. I did some back of the envelope math on the cost to fly and ride and it looks like about $180 for plane, say $70 for one night lodging in a dump along the way, and $80 in gas. Unfortunately I have work commitments that require that I be here Friday through next Friday, otherwise I would be all over that. However, I think I would need to include the cost of a new pair of undies, as I would likely soil them after clutchless upshifts into a wheelie at 100 MPH. Siiiiick.

Let me know if anyone knows someone with a truck who is looking to transport my new sex on two wheels to the DC area (bonus, we're actually in the burbs west of the city).
Boomstick1491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #17
drrider1
just running amuck

Oddometer: 398
  • ill ride it out for gas food and a plane ride back to indy
drrider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #18
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrider1 View Post
  • ill ride it out for gas food and a plane ride back to indy
Actually, I booked the shipper last night. Bike to be delivered on Tuesday. Thanks for the offer.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,837
Great news and congratulations.

Since we're all so involved now, how about some pics once she's home?
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post

Naturally. I'll snap some photos as soon as I get the bike off the truck.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
FYYFFKY
Adventurous

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post

Sorry Mark, I already had my hands all over her so you're gonna have to settle for sloppy seconds...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #22
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

The sexiest beast on two wheels just arrived. I couldn't resist, so I took it out for a spin. Ummm, I don't think bigamy is allowed in Virginia, but I would like to marry this thing, while remaining married to my wife. Absolutely awesome and I cannot wait to get a feel for it in the daylight.

First impressions other than wanting to make sexy time with the carbon fiber tailpipe:

The Good:
1) Absolutely beautiful even when dirty from P.O. and transport. I had never seen a 675R in person, so I was pleased to see that what I had fallen in love with on the internet was what I ended up buying. In short, I didn't get "catfished."

2) Arrow exhaust. One word, EPIC. The exhaust note is just awesome. I could listen to this thing purr at idle and spool up all day long. It almost sounds turbo charged with the amount of whine you get out of these engines. LOVE IT!

3) While the suspension is still set up for the P.O., you can feel that it is absolutely rock solid and firm as hell. There was a lot of slop in the suspension on my Ninjas and this just feels a lot more like a true sport suspension. I hope to get it dialed in for my not-obese-but-not-so-svelt corpus in the immediate future.

4) Everything...

The Not-So-Good:
1) The kickstand seems awkwardly placed and does not allow for me to use my heel as I am used to doing on my other bikes. I feel like I need to kick it with my toe and in so doing, I smash my shin into the foot peg. Ouch.

2) The throttle tube seemed a bit sloppy. It seemed like a lot of rotation was required before I felt engine response. I think the 1050 throttle tube mod should cure this.

3) The lights are about as pathetic as the ones I had on my Ninjas. I was expecting a much better pattern and increased luminosity, but I was disappointed.

4) I don't live in Alaska where there is near 24 hour daylight, so I cannot ride all night long.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR WILLINGNESS TO HELP ME BUY THIS DELICIOUS PIECE OF METAL AND PLASTIC. I WANT TO ESPECIALLY THANK JOSH FOR HIS WILLINGNESS TO DRIVE ACROSS LOUISVILLE TO ASSESS THE OWNER AND THE BIKE IN MY ABSENCE. I DEFINITELY OWE YOU A HUGE SOLID. LET ME KNOW IF/WHEN YOU'RE EVER IN WASHINGTON AND I WILL TAKE YOU OUT FOR BEERS.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #23
FYYFFKY
Adventurous

Man that's awesome!!! Be careful getting her down in the twisties, those tires didn't look to broken in on the shoulders!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFFKY View Post
Man that's awesome!!! Be careful getting her down in the twisties, those tires didn't look to broken in on the shoulders!

Yeah dude, they are definitely not scrubbed in at all. I am definitely going to be very careful. If nothing else, I need to get used to the ergos, which are ultra aggressive. I don't mind yet, but as soon as I hit DC traffic, I am sure I will be singing a different tune.

Thanks again!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
FYYFFKY
Adventurous

If I didn't just get back from 1200+ miles I'd come get that beer!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFFKY View Post
If I didn't just get back from 1200+ miles I'd come get that beer!

When your balloon knot recovers from the 1200 mile beating, you're more than welcome to beers on yours truly.