ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Tell us what you'd like...
Öhlins TTx22 front fork kit 4 2.05%
Öhlins TTx44 Mk-II rear shock 10 5.13%
Both of the above 54 27.69%
I'll stick with my WP stuff and spend the money on beer 127 65.13%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #91
Patacca
Pimp my SE italian style

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
We'll only be selling these as a complete kit - both front and rear together.
I would like to have them....front and rear... as already said.

www.raffaellophoto.com

check out my pimped SE @

http://www.myktm.it/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=223
Patacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #92
Rock Junkee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
WP and BEER
Wife rides KTM 05 200 XC-W
2008 Honda Xr 650L
Rock Junkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #93
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 506
I've been humming and hawing over what to do with my 2013 990A's icky 210mm WP's... The obvious cheap route is to have them sprung and live with short travel, but I've already dent a rim and am slowly wearing off the inside of my high front fender due to bottoming out hard all the time. Next options are to send to SPS and have it jacked to 265mm 'S' which is viable and common and known to be a great upgrade. Depending on price comparison (obviously yes, these O's will be more $$$, but substantially better for off road which is what I ride 80% of the time) these are now on my short list to ponder for suspension upgrades.

I'm no Dakar racer so 300-320mm is just too much for my needs. 277mm sounds more reasonable and more manageable for my less-than-pro-skills. If I'm in I'd be in front and rear also as I don't believe in mix-matching suspension parts. I'll keep following for a price line and more details. Cheers!
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #94
PowerCell OP
SE990R

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patacca View Post
I would like to have them....front and rear... as already said.

Patacca, you'll be on the list for the first production run...

PowerCell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #95
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,435
No doubt there has been progress. Where are we up to?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611461
Email. Turtleshell5@icloud.com
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #96
muscly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Im in for front and rear set for my SE. But must se a price frist.

Because 99,999% of the earth,
are not pavement.
muscly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #97
PowerCell OP
SE990R

We're building kits right now. I'll be announcing pricing and talking deposites soon, but when I do I'll be doing it in the Vendors forum and posting a link on here so you can find me.

Regards ~ Ken

Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #98
KnowFear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I see that the Adventure kit will include the hardware to adjust the shock length and travel, but it sounds like there will be no change to valving. Is that right? If so, won't this create an imbalance in terms of the rear being able to keep up with the front in handling gnarly terrain?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #99
PowerCell OP
SE990R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowFear View Post
I see that the Adventure kit will include the hardware to adjust the shock length and travel, but it sounds like there will be no change to valving. Is that right? If so, won't this create an imbalance in terms of the rear being able to keep up with the front in handling gnarly terrain?

There's 2 aspects to suspension performance; hardware and tuning. We provide the best in hardware so your suspension shop can tune it to meet your individual needs. If you ran the factory valving it wonldn't create a huge imbalance, but since the shock has to come apart anyhow, I recommend having your local suspension shop adjust the valving to suit your riding style. You can always do this yourself if you have knowledge and experience with the WP product. You'll need a couple special tools as removing the factory shock body is a bit tricky...

Out back: The variances in KTM Adventure use makes it impossible for me to create a one setup fits all solution. Do you ride solo or with a passenger? In the saddle or on the pegs? Aggressive or passive? Luggage or none? Just let your tuner know how you use your bike and he'll be able to set you up pretty easily. The WP5018 has been around so long that it's no mystery to any competent suspension shop...

Up front: The Öhlins TTx22 MK-II fork cartridge itself is incredibly adjustable and makes tuning a much easier task. I doubt anyone would need to make internal changes from what we deliver it with. Setting oil level, pre-load and adjusting the clickers are all easily managed. I recommend setting the oil at 380cc's, 2mm preload and both C and R adjusters at 12 clicks out. That's a good starting point and the difference from stock will blow your mind!

Regards ~ Ken
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #100
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Oddometer: 293
"S" or "R" as the base?

Quote:
For the forks these would be a cartridge kit. You retain your original legs, but all the internals including the springs would be swapped out. The conversion would be completely reversible should you choose to take the suspension with you to another bike...
Hi Ken,

I thought I'd ask this on the forum rather than by e-mail/PM. If fitting the TTX kit to the forks of an '07 Std (ABS) Adventure will the cartridge kit give 277mm straight away or is there other upgrades to "S" level required also?

Have I outsmarted myself by going straight to your kit rather than via the upgrade to "S" specs?

Cheers,

Michael
Adventcha UnCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #101
PowerCell OP
SE990R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventcha UnCut View Post
Have I outsmarted myself by going straight to your kit rather than via the upgrade to "S" specs?

Nope, you're all good. The Öhlins 277 kit fits all models of Adventures from 2003 - 2013. The only difference is the '03-'06 models will also require a longer front brake line which we have in stock...

We're also working on a version to fit the new 2014 1190R Adventure!

Old 08-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #102
Adventcha UnCut
Wannabe

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Nope, you're all good. The Öhlins 277 kit fits all models of Adventures from 2003 - 2013. The only difference is the '03-'06 models will also require a longer front brake line which we have in stock...

We're also working on a version to fit the new 2014 1190R Adventure!.
That's great news Ken

Makes upgrading a '07-'09 ABS 990 to "S" specs redundant
The news about the 1190R kit might overcome some of that bikes disadvantages over the old LC8 bike/suspension

Cheers,

Michael
Adventcha UnCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #103
mjlang
Man Caves Rule!

Oddometer: 165
I have the prototype 950 A/S suspension. Ken uses my 2006 Adventure S for his mad science. At this point, I have suspension #1 installed and have done some riding on the street only. The seat height about 1/2 inch taller than a tall spec S. Keep in mind that 05 and 06 S models are only 245mm and all others are 265mm suspensions. If you're used to a long suspension S, you most likely won't notice the height change. I started riding the bike with a lot of preload dialed in to the rear shock and the seat height was at 37.5 inches, it felt like a tree house. I can't image a 320mm suspension; you would need a little giant ladder to swing a leg over. I dialed out the preload and I'm down to just over 36".
First impressions... It has a solid feel in the corners and under heavy breaking. Adventures always feel soggy to me. When you grab a handfull of front brake, the suspension collapses but no longer.

More to come later today after I go out to east county and play around.

'06 KTM 950 Adventure S
'07 KTM 450 EXC
mjlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #104
mjlang
Man Caves Rule!

Oddometer: 165
Off road report - I went out to a local riding area this morning and rode about 30 miles off road. Most of it was pretty chewed up dirt roads and some roots, rocks, and high speed jumps.

WOW... I'm really impressed. After taking out the preload, the suspension is very balanced. I found that its much more sensitive to the preload than the stock S suspension. I commented in my last post that I always thought Adventure suspensions were soggy even with .54kg springs. With the Ohlins TTX front and lengthened stock shock, the 950 felt very balanced and more like a dirt bike. I rode with my bud who had some experience on the 950 and we both agreed that when you jump the bike doesn't blow through the stroke and feel like a sack of potatoes when it lands. We weren't jumping far or high, but at a good speed while rocks, ruts with square edges, tree roots were no big deal. Before the suspension would be harsh and blow through the stroke and bottom out and I would hear popping noises in the fairings.

I rarely modify exhaust or motors on my motorcycles but I do spend money on the suspensions. This was a good investment.

'06 KTM 950 Adventure S
'07 KTM 450 EXC
mjlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #105
Patacca
Pimp my SE italian style

Oddometer: 552
I'm always reading these news with a lot of.....

I really hope Ken will provide on kit even for my SE....

www.raffaellophoto.com

check out my pimped SE @

http://www.myktm.it/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=223
Patacca is offline   Reply With Quote