Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #5701
KTMInduro
Off Road Montster

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Wow! What a beautiful way to go out! Actually if the water was deep enough there's a KLX150 (made for midgets and hobbits!)I rode 2,000 KM it would be kind of fun to bury there!
There was absolutely no warning before this. Total madness.

As you can see the road surface is in pretty good condition. About 15 metres from the drop I'm still riding towards it thinking the road drops down to the river. At about 10 metres I see the edge and brake coming to a stop where you see my bike in the photo.

This was one of those moments.

I agree that its is a very fitting place to bury a "Green Meanie"
KTMInduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #5702
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMInduro View Post
The 2nd visit was to the Posala which is an amazing spectacle. Full on warfare between villages on horseback.

When we went the police ended up firing machine guns into the air in order to prevent two villages getting too carried away and actually killing each other . I can't seem to locate any photos of that trip at the moment.

We just discovered on our latest ride that there's a car ferry from Sape in Sumbawa to Sumba each day at 9 am. Its an 8 hour crossing. Sumba is definitely on my places to ride bucket list.

We need a Sumba RR Ricky............
Any idea what it costs to take a bike on that ferry? And on that note, how long/how much $ to get to Kalimantan? I'd really like to bring my own bike over from Malaysia. The closest Indonesian ferry ride to me is either an hour ride from Melaka to Dumai Sumatra or Johor Baru to Batam island. However, the regs for shipping a Malaysian bike into Indonesia seem to be so fickle and massively expensive some times. I'm thinking to ride Indonesia on my bike it would be less complicated to ship it from Malaysia to Malaysia - the Peninsula to Sarawalk and then cross by land into Kalimantan and then once in Indonesia ship it to where I want to go.
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #5703
big_jim
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpy ahead View Post
Salam kenal kembali mas bro. Di ADV Rider ini tidak ada yang namanya kopdar. Tapi kalau kapan-kapan mau riding bareng atau turing bisa aja janjian. Saya juga penunggang "Penyengat Hitam tahun 2006" dan tergabung di salah satu "Club" di Jakarta. Salam sengat, salam jelajah.

Yang di belakang dan jelek itu motor saya, yang depan ini terlalu keren buat saya.
hahaha .... motor om youk
big_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #5704
big_jim
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normanden View Post
halo semua.. saya norman dari jogja.. salam kenal..

normansyah
yamaha byson - suparto
jogja
HADOOOHHH ... kereeen banget potona
big_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #5705
dZodiaCz
MegaProHOLIC!

Oddometer: 5
Laporaann.. ane dan istri udah pulang dari touring lintas pulau naa..

dengan rute

Jambi - Palembang - Lampung - Cilegon - Serang - Jakarta

alhamdulillah sudah sampe kembali ke Jambi dengan selamat
Report nya sedang ane kerjain, sama bbrp foto ( padahal banyak, sayangnya memory nya salah taroooo T_T )

sekalian titipan nya kak BobPS, Stok pertamax sepanjang perjalanan nggak ada yang bermasalah. saya sempat tanya2 di SPBU yang saya lewatin sekalian isi bensin. kata nya InsyaAllah akan tercukupi sampai habis lebaran.
dan harganya masih sekitaran harga normal. ( 10500 )
dZodiaCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #5706
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Mantaab ... ditunggu reportnya.
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #5707
geniuskidzz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
I was about to start a thread asking for fastest speed ridden in Indonesia.

Is there any place a GS800 would be faster than a KLX250? I just got back from a couple weeks riding in Bali, Sumba, Java and Sumatra... I think 84 KMH was the fastest I hit!

Riding up to Aceh from Medan Sumatra with my Garmin gps 62 I noticed:

1. When stuck behind buses/trucks we were commonly doing 15-20 kmh.

2. The "hot shot" buses passing them settled in around 35 kmh.

3. I felt like I personally was one of the fastest guys on the road... don't remember a bike ever passing me and rarely was I going above 75 kmh.

4. Medan - rarely saw 10 kmh !

5. Bandung - mostly below 20 kmh traffic... they have that toll road to Jakarta I'm guessing would be faster but are we even allowed on it?
Jakarta - Mostly 60-80 km/h in normal traffic, as lows as 15km/h in workdays frenzy ( averaged, actual speed span from 0 to 60 km/h, but really short sprint) Highest speed was 120 km/h. You could ride quite fast in Jakarta when not in workdays frenzy, but you cant maintain it for long ( usually only for 5-10 minutes then u have to stop for something, either traffic light or something crossing the road)
Intercity rides usually about 60-120 km/h, depending the roads. Top speed all the same in java, but in central java you could ride slower with higher average speed ( not much traffic jam)

i'm using 23 hp 4stroker thumper, a bajaj pulsar 220 ( about 19 hp on wheel). That thing drink 1:35 on my average ( in jakarta traffic), weight 160 kg, got 18 liters tank, could take some suspicious fuel from sideroads. The downside was it use lots of electrical gimmics, so i dont really want to bring it on wet offroad.

My ideal bike for jakarta would be a 250-400 cc bikes with 20 litres tanks, thumper or twins (not 4 inlines, you wont use that top end torque) with lots of low to medium torque ( square or overstroke engine). put twin in choices only for less vibration, or thumper with counterbalancer ( pulsar 220 got one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPS View Post
You can read my mind

I was set on F800 GS, I was 100% sure that it's gonna be my next bike.

Then last Firday evening, coming home from the office I parked my bike and I noticed there's something hanging on the rear tire. I took a closer look and it was a nail. It was bent and didn't seem to go too deep. After I have my tire repair kit ready I removed the nail, fortunatelly it didn't puncture the tire.

But I thought I better check the rest of the tire to see if it picked another nail. So I put the bike on a paddock and check the rear tire. Sure enaough there's another nail. This one went all the way in to ther tire and only the head was visible. I removed it and plugged the tire.

This tire only has about 2500 km on it and only about 3 months old, but it already picked 3 nails... two had to be plugged It's my second tire. I had to change the previous tire after it had a second puncture about 3 cm away from a first plugged puncture. I plugged the second puncture but a week later I noticed the area between the two plugged punctures slightly bulged. So I changed the tire.

Five nails in one year.

That's why I have a second thought on F8 and start to think maybe...maybe F7 will suit me better... cause it has tubeless tires. But other part of me also thought, hey just get the F8 and deal with any problem that might happen when it happens
yeah, that unfortunately happens a lot here. You must put extra caution to screws and piped nails ( the one used in umbrellas). Not even car tubeless tires will survive that.

Rule of thumb :
1. avoid any things in road _ dont overrun them, not even those small plastic bags, or rubbers, or trash - just avoid them. Sometimes those things contain nails.
2. Avoid the side of the roads - if possible stay in middle of your lane.
3. Extra caution in jakarta ( if you ride a lots in there). Lots of nail in several main roads ( search for "ranjau paku Jakarta" for the locations - the traffic police and some NGO are inspecting the roads with big magnets every several days, and the always found Kilograms of nail everytimes). If you ride slower ( about 40-60 kmh), tubeless tire usually will survive the smaller one.
geniuskidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #5708
rahardiyan_okky
n00b

Oddometer: 1
hello salam kenal dari saya,,,

okky rahardiyanto,solo,jawa tengah

megapro hitam

rahardiyan_okky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #5709
foxaviz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Baru ketemu thread ini, salam kenal bro & sis, biker Klaten permisi hadir disini. Salam tetot, sehangat knalpot Heehee Stay safe on the road!
.... I get bored going in a straight line.
I see a curve in the road..... I get excited. I might even turn around and go through it again.
Journey Photo Album

foxaviz screwed with this post 09-11-2013 at 01:32 AM
foxaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #5710
kerbiz
n00b

Oddometer: 1
warmest greeting

Hai salam adventure semua, saya dan istri seneng banget explore Indonesia on two wheels, ini beberapa foto waktu ke kiluan kemarin

kerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #5711
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahardiyan_okky View Post
hello salam kenal dari saya,,,
okky rahardiyanto,solo,jawa tengah
Salam kenal juga bung Okky dan bung foxaviz. Solo dan Klaten, tetanggaan nih.
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #5712
foxaviz
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPS View Post
Salam kenal juga bung Okky dan bung foxaviz. Solo dan Klaten, tetanggaan nih.
Salam jempol balik buat bro BobPS, Solo Klaten lumayan jauh sih jaraknya, tapi karena lalin disini lumayan lengang, waktu tempuhnya sama seperti Lb. Bulus - Mayestik kalo lagi padet merayap hehehe.. Btw ada kegiatan apa nih dari ADV Indonesia? Kapan turing bareng lagi nih, ngeliat dokumentasinya jadi gatel pengen jalan
@ bro Okky, salam jempol juga, kalo lagi mengarah ke Jogja, monggo mampir mrene kang
I see a curve in the road..... I get excited. I might even turn around and go through it again.
Journey Photo Album
Old 09-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #5713
foxaviz
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbiz View Post
Hai salam adventure semua, saya dan istri seneng banget explore Indonesia on two wheels, ini beberapa foto waktu ke kiluan kemarin

Salam ADV juga bro, salam kenal. Mantep banget istrinya doyan turing, kalo saya istri gak suka turing, suka kendala kalo mau jalan karena berat ninggalin rumah.. Asal dari mana nih? Kabar˛i kalo ada Ride Report terbarunya
Journey Photo Album
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #5714
foxaviz
Adventurer

Selamat berakhir pekan kawan˛ sedulur seaspal

Journey Photo Album

foxaviz screwed with this post 10-01-2013 at 07:30 AM Reason: editing image URL
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #5715
blek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Sumatera, anyone? Currently on Siantar, planning to visit Padang via Toba Lake with my cute little cub.
Give me a honk or two if you happen to pass me by. :)

Few days ago, I've meet three Honda Tiger Club members from Jakarta when visiting Sabang, Weh Island, Aceh. The 0 KM Monument. Too bad, both of our cameras are run out of battery, and no electricity nearby.

So far, those "Pertamini" gas stations and Becak Motors are the coolest thing I've ever seen.

blek is offline   Reply With Quote