ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #31
matloik
kludge
 
matloik's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: PDX | Hood River
Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
So, went to court today. Talked with the clerck (which was very nice with me. I have that effect on women, except the dykes. that's why I wasn't happy when I got pulled over by one ). They can do whatever they want in THEIR lifes, as long as they leave me alone...

Anyhow, I pleaded not quilty, so I can have the officer meet me in court. So I can ask her the "permission" to take the class. I hope she turns out to be nice, cause if I think about it, she was actually not bad with me on the initial encounter. She could of been a reall pain and screw me over hard

So, thanks Caslaw for the advice, I think I'm on the right path now. I owe u a drink , especially if I get clean out of it

On a side note, this was a good excuse for a ride to town. I usually avoid downton Portland, cause I hate hippies, and the fact that it's a big no no to be driving a car through their utopia society. Everytime I go there and try to park my pickup or my minivan I get my fuse lit. But this time was a great time. Pulled right upfront, birds where singing in the park, the hippies where setting up some occupy somethin, but it didn't bothered me (granted,l only had 2 shots of esspreso in the morning, so I was not OD'ed . Came out of the courthouse to find some hippies pulled right in front with their old SUV. 2 of them where sitting on the roof of the car, which already had some huge bean bag like bags on top. I thought that was funny. Oh yeah, their vehicle was parked crooked, like in protest or just being dumbasses: was taking one of the traffic lanes, so the cops where on the scene! I smiled and jumped on my clydesdale.

I'm gunna have myself a beer now, if you excuse me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
I leave in the burbs.. I go to Portlandia omce in a blue moon. Everytime I feel like I'm about to stab a hobo that's commimg to mr for some cha ge to get his fix. Man, I grew up in a communist country! we tried socialism: IT DOESN'T WORK! And this is not just a slogan, I really brlieve it. Problem is people realize VERY QUICK, that there's no reason to work hard and be honest: everyone is equal. So just be lazzy ( hippie, bum) and u still get same as somebody else that is worki g his ass off!
And those of u guys out there that feel my pain and frustration I'm sure u can chime in....

Don't get me wrong, Portland can, and IS a beautiful city! But is being run by some lazy and Entitlement mentality people! JUST like in communism. WHENEVR I can afford, I will get my 5 acres, don't worry! Ya'll can lick ur behinds, down vaseline alley!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
Yup. Failure to comply with a traffic sign, or somethin like that.
Yeah, man, what's even worse than the dyke cops, the crooked-parking hippies in Utopian Portlandia, the communist bums, the hobos!, and all those lazy-entitlement types ... and those chirping birds, what the fuck is that all about!? ... what's the mostest worse are those effin Romanians who come here and fail to comply with our traffic signs.
__________________
'08 Versys & '08 450 EXC-R / '11 G650GS & '06 KLX250S (wife's)
Portland Area Off Pavement Rides ~ Hood River Rides ~ Vancouver Island Trip
matloik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #32
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik View Post
what's the mostest worse are those effin Romanians who come here and fail to comply with our traffic signs.
Was waiting for that sooner than that...

Funny thing is, I have a really good friend that's hippie. But he has a job, so I'm confused. We're so different, but we're best buddys.

Sorry bout the rant, I will promise to work hard to support ya'll unemployed people!. And make sure you have free ( 2 bucks a ride it's free, in case u bother to pay it...) MAX to all your bars and pot houses. Just keep ur bums in town, don't give them a a free train to come to suburbs.

LETS RIDE, FUCKERS!

Oh, yeah, just in case you didn't get my message: I HATE HIPPIES! I HATE BECAUSE I CARE!

FES screwed with this post 08-14-2013 at 08:44 PM
FES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #33
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer
 
One Fat Roach's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: New Mexico
Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover31 View Post
not just portland...
bazinga!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
This is an adventure, not a field trip!!
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #34
Road Rash
Infamous
 
Road Rash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: The Original OC, in Oregon
Oddometer: 18,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
Was waiting for that sooner than that...

Funny thing is, I have a really good friend that's hippie. But he has a job, so I'm confused. We're so different, but we're best buddys.

Sorry bout the rant, I will promise to work hard to support ya'll unemployed people!. And make sure you have free ( 2 bucks a ride it's free, in case u bother to pay it...) MAX to all your bars and pot houses. Just keep ur bums in town, don't give them a a free train to come to suburbs.

LETS RIDE, FUCKERS!

Oh, yeah, just in case you didn't get my message: I HATE HIPPIES! I HATE BECAUSE I CARE!
Ya'all need to get out and about more in P-town...........there so much more to stereotype then dykes, bums and hippies

Signed: SE Portland White Trash Cracker, now living around Redneck Hicks
__________________
"A man can never have too many motorcycles, like any good craftsman you need the proper tool for the job at hand. A man needs more tools than a hammer, the same goes for bikes." ~Mr. Cob~

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #35
gs'n
odd knob
 
gs'n's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: 77 7's in a row
Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
Signed: SE Portland White Trash Cracker, now living around Redneck Hicks

Hear Hear!



Gritz n' Gravy
__________________
Patton 26020HX air heater (1500 watts)
1992 (fake) Swiss Army multi-tool
2008-2009 2 litre Coke bottle (full)
1969 Tom Jones Live in Las Vegas (lp)
gs'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #36
Ladukebob
lost in hood river
 
Ladukebob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hood River, Or.
Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
You oughta hear the UPS and FedEx drivers "complain" about the "scenery" on a Summer day in Downtown Hood River.

If you don't think 50+ YO ladies can be HOT,
then y'all need to ride downtown HR on a no-wind sunny Summer day.
Yull see.......
50? You need to come down to this end of town, more like 20 somethings wearing not much of anything.
__________________
2011 990 adv
2012 wr250r
You don't know what you don't know
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #37
caslaw
Pig Wrestler
 
caslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 50
Not to mention that I am a hippie.

You might try to contact the officer now. I am not sure that you need permission to take the class - just her agreement to dismiss because you took the class.

Believe it or not, you can call cops and they have voicemail.
caslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #38
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by caslaw View Post
Not to mention that I am a hippie.
.
You too, Brutus?!

Thanks man, the clerk said something along the same line. Just that I need to talk with the officer, they cannot send me to class or dismiss it, without the officer's approval.


I still owe u a beer. or a bowl of humus Name your place.

On another note, had some good ol' times today. Went shooting with friends, took my kids to movies. Then stopped for an amazing sunset at Jackson's Bottom nature park. Luckily \ had my nice camera with me (seems like if I carry it with me for 99 days and leave it home for 1, that's the day that something amazing happens...). Might add some nice shots in here.

Even the day I went to court, I almost pulled the SLR out of my bag to take a pic with them guys on top of the SUV protesting or whatever they were doing. But as I've said. I was having a great time, so I didn't even bother.
FES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
caslaw
Pig Wrestler
 
caslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
You too, Brutus?!

Thanks man, the clerk said something along the same line. Just that I need to talk with the officer, they cannot send me to class or dismiss it, without the officer's approval.


I still owe u a beer. or a bowl of humus Name your place.

On another note, had some good ol' times today. Went shooting with friends, took my kids to movies. Then stopped for an amazing sunset at Jackson's Bottom nature park. Luckily \ had my nice camera with me (seems like if I carry it with me for 99 days and leave it home for 1, that's the day that something amazing happens...). Might add some nice shots in here.

Even the day I went to court, I almost pulled the SLR out of my bag to take a pic with them guys on top of the SUV protesting or whatever they were doing. But as I've said. I was having a great time, so I didn't even bother.
That's OK man. I'm sure you don't ACTUALLY have your old shot-up pickup truck on cinder blocks on your front lawn.
caslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #40
ThatGuy
Brownie
 
ThatGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
Hurtin em. Stupid move for sure. I was less than half serious about running from them. Too lazy. But I try to stay under the radar and not act like a donkey and even give em a reason to look at me.

If more people did this, there wouldn't be threads like this...
__________________
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #41
Ladukebob
lost in hood river
 
Ladukebob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Hood River, Or.
Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
l.

I still owe u a bowl of humus
You know how I know you're a hippy
__________________
2011 990 adv
2012 wr250r
You don't know what you don't know
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #42
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Drinking from the Stanley Cup!
Oddometer: 10,592
Dumb bass...
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #43
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 117
C'mon Ray.

You know me: Gotta do what I can with what I've got

Where have you been lately? No riding, no coffee? I'm stuck at home with kids for most of the times. Can't wait for school to start....
FES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Drinking from the Stanley Cup!
Oddometer: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
C'mon Ray.

You know me: Gotta do what I can with what I've got

Where have you been lately? No riding, no coffee? I'm stuck at home with kids for most of the times. Can't wait for school to start....
Just got back from an 18 day 1731 mile adventure ride. 8 camps in 2 states.
I stopped for all the stop signs
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #45
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Just got back from an 18 day 1731 mile adventure ride. 8 camps in 2 states.
I stopped for all the stop signs

YOu SON of a GUN! That's why you won't answer me....Where's the thread?! No thread= it didn't happened

Wait, maybe you have one, lemme dig...Me and my big mouth
FES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014