ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #46
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 878
"I'm guessing they're from last winter."

No, the sign is current and correct.
what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #47
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Myself and 2 friends are taking off on the 22nd to ride the WABDR with the addition of single track along the way, I'll post the results when we get done. I'd really appreciate some more ideas for North/South single track in Gifford Pinchot and also north of Lake Chelan, I'm not familiar with either of these areas.

We're riding single track friendly bikes, 2004 KTM 250 exc (2 stroke), 2007 KTM 525 and a DRZ 400, so the more single track the better. We are camping out and stopping in towns for gas and some meals. If you are planning to be on WABDR or nearby single track from the 22nd to the 28th maybe we'll see you out there!
gameyogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #48
Rover31
formerly tdfox

Oddometer: 638
Wicked

Devils gulch is open! It has been open all year just MC is closed (stupid, dumb!)

On the FC website...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen...telprdb5414524

The washouts are big and skills are needed esp with a loaded bike.

The DG trail is not the only one going that direction. There are others to ride. Take a look at accessing the Tronson ridge trail it is on the maps. That would actually give you more single track. You would take it to link up with the Red Hill/ Sand Creek trail.
There is a ton no tons of single up there and on the north side of town.
However you will not find most of the single track on any map. There is a couple of good sections on the north side of Cashmere. They are hard to find (when you don't know the start or end) hard to explain and easy to get on the wrong one that takes you to nowhere or the wrong way.
Sooo I'm sure that was a Huge help... not.
T
KTM65SX, KX65
<><
Rover31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #49
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover31 View Post
Devils gulch is open!

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen...telprdb5414524

The washouts are big and skills are needed esp with a loaded bike.
Ummm..... yeah. Skills. Mad skills.
These pics of the Devil's Gulch trail are from the Forest Circus website, and were taken after a heavy storm on July 29. Not sure what part of the trail they are on. Website says the trail is closed to moto traffic.... again.
If you can ride this stuff on a loaded bike, I'll buy you many beers when you reach Cashmere.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #50
Rover31
formerly tdfox

Oddometer: 638
Yeah yeah, mad skillz fer sure!

Again that is why I would recommend the Tronson trail it will give more single track. It does have a few hard sections.
T
KTM65SX, KX65
<><
Rover31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #51
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Not sure where that crazy log jam pic was taken but we did end up riding Devils Gulch on our WABDR ride last summer with no issues. I think Devils Gulch would be doable on a DR650 or maybe even a GS650 as long as you're a good rider and not over loaded with gear. I rode Windy Ridge last fall with a Spanish guy named Miguel on a KTM 690 and he made all of us on our 250's look like noobs

I've pretty much finished mapping a version of the WABDR that is about 40% single track for those who want to do the ride on something like a 450 dual sport
Old 03-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #52
Wilder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
yes!

This sounds awesome! I hope to get my KTM300 street legal this summer and I'd love to do something like this. I'm in the same boat, WABDR has always interested me, but I'd much prefer to do only, or as much single track as possible.

I hope one day some legislation will be passed that might incentivise timber companies to allow dirtbikes to ride and establish singletrack trails on their property (they already do this with mountain bikes) That could open up the possibility of having a single track route between hwy2 and I-90, duvall to skykomish, etc... I know I know, keep dreaming.
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #53
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

There was an area I rode for the past 15 years that ran from Duvall to Monroe that was basically open until this summer when some @$$ H@ts decided to illegally log there, they closed it all down :(
Old 03-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #54
Wilder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameyogi View Post
There was an area I rode for the past 15 years that ran from Duvall to Monroe that was basically open until this summer when some @$$ H@ts decided to illegally log there, they closed it all down :(
I used to ride that area all the time as well. They closed the main gates right after I graduated highschool . Its still possible though if your feeling a little outlaw, hehe

FYI, When the flooding gets really bad they open those gates up.
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #55
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Let me know if you're feeling outlaw some time, I'll join ya
Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #56
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,210
I am interested in this single track WA BDR variant. Let's talk about that some more.
MasterMarine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #57
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Wicked

I've mapped most of it out, but I don't have GPS tracks yet. I just bought a used Garmin Oregon this year for my Idaho T1 trip this summer, I'm still figuring out how to use the thing but I'm thinking I could ride some of the single track sections from south of taneum to north of entiat this summer and get the GPS data, if others from the north and south do the same for GP and areas south and up north above Entiat to the border we could share the data andcombine into one WABDR ST route

volunteers?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #58
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

ill post the mapped version later this week and folks can sign up for a section or share existing GPS data
Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #59
4corners14
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Looking forward to it...

....as it would make the WABDR better for the smaller DS's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameyogi View Post
ill post the mapped version later this week and folks can sign up for a section or share existing GPS data
4corners14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #60
gameyogi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I've attached the route from around the 410 to just north of Cle Elum at Miller Peak, I also have more sections further north of Cashmere that include, Mad River, Devils Backbone and Foggy Dew. I think this is all very doable. Oh, and I have one more section south of highway 12 and Rimrock Lake called Divide Ridge, bit I'd like to get someone else to scout that out and anything else further south.
I cant attach detailed maps here as they are too big, I'll host them on another site and post a link soon
Attached Images