Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #616
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,961
[QUOTE=Jettn Jim;21832344]Hey Steve just reading my little Sister Esthers Ride Report and had to post this clip up of her using your TrailStand near Laird HotSprings B.C. on her way to AK. Dang almost forgot I'd given it to her last May 2012!
She has been on the road 15months straight and notice her comment about the stand at the end of the 3rd paragraph, just above the pic

Here's a link to the RR if any of ya wanna read along
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post21830290
Peace,
JJ

The wait was over very soon and we all hopped back unto or into our vehicles and left.
I got back to Watson Lake around 11 and stopped at a gas station to fill up. I had good phone reception so my plan was to fill up, go to the grocery store that had a little diner area, and go online for a while. Yeah…….. the best laid plans…… I should know better by now!
As I hopped on Spirit I noticed that both my feet were actually able to touch the ground fully, no tiptoeing! Hmmm?????? Flat tire?? I looked down, sure enough! Another flat.
I could not even get off my bike it was that low, the kickstand wouldn’t work.
There was a guy on a GS parked a few yard in front of me against a building and I hollered HEY!
He looked over and I beckoned him to me. No idea what he was thinking
I explained my predicament and asked him to hold Spirit while I got off, and if he could help me push her into the dirt against the building nearby. He did and I got my little magical stand out of my bag and propped Spirit up so she wouldn’t tip over. (Jim, I don’t think you had any idea I would use this thing as much as I have when you gave it to me did you??)

Hey Jim!
Thanks for the post!..... "magical stand", I like that!

Reading the post it reminds me that the Trail Stand can also be used on a heavily loaded bike that wants to tip over too easily even on the kickstand when parked overnight for instance.

Flat tires can be an adventure too, one I like to get over as quickly as possible!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #617
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #618
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

I've been plugging away filling orders and shipping Trail Stands

I'm sure most of my customers don't monitor this thread but any pic's or stories of the Trail Stand in use are always appreciated!

You never know when the Flat Gremlins will show up

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 07-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #619
Hunter-Douglas
rube

Oddometer: 355
Trail stand for the Sertao

Ordered mine today. Happy to not dump $250 on a center stand! (I need that $$ for beer )

Product-in-use pics on the Sertao to come soon. Cheers!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #620
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,218
Used mine for the first time today. Simple & functional, what else can you ask for.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #621
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter-Douglas View Post
Ordered mine today. Happy to not dump $250 on a center stand! (I need that $$ for beer )

Product-in-use pics on the Sertao to come soon. Cheers!
Thanks Hunter-Douglas! It's on the way!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 07-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #622
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Great Picture Yellow Pig! And that's a great looking 690 with the Rally Raid fairing and tanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Used mine for the first time today. Simple & functional, what else can you ask for.

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #623
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,171
Hey Steve, the care package arrived Saturday. My internet is pretty sketchy up here so i don't know if my email got sent. Thanks for taking care of me. Props to Steve and his trail stand, I wouldn't leave home without it!

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #624
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
Hey Steve, the care package arrived Saturday. My internet is pretty sketchy up here so i don't know if my email got sent. Thanks for taking care of me. Props to Steve and his trail stand, I wouldn't leave home without it!

PMR
Thanks PMR
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 08-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #625
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,127
Steve is the MAN!!!!

I lost part of the trail stand last week and need to use it this week to swap out new tires. Steve was so quick to help, that I'll have fresh knobbies ready to roll tomorrow night.

Not only is the trail stand an essential part of any tool kit, but his customer service and willingness to work with me/you, is a benchmark we all should strive for.

Thanks Steve, you are the man!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #626
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
I lost part of the trail stand last week and need to use it this week to swap out new tires. Steve was so quick to help, that I'll have fresh knobbies ready to roll tomorrow night.

Not only is the trail stand an essential part of any tool kit, but his customer service and willingness to work with me/you, is a benchmark we all should strive for.

Thanks Steve, you are the man!
Thanks! I try to help out my customers when I can, I do appreciate your business!

Just to let folks know, I'm running low, late summer rush has hit and I can cover the orders I have but soon there will be a short wait for the next run of Trail Stands.
Thanks again!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #627
wimj
Wannabee adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Hope I'll never have to use it!

Just ordered one. I'm a little worried about stability but it never rains when you're bringing an umbrella so no worries!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #628
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj View Post
Just ordered one. I'm a little worried about stability but it never rains when you're bringing an umbrella so no worries!
Don't be. It supports my 500 pound dirt bike no problem.

It's more about how and where you locate the stand, not on how rugged or beefy it is.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #629
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 644
FINALLY ordered mine today. I've been watching people use this thing for a long time now, and it works every time. Same as above, I'm saving weight and money on buying this over a centerstand and it should do just the trick. No more laying the bike down to change flats. Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #630
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
FINALLY ordered mine today. I've been watching people use this thing for a long time now, and it works every time. Same as above, I'm saving weight and money on buying this over a centerstand and it should do just the trick. No more laying the bike down to change flats. Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work.
+1

Riding with some friends in MI and we used one (my first time) quite a few times. Worked amazingly well each and every time.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote