Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,993
Cervantes to Perth!

as I have talked about often, the signs for wildlife crossing the road are everywhere. Crazy Emu's.... Watch out

Now just 200 KM north of Perth with one place to go have a look as I ride the Indian Ocean Road. That is Nambung National Park and the desert with the Pinnacles. It is amazing place with sandstone "pinnacles" in this sandy desert area. There is a 4 KM loop of packed sand through the park and a good interpretive center.

What no Jump. No.... Just did not feel like it today. But the Pinnacles were very cool.

Riding south.... Signs with more animals to watch out for

along down the road as some little towns on the water. The sand is white and the waters blue and Turquois. Stunning

Continuing off down the hwy to Perth. Wow feels really great to have ridden across this amazing land and arrive at the point where I will be shipping out of!! After many weeks of little or no traffic, you get to the outside of Perth and there are people, cars, houses and buildings. Strange but really great!

Oh and more speed camera's in use

Arrived at Perth, and decided to to change out my worn out tyros. Stopped at Bike Doctor on the way into town and got straight in. Bit of a bummer as it was just raining a little and the guy said, just wheel your bike inside here to be out the rain. As I rolled my bike into the place my wide bags just clipped the taillight of an older Yamaha and shattered the tail light Really felt bad as they told me the guy had been rebuilding it for 6 years and they called around and the part is no longer available. Yikes.. Feel really bad. They charged me $100 and hope the bloke can find a new lens.

I pulled my wheels off and they fitted new gyres for me.

Then I arrived at RobBD's house in Perth area. He has been great as he contacted me very early in Australia and I was able to ship a bit if gear and straps etc to his house instead of carry it. Was great to finally meet Rob and Di! once again I have met some fabulous people who have generously hosted me!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430

Radioman screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 05:05 PM
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote