User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
RoundtheIsland OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Greetings from Taiwan

I'm a new ADV member living in Taiwan. Greetings to my fellow riders! Taiwan is awesome for riding, especially the eastern two thirds of the island. If anyone out there is planning to be out this way, feel free to PM me with questions. I operate a tour company (as you can see in my profile) but you don't need to be a customer to get the straight dope on riding on this amazing little island.

Safe riding to all!
RoundtheIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
ERD
Custom Rider

Oddometer: 339
Welcome! Im planning a visit in the next year or so to Taitung and will look you up there!
ERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
hurricanemax
n00b

Oddometer: 6
best time to visit sans typhoon

Hello, I am wondering what is the best time to visit betwen Sept to Dec sans typhoon...
and do you rent scooter out and at what price please.

I am planning to have a motorcycle trip (scooter or options to consider bigger cc m/cycles, price wise) for up to 7days.

There is aminimum of 2 bikers but could be more...in Malaysia we are qualified and licensed to ride motorcycles up to 1800 cc (e.g. Goldwing).

thanks.

joko
hurricanemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
RoundtheIsland OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
visiting Taiwan

Great to know people are interested in our island! Its not reallly appropriate for me to discuss business here so I'll PM you about some of your questions. It used to be that most typhoons came between May and AUgust. We'd get one or 2 in September and very rarely, we'd get typhoons in October or November. The weather seems to be changing though. The past few years we have had big typhoons in September and october and 2 years ago, there were a couple of typhoons as late as december.. If you want to minimize the risk, come to Taiwan in November or later but there is no guarantee. you should be aware that around mid to late november, mountains start to get cold and by early to mid december,snow is possible on the highest roads in Taroko gorge. You need to be prepared for that! At sea level, the south and east will still be between 15 and 25 degrees during the day but night time can get cold.

I hope that helps anyone coming this way.
RoundtheIsland is offline   Reply With Quote