Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #361
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko View Post
Well, it looks like this was it for my reservoir- strangely, because I would've expected the water bladder to go first, but it's the blue part of the reservoir that's losing air. It bubbles quite nicely in several spots once inflated.

In addition, the release from the drinking tube doesn't want to come off easily, sometimes at all, from the reservoir. Annoying as hell when I try to pull it out and comes out with the valve- hence water splashing all over (smartened up after couple accidents and keep it upside down when removing the drinking tube to prevent that). Only once it came out on its own while riding, not a big deal cause it was almost empty.

Will see how the lifetime warranty works, I like the system and would like to keep on using this product.

Ko
Update- within 24hr Bob got back to me and took care of my issue. I have to say it's pretty darn impressive

Ko

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #362
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Hi Geigerrig, glad I discovered this hydration pack here.
I really want to pick up the new Tactical Rigger in Coyote Tan.
Do you know when this will be available and ready to ship?
Also, if I pre order this kit, will I be able to apply the code for ADVmember discount?

Thanks.
Dave.
mint julep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #363
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,284
These guys are the best ...with the best product i have ever purchased

they back there stuff up 100% .....i recomend them every time i get asked .."how come your pack shoots water out like a tap"....i always say i aint no sucker .....so drink your H2o dont be a sucker
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #364
HuskyDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I like mine, but the bite valve is small and restrictive compared others. I haven't found a replacement that will seal against the pressure. Anyone else have this problem, and found a solution?

Nice product, thanks!
HuskyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #365
e010584
Dirt Rider

Oddometer: 15
The Shuttle's Unfulfilled Potential

With the exception of a few shortcomings (bite valve included - go to a Platypus), I too was sold on the Geigerrig's potential and have had dialogue with Bob for potential product improvements. After initially buying a 700 and 1200, I was intrigued by The Shuttle for the versatility of using it as a normal hydration pack, tank bag, tail bag and chest protector installation. Turns out it works out great for all the above if you can find all of the right hardware. After a premature unexpected failure of my first Shuttle in the washing machine, Bob did end up getting me the replacement unit that set me up with the spare hardware needed to support all my installation needs and I'm happy to report this is the hot ticket (with some minor tweaks). I was hoping Geigerrig would be offering a comparable setup by now so that I could set my boy up with a comparable unit, but I suspect they're victims of their own success in other markets.

Anybody else having taste issues with their bladders?
e010584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #366
Sean-0
straya carnt

no taste issues here ... i did wash mine with lemon when i first got it and then rinsed well

i do turn in inside out and wash after use as well
Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #367
HuskyDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Mine has a "new" taste that I expect won't last long. No worse than my platypus when it was new.
HuskyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #368
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,123
Been shopping for a Camelback or something similar the last couple months, but pulled the trigger on a 1200 Rig this evening. Looks like a sweet piece of kit

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #369
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
New Toy

I read some of this thread last night and bought a Rig 1200 this morning!

Best hydration system/backpack on the market, well engineered and priced right to boot. 3L of easily cleaned bladder with quick disconnects, awesome.

My old hydration system/backpacks will be in my next garage sale.
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #370
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,952
Talk about support!

A couple weeks ago, I had one of the shoulder straps on my Citrus colored Geigerrig Rig 500 fail. I sent the company an emailing describing exactly what I saw as the cause and asked if they could help repair it. Within two hours I received an email appologizing for my problem. THE NEXT DAY I recieved via UPS a brand new Rig 500! Talk about service. I don't think it gets any better than that. The newer rig is even better designed the old one. I'm a happy camper.
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #371
e010584
Dirt Rider

Geigerrig Bladder Taste

I've immediately drained mine after every ride or hike and use genuine mountain spring water (from AZ's White Mountains). Didn't have any issues initially, but eventually all four of mine have developed some taste issues that spoil the taste of water over the time of a ride. Oddly enough, the first I noticed on one of them was when I refilled at Phantom Ranch on a Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim day hike and thought it was the water there, but it appears to be a permanent issue even after repeated washes. Still generally pleased with the product and the people even though I truly believe they can do even better.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #372
polson
2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by e010584 View Post
I've immediately drained mine after every ride or hike and use genuine mountain spring water (from AZ's White Mountains). Didn't have any issues initially, but eventually all four of mine have developed some taste issues that spoil the taste of water over the time of a ride. Oddly enough, the first I noticed on one of them was when I refilled at Phantom Ranch on a Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim day hike and thought it was the water there, but it appears to be a permanent issue even after repeated washes. Still generally pleased with the product and the people even though I truly believe they can do even better.
I haven't had any taste issue with mine. However, when I first used it I put some lemon in the water to take out the new plastic taste. I turn my bladder inside out after each use to dry then once dry I turn it back to normal and store it left open to remain dry.
polson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #373
e010584
Dirt Rider

Geigerrig Shuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSQuester View Post
I just found out about this model of the RIG and I really like the idea of mounting it on the bike like a tank bag instead of wearing a rig on my back. Thanks for listing the outer dimensions, but I'm looking for a bit more product info.

I see this Shuttle version has 2 zip pockets, but there isn't much info on how big they are exactly. Can Bob or anyone who may have this model tell me the dry storage volume of these pockets (maybe with pics)? I assume if I cram them full of stuff it may impact how full I can fill the water bladder, but I'd be okay with that if the Shuttle could do double duty as a small tank bag to hold for example a small digicam + sunglasses + wallet + keys + tire pressure gauge + whatever else I can think of...
Don't know if you ever got your answers, but I've mounted my Shuttle on the tank, on the tail and on a roost guard. Not a whole lot of extra storage but it can certainly handle the small things without a problem and a 3L bladder kind of works too. The biggest problem is finding suitable quick release buckles to mount it on the bike. I never could find any compatible ones at any of the hardware or craft stores but ended up with a spare Shuttle after my first one failed miserably in the washing machine (remove the pressure plate), resulting in suitable hardware to mount to the bike. Can send pics if interested.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #374
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Just in! My new Tactical Rigger Coyote Tan.
Looking forward to trying out on a long ride soon.

I entered the free filter code, but they never sent it.
Also Bob has not replied to my emails about that.

Are they on summer vacation?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #375
Sean-0
straya carnt

cant beat the heat in the outback but you sure can cool down a lil with the geigerrig