Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #76
r_crabb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post
All day at the track, gonna have a pretty tuckered out little kid on your hands at the end of the days at track.
Of that, I'm quite sure. I think we're going to hit the track in the afternoon on Saturday, and try to go the whole day on Sunday. He should last through the motogp race at least, but don't think he'll make it to the e-bike races, which I think are at 5:00 p.m. or so. Kind of a shame, as I'd like to see those.

I called my hotel (the Conrad) yesterday to ask about shuttles. The concierge desk assumed that shuttles would run (the city of Speedway runs them for the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400), but she didn't know for sure. I see that the city has run shuttles from the airport (not downtown) in years past.

I think we'll plan on cabbing it, and change plans if necessary.
r_crabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #77
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,405

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #78
r_crabb
Gnarly Adventurer

Kind of an odd choice for Pedrosa and Bradl to be on the pit pass. I guess Pedrosa makes sense b/c he was last year's winner, but Bradl?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #79
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_crabb View Post
Kind of an odd choice for Pedrosa and Bradl to be on the pit pass. I guess Pedrosa makes sense b/c he was last year's winner, but Bradl?
Two Red Bull helmets?
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #80
r_crabb
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
Two Red Bull helmets?
Ah! Sometimes the answer is right there in front of my nose.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #81
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,093
Not sure this has been mentioned, but get to the vendors on Friday if you're looking for moto-goodies. Always lots of good deals, and the chance to slobber all over gear you probably won't find back home, but things get pretty picked-over by Saturday afternoon.

I live less than 20 minutes north of the track, and I always have a houseful of buddies from the vintage Suzuki forum. Good times.

Motorcycles on Meridian downtown can be some fun people-watching.
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #82
okiegtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post

Nice!
okiegtrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #83
beewill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
Not sure this has been mentioned, but get to the vendors on Friday if you're looking for moto-goodies. Always lots of good deals, and the chance to slobber all over gear you probably won't find back home, but things get pretty picked-over by Saturday afternoon.

I live less than 20 minutes north of the track, and I always have a houseful of buddies from the vintage Suzuki forum. Good times.

Motorcycles on Meridian downtown can be some fun people-watching.
If you are willing to risk missing out due to being out of stock, waiting till after the race on Sunday is where you really can find the good deals. For alot of these guys its the last big set up they will have for the year and rather than pack it up they will make a deal. Case in point, two years ago I picked up a AGV AX-8 helmet they were selling during the weekend at $329, I got on my way out for $175. I also picked up a pair of A-Star gloves listed at $89 for $50.

A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.”
― Oscar Wilde
beewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #84
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,883
Camping

So all I hear is camping at the track is a non-stop party, which is ok as long as you can actually get some sleep, which lot is the best for tent camping and where is the best off track camping somewhat close? I've read in the past about inmates with advrider camping spots but I can't find any of those this year.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #85
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,428
I always camp in lot 2, last year was very quiet thurs and fri nights, sat night was kinda noisy, but nothing a set of earplugs didn't help. It IS nice to be able to walk from your tent right into the speedway and not worry about parking and what to do with all your stuff.
if you camp at the track, try to hook up with us for a fri evening beer, I'll post location when I know where we'll be camping!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #86
beewill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
I always camp in lot 2, last year was very quiet thurs and fri nights, sat night was kinda noisy, but nothing a set of earplugs didn't help. It IS nice to be able to walk from your tent right into the speedway and not worry about parking and what to do with all your stuff.
if you camp at the track, try to hook up with us for a fri evening beer, I'll post location when I know where we'll be camping!
If you want to get away from it all and enjoy some nice woods/forest camping then there are some good options about 1-1/2 hours south of the track in the Yellowwood State Forest and Brown County State Park. Good riding down in the area too. Nashville is a great little town with everything you'd need. I'd be more than happy to give you some direction if that is what you are looking for.

A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company.”
― Oscar Wilde
beewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #87
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 835
Mtb +1

If anyone is into mountain biking, great trails just south of INDY
IMBA top trail in brown County
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #88
BigEasy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
I've read in the past about inmates with advrider camping spots but I can't find any of those this year.
Inmate Graywolf has a chunk of ground on the southwest side of Indy he opens up for camping. I'm pretty sure there's a post in the annual ADV rallies section.

"Play hard and FLOOR IT" Stevie Ray Vaughan

just remember: the only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #89
rjbergen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
So all I hear is camping at the track is a non-stop party, which is ok as long as you can actually get some sleep, which lot is the best for tent camping and where is the best off track camping somewhat close? I've read in the past about inmates with advrider camping spots but I can't find any of those this year.

As bikerfish said, there will be inmates in Lot 2. Myself and frecks also have a tent spot in Lot 2.

This thread has some details about where people are camping. I think it starts on page 2. Seems there's a few inmates in Lot 2.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #90
Klasjm
R100gs

Oddometer: 2,229
Free tickets to the Red Bull Indianapolis GP if you own one of these motorcycles

Free tickets to the Red Bull Indianapolis GP if you own one of these motorcycles

Show it off at Suzuki’s 50th Anniversary Celebration!

If you own a classic Suzuki street or dirt bike, why not help Suzuki celebrate its 50-year Anniversary in America by displaying it in a massive Suzuki History display at this year's Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
The massive display chronicles Suzuki’s history in America through the pages of Cycle World and Motorcyclist magazines, and is guaranteed to be a show-stopper on Suzuki Island.[/COLOR]

Your machinebe it a first-generation GSX-R, Katana, RM or TM, GT750/550 or T500, X6 Hustler, TS125/250 or 400, Trail Hopper, etc. – will be front and center at the display, and will help bring the display's classic magazine images to life.

Your bike will be physically protected, insured and lovingly cared-for during the weekend, and you’ll get a free weekend pass to the Indy MotoGP weekend for your help in telling the Suzuki-in-America story. Display bikes will each have an information placard, with technical details and even the owner’s name.

If you’re interested in this unique opportunity, and we hope you are, please contact Jenelle Tomczak at Jenelle.Tomczak@Bonniercorp.com or call
(760)707-0093.

http://links.bonnieroutdoorgroup.com...kyS0&mt=1&rt=0

Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote