Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #4366
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisamberely View Post
Spent some time recently on my suspension. Much more for enduro riding, not dual sporting. Bit of re valving and changed the oil, plus the usual tinkering you do. She came up grand. Took a lot of the nervousness away from the bermed corners. Time too do the rear now.
Mine's got an apt with Shock Treatment in Sydney next week ...

The above, plus new springs front and back I suspect ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #4367
chrisamberely
USMC. (retired).

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
Mine's got an apt with Shock Treatment in Sydney next week ...

The above, plus new springs front and back I suspect ...
Makes a mighty big difference to the Bike. You start to get an idea of the real ability of the bike with a just little work.
I read way back that riding a stock 690 is not unlike a Honda xr650, but way better than the stock bike tho not quite as good as a factory prep'd one. Start doing the suspenders and tires and its better than the factory ones for sure.
Rider I no has put an ohlins shock and re worked sxf forks on one. That rides very nice
chrisamberely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #4368
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisamberely View Post
Makes a mighty big difference to the Bike. You start to get an idea of the real ability of the bike with a just little work.
I read way back that riding a stock 690 is not unlike a Honda xr650, but way better than the stock bike tho not quite as good as a factory prep'd one. Start doing the suspenders and tires and its better than the factory ones for sure.
Rider I no has put an ohlins shock and re worked sxf forks on one. That rides very nice
I'm certainly looking forward to it ...
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #4369
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,894
Decided to remake my Roll Map,

Used a Jaycar Jiffy Box 158 x 95 x 53mm

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=HB6011

Replaced the lid with a piece of clear Perspex.
Used 9.5mm Teak Dowel with coke bottle tops screwed and araldited running in rubber grommets.
Cheap but with a KTM sticker looks the goods I reckon.

http://www.jet-metal.com
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #4370
Big Willy
two dementional

Oddometer: 2,102
Nice Andy

Just found this on Ebay from Online Racing Spares. They are selling a filter screen for the 690 pump but mention that the 2012 pump doesn't need it

PRO FILL AUSTRALIA FUEL PUMP PRE FILTER
KTM:

KTM 350 SXF
KTM 690 EXCR

HUSABERG:
FE 390
FE 450
FE 570
FE and FX
2007-2011 ONLY
THE 2012 MODEL HUSABERG / KTM HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM OF THE HOLE, SO THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE OF BUYING THIS FILTER FOR 2012 BIKES
Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #4371
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,894
Been using the profilter prefilter on my pump since build, changed at 15000km full of grey/black residue, not sure if its from the plastic tank.

Andy

http://www.jet-metal.com
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #4372
travelingaustralian
Globe Trotting

Oddometer: 90
[QUOTE=ktmpunter;21967419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedyflyr View Post
Well thats pretty much the nail in the coffin for Me. I was contemplating the Evo2 Tanks with the full fairing set up but If I have to pay over $600 in taxes,on top of the Kit price, that makes it way too expensive for this little black duck. Spewin!! Looks like its Tanks only for Me.
Creedy.

Mate - spend $5.00 on a phone call to John at Rally Raid and he will gladly alter the invoice to suit and save you money, hes only too happy to help...
Cheers
Catman
Not true Catman,

John is a great guy and will do anything he can to help. One thing he can't do anymore is dodge up the invoice. He has done this in the past and got caught. He had a problem once with an order and it cost him big time. He will not change the invoice for you and you should not expect him to. I understood I might pay import tax its just how it goes. The other thing you could do is ask to have it shipped in separate packages.

Patrick

"Quad Biking in Antarctica"----->http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...886240&page=10
travelingaustralian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #4373
ktmpunter
freefall guru

Oddometer: 72
[QUOTE=travelingaustralian;22002438][QUOTE=ktmpunter;21967419]

Not true Catman,

John is a great guy and will do anything he can to help. One thing he can't do anymore is dodge up the invoice. He has done this in the past and got caught. He had a problem once with an order and it cost him big time. He will not change the invoice for you and you should not expect him to. I understood I might pay import tax its just how it goes. The other thing you could do is ask to have it shipped in separate packages.

Patrick

I must have been before he got caught....El Ponkin & I have had ours built for over 12 months now, but he does make an effort to help in any way. And his service is second to none.
Cheers
Old 08-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #4374
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=ktmpunter;22007315][QUOTE=travelingaustralian;22002438]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmpunter View Post

Not true Catman,

Patrick

I must have been before he got caught....El Ponkin & I have had ours built for over 12 months now, but he does make an effort to help in any way. And his service is second to none.
Cheers
+1 re' service from RR ...

I holed a tank, and they sent a new one out immediately - no charges at all for either the tank or its postage - the new one just turned up in what seemed like a matter of only days ...

I wasn't able to convince them to split the bill or packaging for the original purchase, but you just have to accept that 10% GST is part of the price of the items - in my case it was tanks and a few sundries only, so not all that substantial ...
Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #4375
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,861
As far as I know if packages from the same sender come at the same time to the same person they will be treated as one package and you'll get stung based on there total value.
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #4376
001andrew
Just Add Sand

Oddometer: 73
Rr

I have bought enough stuff from John at RR for my wife to hate me for the next 6 years........
I too asked if we could manipulate the invoice and was told no they wont and cant do it anymore. John said that DHL has all their products weights and dimensions in their system and when you add them to the cart it all gets done in the background and cant be changed. The only way they can do it on special occasions is where I had one fairing panel damaged and they were able to make a claim on DHL and it was sent out again at no cost.
I am 99% sure that the $900 and under limit to overseas purchases also includes the freight component, so be careful, and as they only use DHL and you have two packages sent at the same time "could" be added together and you will pay the duty on both shipments.
I kept all mine in separate shipmments and a week apart, but obviously paid two import duties for the evo2 tanks and the fairing kit.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #4377
mezcal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
Hey guys Im looking at gps units, with all the brands and models out there I am unsure of what to get. I want to see fire trails and record my rides. . and I guess that's about it.
I would ask in the gps forum, but I want to know what works best here in Aus having had issues with regular car gps units not showing a lot of detail.
What units are you guys using
mezcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #4378
mrwocky117
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Garmin 62s

Does everything I need it to, which is only the basic's . I probably only use 20% of it functions. research it and the mapping system you can get for it, I think you'll find it will be enough for your requirements. I'm only just starting to use it to plan trips by down loading a route or track I've made up on the lap top,.
Small, light, reasonable screen size, easy to mount using Ram mounts.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezcal View Post
Hey guys Im looking at gps units, with all the brands and models out there I am unsure of what to get. I want to see fire trails and record my rides. . and I guess that's about it.
I would ask in the gps forum, but I want to know what works best here in Aus having had issues with regular car gps units not showing a lot of detail.
mrwocky117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #4379
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezcal View Post
I just use a Garmin eTrex30 with Garmin Topo maps on an SD card - does everything you need, and tough as ...

The downside is the screen - very small ...

I've seen a few Garmin Montanas, and they look brilliant - again, with Garmin Topo maps - huge screens ...

Some people pooh-pooh Garmin's Base Camp software, but it works great for me - can hook the GPS to the laptop by USB, then have access to the Topo maps - able to use the laptop to plot out routes, then save them to the GPS - doing it this way you can keep everything on the laptop and wipe the GPS after each ride ...
Old 08-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #4380
mezcal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
thanks guys I think I will go garmin with topo maps. the topomaps has sold me, sounds like just what im after. The montana sounds great with 4" screen but a bit too much dollars. think ill go 62s
mezcal is offline   Reply With Quote