User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Tom Threetoes OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
TV coverage of the Indy GP

I can't find any TV listings for the race. Did I miss something or did Speed or Fox Sports or whoever drop the ball? Normally we watch practice and qualifications at the track and watch the races on TV at home. If they're not on the tube we need to be there Sunday. I have my favorite spots for watching Friday and Saturday but don't have a clue where to watch the race. I've tried to check different ticket packages but they won't load up on my outdated computer and slow dial up connection. Can I get fixed up with a good package at the gate? Any suggestions? Thanks, TT
Tom Threetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Found this on the Fox Sports 1 website:

Quote:
Earlier this year, FOX Sports signed a three-year deal with the MotoGP World Championship, renewing a long-running relationship with the world’s most prestigious motorcycle series. On launch weekend, FOX Sports 1 offers fans LIVE coverage from the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway, one of three U.S. venues on the MotoGP international circuit. Below is the schedule for MotoGP racing on Aug. 18.

• MOTOGP MOTO3 (Indianapolis, 11 a.m. ET, LIVE)
• MOTOGP MOTO2 (Indianapolis, Noon, LIVE)
• MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP (Indianapolis, 2 p.m. ET, LIVE)
Next weekend is the official debut of the new channel. I don't see any program listings. I'm guessing they will show MotoGP qualifying either live or tape delayed and they just haven't posted any program schedules yet. Your best bet is always the MotoGP streaming subscription but if you watch on cable (like me) this is what we have to deal with.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501
FOX SPORTS 1 LAUNCH WEEKEND OFFERS LIVE & ENHANCED COVERAGE of MOTOGP FROM INDIANAPOLIS

Rare Sit-Down Interview With Superstar Valentino Rossi
Highlights In-Show Features

Indianapolis - FOX Sports 1, America's new 24/7 sports network launching Aug. 17, is poised for LIVE and ENHANCED coverage of the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, round 10 of the 18-race MotoGP World Championship, the globe's premier motorcycle racing series.

Starting at 11 a.m. on Aug. 18, the second day of FOX Sports 1's ?Launch Weekend,' all three categories of the MotoGP World Championship take to the 2.62-mile, 16-turn road course situated within America's most historic racing facility - Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Motor sports broadcast veteran Bob Varsha hosts the show from a stage located behind the famous front-stretch pagoda, and the live telecast begins with Moto 3 at 11 a.m. ET, Moto 2 at Noon ET and the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix at 2 p.m. ET.

Calling the race is long-time racing voice Ralph Sheheen, while AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame member and former grand prix motorcycle competitor Scott Russell provides color commentary. Series expert Greg White is patrolling pit road for the latest news and insights.

For more information on FOX Sports 1, please visit: HERE and follow us on Twitter at @FOXSports1 and @FOXSportsPR

"Long-time MotoGP fans will love what we have planned for our first race on FOX Sports 1," said Pete Richards, FOX Sports 1 coordinating producer. "We're also going to spend a lot of time introducing the sport to a new fan base. We hope people get hooked on a sport that's as intense as anything you'll see in racing. These are the most talented, fastest motorcycle racers in the world, going toe-to-toe on the most technologically advanced bikes ever built."

FOX Sports 1 Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix Schedule...

· MotoGP Moto 3 (11 a.m. ET, LIVE)
· MotoGP Moto 2 (NOON, LIVE)
· MotoGP Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix (2 p.m. ET, LIVE)

In addition to calling the race, Varsha and the FOX Sports 1 crew welcome special guests and dignitaries throughout the broadcast. The audience will also be presented segments on the sport's long history, its pure-bred racing bikes, iconic racers and the 2013 season storylines that shape the current landscape.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,948
Wow!
"LIVE & ENHANCED"? They're using Sheheen and Russel, what a sick joke.

And "We're also going to spend a lot of time introducing the sport to a new fan base."
"Varsha and the FOX Sports 1 crew welcome special guests and dignitaries throughout the broadcast. The audience will also be presented segments on the sport's long history"

What that means is less race coverage and more NASCRAP style soap opera garbage.

Can't wait

I will watch and try to keep an open mind but ....

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
slimy
Wanabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Wow!
"LIVE & ENHANCED"? They're using Sheheen and Russel, what a sick joke.

And "We're also going to spend a lot of time introducing the sport to a new fan base."
"Varsha and the FOX Sports 1 crew welcome special guests and dignitaries throughout the broadcast. The audience will also be presented segments on the sport's long history"

What that means is less race coverage and more NASCRAP style soap opera garbage.

Can't wait

I will watch and try to keep an open mind but ....

Ditto. You hit the nail on the head. Speed motorcycle racing coverage stinks.
I am not expecting an improvement with Fox Sports 1.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Tom Threetoes OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Thanks Mike and DogBoy, inspite of the announcers I can still see more of the races on TV than at the track. I hope to see some of you there. I'll be the old fat guy with bad knees and a strw hat.
Tom Threetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
VITIXER
Mmmm, cherry pie!

Oddometer: 140
FYI: FOX coverage

Fox Sports 1 - formerly SPEED
Fox Sports 2 - formerly FUEL.

Don't expect much motorsports on either of the new channels.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Calling the race is long-time racing voice Ralph Sheheen, while AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame member and former grand prix motorcycle competitor Scott Russell provides color commentary. Series expert Greg White is patrolling pit road for the latest news and insights.

"Long-time MotoGP fans will love what we have planned for our first race on FOX Sports 1," said Pete Richards, FOX Sports 1 coordinating producer. "We're also going to spend a lot of time introducing the sport to a new fan base. We hope people get hooked on a sport that's as intense as anything you'll see in racing. These are the most talented, fastest motorcycle racers in the world, going toe-to-toe on the most technologically advanced bikes ever built."
If you ever had any doubts about the value of a Moto GP Video subscription the above quotes should erase them.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,510
any tv coverage will suck, the commentary will suck, trust what is written here, GET THE DAMN MOTOGP SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is NO comparison.
You've been told, no more whining and bitching about lackluster coverage from stick and ball network. get the subscription or shut your pie hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,948
I'm hanging in with Fox Sports, hoping they'll be like Ducati, new owner turn everything around and hit a home run with the rebuilding of the MotoGP coverage!!

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
You're being awfully mean to Ducati fans.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #12
VITIXER
Mmmm, cherry pie!

Oddometer: 140
My DVR guide says MotoGP qualifying, Moto3 and Moto2 races will all be on Fox Sports 2 (FUEL).
Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #13
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,463
Fox sports 1 has no broadcast deal with TWC, Dish, or Directv. Sucks I'm going to have to record from the Head end at work . I have dish and it picked up 3 events on Fuel.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #14
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
I'm hanging in with Fox Sports, hoping they'll be like Ducati, new owner turn everything around and hit a home run with the rebuilding of the MotoGP coverage!!
OR both will be CRAP.........
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #15
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
No listing for me either. Fuck it instead of watching motorcycles I'm going to ride one.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote