User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
pebmr
Retired Marathoner

Oddometer: 57
Nice Reports

Great reports so far, hope the rain lets up a little for you as you head south. Ride Safe!
pebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #17
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian Waffles View Post
+1
I'm in!

We've got couch space and a garage if you come down through the Willamette Valley. Your PM is welcome when you get here.

Hey BW, I used to live in the Willamette Valley. Silverton, near Drake's crossing.
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #18
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Have you preplanned your route south or are you just winging it?
Mostly winging it. We have a few deadlines of places we need to get to. James has to be back to work in early September and I want to be in Oaxaca for Day of the Dead, but I try to keep it flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
What a great way to present a RR. I'm not usually a fan of video but this is the exception to that rule. Rise on Becktastic Ride on.
Glad you are enjoying it!

Quote:
+1
I'm in!

We've got couch space and a garage if you come down through the Willamette Valley. Your PM is welcome when you get here.
We very likely will! I'll try to give you as much advance notice as possible, still a couple weeks out at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebmr View Post
Great reports so far, hope the rain lets up a little for you as you head south. Ride Safe!
Thanks! I hope so too, but it isn't looking good. We're actually in Willow now and heading to Anchorage tomorrow for a maintenance day, the last couple days have been gorgeous but the forecast is rain rain rain...

Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #19
Yukon Jon
Perma-lurker

Oddometer: 16
Off to a great start

Hey, congrats on the start of what promises to be a pretty grand adventure.
If you need a place to crash, or a hand in the Yukon, drop a PM, I'm on the Tent Space thread.
- Jon
Old 08-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
Belgian Waffles
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 874
Quote:
Hey BW, I used to live in the Willamette Valley. Silverton, near Drake's crossing.
I'm in Corvallis, grew up in Portland. Hopefully Becky will come by Corvallis on her way south!

Current: 1989 Honda Transalp, 2006 Scorpa TY125F trials
Past: 1999 KLR 650, 1990 Tengai 650
Belgian Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
LATJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
This is great! Love the vids...

Save 5 bucks when signing up for SmugMug. Enter coupon code: hgeNbdcSOWAXM
LATJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #22
Padaca14
Someday Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
I lived all my life inSilverton till career moves put me in Corvallis. Final career move now inNorcal. Sure miss the willamette valley, but not the rain. Sorry for the thread hijack. Just cool to see someone from small hometown on here.
Padaca14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #23
Bear Archer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
I'd definitely like to do that someday. I bought my first motorcycle (the klr 650) in mid June of this year and am saving/gearing up for a trip to Alaska next year. I live in east Texas so it'll definitely be a long and fun trip.

Looks like I may have to do it alone. I can't seem to find anyone that I know to do a long trip like that.

Have fun, be safe and please keep us updated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bear Archer screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 07:28 PM
Bear Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #24
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,553
Wow, great videography! Very impressive. Thank you for making the effort to record, edit, and then share.

Are you still in in my hometown "Los Anchorage?" Are you going down to Seward or Homer? Sorry but yeah, looks like the coming days are gonna be a little damp.

When you get up north up to Glennallen I highly recommend turning right and going the 110mi into Valdez and maybe even McCarthy/Kennicott.

Then once up in Tok http://thompsonseaglesclaw.com/ is a great m/c only campground and Fast Eddie's is a really good restaurant with a salad bar.

Lemme know if you have any questions. I live on here.

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.

AKDuc screwed with this post 08-05-2013 at 02:53 AM
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #25
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
Hey Becky

Wow!!!

I haven't talked to you since Overland Expo last year, you were still in the cast as I remember, glad that episode is over, but would suggest some industrial strengthen Aleve just in case.

If your plan is back to AZ before Mexico crossing let us know, Beer & Dinner on me, OK?

Subscriber & following, just stay safe & have a blast doing it , It's great for me to actually know someone that is doing my bucket list ride, so I'll be following w/ interest & admiration for you.

So from the red rocks & rim rocks----straight ahead, don't look back,

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Jon View Post
Hey, congrats on the start of what promises to be a pretty grand adventure.
If you need a place to crash, or a hand in the Yukon, drop a PM, I'm on the Tent Space thread.
- Jon
Thanks! I very likely will. :) Probably last minute haha, our "schedule" is just bouncing around erratically and sending out tent space requests the day of and crossing our fingers...so far it's worked out!

Quote:
I'm in Corvallis, grew up in Portland. Hopefully Becky will come by Corvallis on her way south!
Perhaps! How fast we have to blaze down the West coast area depends on how much time we wander Alaska and Canada...we haven't been making great time so far...but it's too pretty up here to speed through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATJ View Post
This is great! Love the vids...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Archer View Post
I'd definitely like to do that someday. I bought my first motorcycle (the klr 650) in mid June of this year and am saving/gearing up for a trip to Alaska next year. I live in east Texas so it'll definitely be a long and fun trip.

Looks like I may have to do it alone. I can't seem to find anyone that I know to do a long trip like that.

Have fun, be same and please keep us updated.
Just make sure you give yourself a lot of time. If you only have a month or so I would consider shipping one way or buying a bike up here like we did. We only have 45 days and decided to buy up here and ride back one way instead of sacrificing a lot of time to blaze up and back. I'm happy for the decision (even though it's meant some work on making our bikes adventure ready) since this place is so big and so pretty with so much to see. Traveling alone isn't so bad, there's a great freedom in it and there are a lot of other riders around to chat with if you get lonely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
Wow, great videography! Very impressive. Thank you for making the effort to record, edit, and then share.

Are you still in in my hometown "Los Anchorage?" Are you going down to Seward or Homer? Sorry but yeah, looks like the coming days are gonna be a little damp.

When you get up north up to Glennallen I highly recommend turning right and going the 110mi into Valdez and maybe even McCarthy/Kennicott.

Then once up in Tok http://thompsonseaglesclaw.com/ is a great m/c only campground and Fast Eddie's is a really good restaurant with a salad bar.

Lemme know if you have any questions. I live on here.

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.
Haha you're writing our itinerary! The videos are a bit behind real life. We just got back from being rained on in Homer and we're in Glenallen using the free wifi at the Caribou Café right now, about to ride to McCarthy/Kennicott! We're going to skip Valdez, I know it's a shame, but we had to do another maintenance day and deal with some DMV bullsh*t so we had to cut something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Wow!!!

I haven't talked to you since Overland Expo last year, you were still in the cast as I remember, glad that episode is over, but would suggest some industrial strengthen Aleve just in case.

If your plan is back to AZ before Mexico crossing let us know, Beer & Dinner on me, OK?

Subscriber & following, just stay safe & have a blast doing it , It's great for me to actually know someone that is doing my bucket list ride, so I'll be following w/ interest & admiration for you.

So from the red rocks & rim rocks----straight ahead, don't look back,
No plans to head back to AZ again sadly. Gonna ride down to San Diego and swap riding buddies for my roommate Andrea (you met her too right?) and then head down the Baja, ferry over and ride Copper Canyon, then head South for Day of the Dead in Oaxaca (a long time dream of mine)...after that it's rollin' slow wherever the wind takes us.

And heeeerrreee's Episode 5!

Becktastic screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 09:01 PM
Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #27
IRIDE56
Mike

Oddometer: 35
Cool count me in, Slow down and I may see you in Mexico in November
Mike
IRIDE56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIDE56 View Post
Cool count me in, Slow down and I may see you in Mexico in November
Mike
Where in Mexico will you be come November? We're planning to be all the way in Oaxaca by Nov 1st, but we're slowing way down afterward and might be in the Yucatan a while.

And here's Episode 6!

Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Great RR

Let us know when you are getting closer to Guatemala, our guest room will be there for you.

Ride safe !
Old 08-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #30
O'B
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,090
Really good! Will definitely keep up on this one!
O'B is offline   Reply With Quote