User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
skidrow OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
2013 Australasian Safari Rally

My name is Ryan and I am going to race the Australia Safari Rally this September! I have had to wait to post my big news because there has been a lot to sort out for this experience of a lifetime. I am very excited and grateful to have this opportunity and realize not everyone can so I will do my BEST. This has been over a year in the works with the last 6 months a wirlwind of preperation. With a lot of help my bike was taken down to the frame, inspected, rebuilt bottom and top end, then inspected again. It makes you really appreicate racing when all the hard work is done. In addition I have been training phyiscally and mentally to imrpove my cardio and navigation skills. I recently went to Paraump, Nevada in July (hot is an understatement 113 degrees) to train witha really good guy and teacher Jimmy Lewis. During all this preperation the support from my wife, family, and freinds has been amazing and without that support I could not have done it. However, I still need more HELP, so I am selling Skidrow Racing T Shirts. They are $22 each and include shipping. I am using paypal rewally92647@yahoo.com or check just let me know what size and where you want it shipped. I want to also thank Camoron and the Welsh family, Race Tech Suspension, Maineroot Handcrafted Beverages, Leatt, Firehouse 9, Gaerne, Big City AC&Heating, Pascos Pizza Hesperia, Dubya Wheels.

I will be racing my 2011 KTM 530 EXC with my rally moto kit ( thanks chris for a great product). I have been using the F2r Roadbook, RNS multi switch and odometer (thanks Tony for the great customer support), flexx bars, seat concepts suede seat (awsome), zip ty racing footpeg extensions, and feel very comfortable with my set up. I wanted my bike to not only be reliable but comfortable. I have a very extensive spare parts cache, extra complete wheels with bib mousses that has all been loaded and shipped with the bike.

I have a facebook page Skidrow Racing [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skidrow-Racing/267391946740001"]
that i will be posting on while racing (hopefully i can find wifi) and a spot tracker to keep tabs on me. I want to thank the ADV Rider crowd for being a good group of like mined fanatics for motorcycles. Its good to know we are not alone. Everyone here has always been helpful. Take care, ride safe, keep the rubber down, sincerelely, Ryan Wallace
Attached Images

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 09-07-2013 at 02:53 AM
skidrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,750
Have a good one!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
I will take a XXL
send me a PM
Old 08-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 756
HI Mate,

Good luck.

You should post something in the Australian forum as well, in case us Aussies miss this post here.

A few on ADV race/follow the Aus Safari. Could come in handy if you need help during the Safari.

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
skidrow OP
Adventurer

au safari rally

thanks dnrobertson. thats a great idea. i could use all the help i can get.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Good luck skidrow. It's great to see someone living the dream . Keep us posted, or have a contact keep us posted while your there.

Remember, " Fortune favors the prepared".
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
Maineroot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Maine Root on board

Ryan-

You are living the dream! Our support is with you. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

Cheering you on....

P.S- Ryan rode with the Baja Bound team at the Mexican 1000. He has huge heart and drive. We witnessed Ryan literally drive his bike into the ground as his front wheel came unlaced during a stage, coming to a stop on the fork leg tubes. He made it back to camp late and worked all night on the bike, slept ( an hour??) in his gear and made it to the start the next day. I know Ryan will not give up.

Someone has a pic of the wheel somewhere.
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD: Kali Protectives, Hammer Nutrition
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flexx Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Got my T-shirt !!!!
Thanks !!!
Good luck Ryan be safe and watch out for the ant hills !!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
DaveRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
skidrow OP
Adventurer

AU safari rally.

Thank you adv riders for the support and encouragement. I thought i would give you guys an update of what i have been doing while my bike is somewhere out at sea making its way over to Australia. I have bumped up my training and working hard to be in the best shape i can. I am working a lot both at work and with sorting out the return part of this trip. Getting the bike back to the U.S. is another process that is just taking some time but will get resolved hopefully sooner rather than later. My wife is busy with our nine month old daughter and reading up on the travel books. We are getting really excited to travel and said before we had the baby we would not give that up, but would have to do traveling a little different with a baby. Aside from loving to ride i love to travel and I am lucky to say my wife shares those passions too. Its too bad we dont have more time in Australia but we are going to make the most of it!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,452
7 tough days mate - Is an awesome part of the planet you will be riding through - enjoy, stay safe and good luck - will keep an eye out for you
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,142

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,312
Go kick some ass, mate. Watch out for those cattle grids. Im in for a shirt, for sure.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,142
bring a go pro and they will use your footage. They were more than happy to show everyone my footage of hitting trees, and crashing in ditches, and all sorts of humorous mayhem.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #15
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,563
Heya Ryan. I'm heading over to do the non-competitive Oz Safari ADV Tour. I'd be happy to give you a hand with any bike servicing or repairs, provided my own are under control (and you're not entered as a Malle Moto competitor). Do you have a crew? Let us know your race number and I'll track you down.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote