ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,346
New BMW Service Shop in Western WA

Surprised but happy to find out that Alex Guth has opened up a new shop for BMW's. If you don't know him already, Alex used to be the Service Manager at South Sound BMW. Really good guy and knows a shitload about GS's. He's one of those "been there, done that" kind of guys when it comes to GS's. I use SSBMW for my 1150GSA (WUMPA) and always asked for Alex do the work. As Service Manager, he was usually too busy, but when he could--he would. I'm not much of a wrench (well . . . compared to some of you guys) and so I really appreciated how Alex explained stuff for me.

No affiliation, but wanted to give him a shout out. I only found out about this because I ran into him at a restaurant here and he told me the news.

This is him--

(stole this off his website)

His website is alyxmoto.com.

The shop is located about 15 minutes from the Maple Valley exit on Rt. 18. Kinda out in the boonies, but if yer bike's outside the warranty period, who wants to pay dealer prices?

I'm gonna post this in the PNW Vendor's thread too.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Eastview
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Alex is the man.......If you want the job done right every time he can make it happen. I have had great service at SSBMW and I believe he was behind most of it. Good luck in your new shop ALEX!!!!
2006 BMW K1200S (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098S Tricolore(sold)Replaced with 2002 Foggy Monster
Eastview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
New spot for Bimmers on the Peninsula

It's good to see a re-emergence of indepenent BMW shops. The corporate mentality of Bavaria doesn't always translate well here.

Port Townsend Honda (360 385-6632) and Marine has a new owner and mechanic. Travis Lopeman, the longtime mechanic there, has purchased the business and added Jeremy, an experienced BMW mechanic. We may be at the end of the road but the light of civilization is beginning to dawn! Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
GrizzLee
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 478
Cool. Just sent Alex a note. I live on the Eastside and while I love SSBMW and Ride West, I hate the traffic, distances and tolls. Always wished for a BMW dealership in Issaquah. I've met Alex a few times in doing my major GS service down there. Good guy.

Looks like Alex will provide me a nice relaxing country ride to meet my service needs.
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Just bumping Alex back to page one, just want to see the guy do well he's a great tech.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Pokey66C23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Great news!

Thanks for the heads up on Alex's venture. I just sent him an note and am looking forward to supporting a new maintenance option for my 1150. Maybe I'll be able to talk him into turning wrenches on a KTM or two!
Pokey66C23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Won't take much he is alread working on one, I think he has the cable for the computers for diagnosits and reseting the service I know he does for the BMW's.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
Nickywind
CurbJumper

Oddometer: 67
LOVE the service!

I had my bike serviced by SSBMW for several years and always went through Alex for the work - I trusted him completely, and he never let me down. It's nice to work with someone who truly cares, and Alex is just that - he's passionate about motorcycles, and passionate about the work he does. My husband and I have already brought one bike to him, and he'll have our business as long as our wheels are turning (if they're not I'm sure he can fix that too though).
Congrats Alex!
BMW G650GS Sertao
Nickywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
DRONE OP
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,346
Had a chance to take my GS hack to see Alex at his new shop. Very relaxed setting--

Old 06-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #10
Muncle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
My two cents worth

Thanks to Drone for the information. I had Alex do a service on my recent purchased 2010 GSA yesterday.
Very happy with the experience, high tech skills and the price was fair. Being new to the BMWs Alex was very helpful.
The bike runs better than before and I have a better appreciation for the machine.
Muncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #11
GrizzLee
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle View Post

Very happy with the experience, high tech skills and the price was fair. Being new to the BMWs Alex was very helpful.
The bike runs better than before and I have a better appreciation for the machine.
Same here.

Alyx got my sons F650 Dakar and my R1200 GSA ready for our Alaska trip in 2 weeks. He fixed things the dealer didn't fix. He gave great advice as well. He has a passion for the bikes and it shows.

Btw: Getting to his shop is a nice ride for me as. I can take country roads from my house to get there. No toll bridges or long rides to the south for me as long as Alyx is available.
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
whitham_wannabe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 936
Just got my sidecar back from Alyx, after a replacement driveshaft and general service. Very happy with the service, price and experience!

Travels With Bruce : More Travels With Bruce
whitham_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
gordojordo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Awesome guy!

I called Alyx about some overland maintenance on my F650gs and he had me in his shop within just a couple days.

I was very pleased with his service, efficiency and cost. He is a super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable and, best of all, honest. I highly recommend him for anybody looking to have their BMW serviced.

Cheers,
Jordan
gordojordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
rjap
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Happy customer

+1 to all the above.

I had Alyxmoto order and install a new Ohlins suspension for my R1200R and was very happy with the service.
rjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
Travism
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
I was fortunate enough to meet Alex at the AltRider Hoh event this weekend where he donated a great deal of his time giving out free service, setup and advice for participants. He's an upstanding fellow!
Travism is offline   Reply With Quote