User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
BOOTLACE OP
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,725
Manx gp!

So who's gunna be there? (From this dodgy bunch..) we already know that Ago, Freddie, and every one in between is coming. As well as current legends racing, McGuiness, Donald, Martin, Anstey, et all.....
It really is gunna be a fantastic two weeks of practice and racing, and the odd bit of partying........
Anyone here going to be thrusting a Guiness in my reluctant hand?

(Ya gotta be there....)
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Yippee, been waiting for you to start this thread! I'll be there 21-31 Aug. Just need to find a couple of fat wallets, and a strap-on liver ;-)
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
Eyore
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Did the TT this year and it was a truly unbelievable experience, so am planning to do the Manx next year. Enjoy yourself and post up some pics.
Eyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
vfxdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
It's all actually a bit of a clusterf*** because the Manx GP is being promoted and run separately to the Classic TT, but the powers that be are hoping everyone will think it is all the same event.

There's even a third event to be taken into account over at Jurby- the VMCC Festival.

I am really interested in going to the Classic TT and think it's a shame that it is not being run at the same time as the MGP, as I can't take that much time off. I would have had a go at getting over for the Classic, but of course the ferries are full. You'd think that the Tourist Board and the Steam Packet Co would grasp the opportunity to grab some of those cross-channel ferries that are sitting doing nothing, but then that would mean they would have plenty of capacity and wouldn't be able to gouge us all as much as they usually manage.

I've spoken to a few people who think it's all going on simultaneously, but the reality is than when they get there, some of it will be over and done with.

Still, there are going to be some great sights and sounds, whichever bit you make it to.
vfxdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
BOOTLACE OP
Bikie Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
Yippee, been waiting for you to start this thread! I'll be there 21-31 Aug. Just need to find a couple of fat wallets, and a strap-on liver ;-)
Hah! Got mine strapped on already..we'll be camped in the paddock, back of the grandstand. Come on down! You'll see the flags flying.....

So lets go!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
BOOTLACE OP
Bikie Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxdog View Post
It's all actually a bit of a clusterf*** because the Manx GP is being promoted and run separately to the Classic TT, but the powers that be are hoping everyone will think it is all the same event.

There's even a third event to be taken into account over at Jurby- the VMCC Festival.

I am really interested in going to the Classic TT and think it's a shame that it is not being run at the same time as the MGP, as I can't take that much time off. I would have had a go at getting over for the Classic, but of course the ferries are full. You'd think that the Tourist Board and the Steam Packet Co would grasp the opportunity to grab some of those cross-channel ferries that are sitting doing nothing, but then that would mean they would have plenty of capacity and wouldn't be able to gouge us all as much as they usually manage.

I've spoken to a few people who think it's all going on simultaneously, but the reality is than when they get there, some of it will be over and done with.

Still, there are going to be some great sights and sounds, whichever bit you make it to.
Sorry mate, I don't understand? So the meet has been restructured, regigged, renamed, and all that.... But it will still be possibly the most amazing two weeks of motorcycling you could ever be a part of....so.....what is it?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
vfxdog
Studly Adventurer

One example- a pal of mine from the US booked flights, hotels etc for the Manx GP period- but it was the Classic TT he really wanted to see. So he arrives on the 27th., and will miss the Classic.

The whole business was so confused the ACU themselves had to publish a clarification of what happens, and when.

But like I say, if you can manage to be where you want to be when you need to be there, it will be wonderful.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
BOOTLACE OP
Bikie Scum.

Quote:
One example- a pal of mine from the US booked flights, hotels etc for the Manx GP period- but it was the Classic TT he really wanted to see. So he arrives on the 27th., and will miss the Classic.

The whole business was so confused the ACU themselves had to publish a clarification of what happens, and when.

But like I say, if you can manage to be where you want to be when you need to be there, it will be wonderful.
Pretty simple really...

http://www.iomfom.com/

I can't see why you would have a problem...?

I'm in Oz, as are a bunch of Competitors, and we've been able to co-ordinate it ?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
vfxdog
Studly Adventurer

Yep- things are way clearer now (3 weeks out) than they were when he booked, apparently a lot of folk were confused.

Even some Kiwis (Ken McIntosh with his very quick Manx, Kevin Grant with his Britten) have even managed to make arrangements to get there at the right time, so it really must have been made a lot more obvious what was going on and when.

Which is going to be the best parade, and what day is it?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

According to the MGP facebook page, competitors are already starting to arrive!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #11
BOOTLACE OP
Bikie Scum.

Quote:
Yep- things are way clearer now (3 weeks out) than they were when he booked, apparently a lot of folk were confused.

Even some Kiwis (Ken McIntosh with his very quick Manx, Kevin Grant with his Britten) have even managed to make arrangements to get there at the right time, so it really must have been made a lot more obvious what was going on and when.

Which is going to be the best parade, and what day is it?
Just being there is gunna be cool!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 2,032
I was over for the Macau GP must be nearly 20 years ago now.

PLEASE, PLEASE take pics mate!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
dmcd
Studly Adventurer

First practice cancelled due to rain. You there yet Bootlace? Roll on Wednesday ;-)
Old 08-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #14
BOOTLACE OP
Bikie Scum.

Leaving Yorkshire this morning, ferry gets in @ 22.00
Old 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Skowinski
Chordate

Oddometer: 4,992
Goodonya Boots, post lots of your fabulous pics!

"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote