Oddometer: 897
Thanks guys!

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #512
lfg929
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
GCMK - I would be interested in some rides in CO.

z@ch - You ever do any of the Ohio DS rides (Hanging Rock 200, ZTR Bootleg, BabyBurr)? If so then we may know some of the same people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
lfg929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #513
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfg929 View Post
GCMK - I would be interested in some rides in CO.

z@ch - You ever do any of the Ohio DS rides (Hanging Rock 200, ZTR Bootleg, BabyBurr)? If so then we may know some of the same people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I did Flint Ridge a few times with guys from the Ohio thread.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #514
lfg929
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I did Flint Ridge last year. It was the last DS ride I was able to do before we moved in early August. Tried getting one last ride in at Perry last year but the storms that hit in June caused them to close it for most of July.

Will monitor this and the North Texas Dirt Rider thread. If anyone is up for a ride then let me know. Bike is ready to go at any time.
Larry
lfg929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #515
pohnjarker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
i just found the "new member" thread so i figure i'll introduce myself here where i'm supposed to...i posted in the tag thread yestday cuz that's all i saw and it looked interesting.

i'm john and im back on a bike after 2.5 years of no riding due to working overseas in Afghan land. i sold my last bike before i left, a 2003 Ducati 999, and i still kick myself that i did. so, i finally picked up a 2012 Honda NC700x since i commute 80 miles to work every day and then back home, i wanted something to help save gas over my cages and be more fun to drive.

i had a vstrom in the past which i traveled to Guatemala on, search my name on here and you can see my trip from 2009. i wanted another vstrom but read such great reviews on this honda and the gas savings are a little better...i thought i'd try it out. if i dont like it as much as the vstrom, i can always make a change. i'll have to make a couple road trips to make that decision though so looking forward to that. i'll be staying in the states this time though!

i havent been on this forum since i did my trip really so i hope to stay for a while.

i love the bike and have been riding it every day since i got it and i'll be adding my first farkle this weekend, a set of barkbuster handguards. i also picked up a pair of warmer gloves, some chain wax, and Stop & Go Tubeless Puncture Pilot.

i work near the airport on 183 so if anyone is ever up for lunch in the irving area, let me know. i dont usually go to lunch until around 2-3 but im always up for getting out of the office and on the bike for a short ride. i do remote desktop support for TSA and it sucks...so a ride always help clear the head.

anyways...i think that's about it.

here's the bike as i picked it up last weekend.

2006 Suzuki GS500F, 2003 Ducati 999, 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000, 2012 Honda NC700x

pohnjarker screwed with this post 03-13-2014 at 09:58 AM
pohnjarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #516
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
i just found the "new member" thread so i figure i'll introduce myself here where i'm supposed to...i posted in the tag thread yestday cuz that's all i saw and it looked interesting.

i'm john and im back on a bike after 2.5 years of no riding due to working overseas in Afghan land. i sold my last bike before i left, a 2003 Ducati 999, and i still kick myself that i did. so, i finally picked up a 2012 Honda NC700x since i commute 80 miles to work every day and then back home, i wanted something to help save gas over my cages and be more fun to drive.

i had a vstrom in the past which i traveled to Guatemala on, search my name on here and you can see my trip from 2009. i wanted another vstrom but read such great reviews on this honda and the gas savings are a little better...i thought i'd try it out. if i dont like it as much as the vstrom, i can always make a change. i'll have to make a couple road trips to make that decision though so looking forward to that. i'll be staying in the states this time though!

i havent been on this forum since i did my trip really so i hope to stay for a while.

i love the bike and have been riding it every day since i got it and i'll be adding my first farkle this weekend, a set of barkbuster handguards. i also picked up a pair of warmer gloves, some chain wax, and Stop & Go Tubeless Puncture Pilot.

i work near the airport on 183 so if anyone is ever up for lunch in the irving area, let me know. i dont usually go to lunch until around 2-3 but im always up for getting out of the office and on the bike for a short ride. i do remote desktop support for TSA and it sucks...so a ride always help clear the head.

anyways...i think that's about it.

here's the bike as i picked it up last weekend.

Welcome, John!
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #517
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,728
SLAP early registration deadline is April 25th.

What does this mean?... T-shirt ordering closes. SLAP Swag for early registrants only.

Registration CLOSES on Friday May 9th.

What does this mean?... The paypal link will be disabled and only "cash for scraps" will be accepted. We need to give final numbers to the catering company. Showing up at the event with cash does not guarantee that we will have enough food. We'll do our best to make sure everyone gets fed though.
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #518
mrsteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Wicked Hey!- from another DFW NC700 rider

Hey John!

I've been lurking for a while here, just moved to the DFW area, and have an NC700 and a KLR.

I work in Euless, so lunch could be do-able.

Haven't started riding to work yet, worried that my California lane splitting instinct will kick in and I'll end up in deep do-do.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post

mrsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #519
shipman
don't sweat minutiae

Oddometer: 200
Ain't nothin' wrong with a little lane-splitting in Dallas traffic when judged to be prudent!
"The secret to happiness is realistic, modest expectations" - Barry Schwartz
shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #520
Kev675
n00b

Oddometer: 4
new guy here

Looks like this thread has been dead for a little bit....

Kevyn here, just getting into the dirt/off road riding side of things and wanted to say hey.

Been riding streetbikes since 2008, logged plenty of miles doing that.
Started riding circuit tracks last year and that is quite the expensive hobbby.... especially when you crash. I love riding the track, actually stopped riding the street for fun as I felt it was much safer and I could concentrate more on my riding. Here lately it has just been expensive and a lot more work than reward.

So now I am ready to check out how much more damage the dirt can do to my wallet while I am having fun. I just picked up a 2013 WR250R and looking to get out and ride dirt roads/trails/whatever.
Kev675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #521
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Hey Kevyn, welcome aboard!

Check out the North Texas Dirt thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849565
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #522
Dragwn
Pavement Slacker

Oddometer: 124
Soooo, anyone up for a meet in the near future? Maybe one of the local Breweries that has a tap room?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #523
shipman
don't sweat minutiae

Oddometer: 200
That sounds like a good idea! I still haven't been out to Cobra Brewing in Lewisville...
"The secret to happiness is realistic, modest expectations" - Barry Schwartz
shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:51 AM   #524
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Friday?
Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #525
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven