ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
robbie c OP
trail addict
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Hereford
Oddometer: 670
limoge area trail riding

Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can help me with some advice.

I'm thinking of taking the dirt bikes down to the limoge/sussac area this summer, there are lots of forest trails in the area and most of it appears to be a national park.

so,

What can legally be ridden in the limoge/sussac area?

Apologies for not asking in the native language but my French isn't that good.

Please reply in French if it suits you.

Many thanks

Rob
__________________
not going to spend my life buying things I don't want with money I don't have to impress people I don't like

the future is orange, the future is warranty claims

bollox, it's another lego bike
robbie c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Timpo
NORTH WALES TRF.
 
Timpo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Downtown Wombatislava, England.
Oddometer: 2,105
Google transaltor may help Robbie:-

Salut,

J'espère que quelqu'un ici peut m'aider avec quelques conseils.

Je pense à prendre les motos jusqu'à la zone de Limoge / Sussac cet été, il ya beaucoup de chemins forestiers dans la région et la plus grande partie semble être un parc national.

ainsi,

Que peut légalement être monté dans la zone limoge / Sussac?

Toutes mes excuses pour ne demandons pas dans la langue maternelle, mais mon français n'est pas très bon.

S'il vous plaît répondre en français si cela vous convient.

Un grand merci

Rob


Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie c View Post
Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can help me with some advice.

I'm thinking of taking the dirt bikes down to the limoge/sussac area this summer, there are lots of forest trails in the area and most of it appears to be a national park.

so,

What can legally be ridden in the limoge/sussac area?

Apologies for not asking in the native language but my French isn't that good.

Please reply in French if it suits you.

Many thanks

Rob
__________________
The Rave Generator......
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Gazz
In a rut
 
Gazz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Stourbridge, UK
Oddometer: 530
Best to send a PM to Magnon who can advise on the national park aspect.
Gazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
Magnon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Magnon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: SW France
Oddometer: 281
Sussac is in the Parc Naturel Régional de Millevaches en Limousin which is not a National Park so there are no more restrictions than anywhere else. Lots of trails to explore but the maps are useless so expect to do a lot of U turns
__________________
Magnon
Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
Rose
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Schriek, Belgium
Oddometer: 151
We went there a couple of years ago.
Really nice area but not easy to find the good trails without any preparation. At least half the trails we turned into were a dead end, or were prohobited due to hunting season at that time (didn't see any other forbidden signs than those, but it has been a few years ago...) Finally we tried to follow some MTB signs, that was great but a bit challenging at times


Not much, but a few pics here (from pic 20 forward)
http://roos.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-e...2251&k=JKmSfvx

And a few of Wilf and Danny the year before:
http://roos.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-e...7777&k=W75WMFB

Don't know if you're camping, but the one on Lac de Vassiviere was really nice:
__________________
Currently: G650XChallenge, G650XCountry, DRZ400E, R100GS
http://roos.smugmug.com/
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
lemovice
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lemovice's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: france
Oddometer: 140
bonjour

j'habite entre Limoges et Sussac, je connais tres bien ce lieu notament le Mont Gargan que recherches-tu exactement!
lemovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
Short'n'Spikey
Back in the saddle!
 
Short'n'Spikey's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Herefordshire
Oddometer: 68
Merci Lemovice - nous avons marché jusqu'à Mont Gargon l'année dernière et j'ai pensé que ce serait amusant sur ​​les motos!


Quote:
Originally Posted by lemovice View Post
bonjour

j'habite entre Limoges et Sussac, je connais tres bien ce lieu notament le Mont Gargan que recherches-tu exactement!
__________________
It's a small world.............unless you've gotta walk home!
Short'n'Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
Short'n'Spikey
Back in the saddle!
 
Short'n'Spikey's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Herefordshire
Oddometer: 68
Hi Rose.
Thank you for the pictures.
We will be based in Sussac and because it will be mid August, only riding early morning before it gets too hot (or in the nice cool shade of the trees if we do stay out later!).

We will be visiting Lac de Vassiviere but we wont be riding whilst there because we will have the children with us and will probably spend the day either on the lake, in the lake, laying down next to the lake ... or in the nearest bar to the lake!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
We went there a couple of years ago.
Really nice area but not easy to find the good trails without any preparation. At least half the trails we turned into were a dead end, or were prohobited due to hunting season at that time (didn't see any other forbidden signs than those, but it has been a few years ago...) Finally we tried to follow some MTB signs, that was great but a bit challenging at times


Not much, but a few pics here (from pic 20 forward)
http://roos.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-e...2251&k=JKmSfvx

And a few of Wilf and Danny the year before:
http://roos.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-e...7777&k=W75WMFB

Don't know if you're camping, but the one on Lac de Vassiviere was really nice:
__________________
It's a small world.............unless you've gotta walk home!
Short'n'Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
Rose
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Schriek, Belgium
Oddometer: 151
Quote:
We will be visiting Lac de Vassiviere but we wont be riding whilst there because we will have the children with us and will probably spend the day either on the lake, in the lake, laying down next to the lake ... or in the nearest bar to the lake!
Sounds good

Oh and if you really can't stand doing nothing all day when you're there, there's a nice walking trail around the lake
__________________
Currently: G650XChallenge, G650XCountry, DRZ400E, R100GS
http://roos.smugmug.com/
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
lemovice
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lemovice's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: france
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short'n'Spikey View Post
Merci Lemovice - nous avons marché jusqu'à Mont Gargon l'année dernière et j'ai pensé que ce serait amusant sur ​​les motos!
tous les chemins sont ouverts à la circulation,il y a beaucoup de moto d'enduro dans le secteur vous serez pas seul
lemovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
robbie c OP
trail addict
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Hereford
Oddometer: 670
Hi,

We have done the walk around the lake

The submarine looked a little out of place

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Sounds good

Oh and if you really can't stand doing nothing all day when you're there, there's a nice walking trail around the lake
__________________
not going to spend my life buying things I don't want with money I don't have to impress people I don't like

the future is orange, the future is warranty claims

bollox, it's another lego bike
robbie c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
ridelimousin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: France
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie c View Post
Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can help me with some advice.

I'm thinking of taking the dirt bikes down to the limoge/sussac area this summer, there are lots of forest trails in the area and most of it appears to be a national park.

so,

What can legally be ridden in the limoge/sussac area?

Apologies for not asking in the native language but my French isn't that good.

Please reply in French if it suits you.

Many thanks

Rob
Hi Robbie,

we are based just half an hour from Limoges and have plenty of circular green laning routes available. You're welcome to pop in for a cuppa and a chat and I can help you out..

Check us out at Ridelimousin-trail riding France

Cheers.
ridelimousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #13
Teabar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Sutton, England
Oddometer: 103
You could also try posting at http://www.bikeclubfrance.com/

There's a load of ex-pat bikers registered and active and I know they are into their dirt bikes.
Teabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014