Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #3421
the-oz-slider
The Oz Slider

Oddometer: 42
How to pay

This is the second time Ive postedthis enquiry/comment....maybe Im doing it wrong, but the question was that when I went to pay for two units yeaterday, PAYPAL would not complete my transaction....Is there a magic secret code I must know? How to I get on "The List"....
maybe the seller can PM me so I can pay and get on the list of waitees.....
The Oz Slider.....

Oh and Im not putting two units on the one bike expected double the results, I was buying one for my sons R1100S as well......
Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #3422
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-oz-slider View Post
This is the second time Ive posted this enquiry/comment....maybe Im doing it wrong, but the question was that when I went to pay for two units yeaterday, PAYPAL would not complete my transaction....Is there a magic secret code I must know? How to I get on "The List"....
maybe the seller can PM me so I can pay and get on the list of waitees.....
The Oz Slider.....

Oh and Im not putting two units on the one bike expected double the results, I was buying one for my sons R1100S as well......
Oz, I've had the same problem. Apparently if Paypal decides it doesn't like your credit card, it just won't accept it, and there's no workaround. I ended up paying more and getting the Booster Plug; just got it yesterday.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #3423
Tuttdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Just ordered one, no problems here
Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #3424
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botch View Post

Oz, I've had the same problem. Apparently if Paypal decides it doesn't like your credit card, it just won't accept it
Sorry you botch-ed it, Botch.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 08-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #3425
TommyHolly
Teaparty member

Oddometer: 215
I ordered mine on July 30th. Is there a chance I might get this before winter so I can test it out? I know you have lots of these on backorder.
Thanks!

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Old 08-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #3426
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-oz-slider View Post

[ADVer from CANADA]
This is the second time Ive posted this enquiry/comment....maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the question was that when I went to pay for two units yesterday, Paypal would not complete my transaction.
Sorry about that, Slider. I turned off the 'Economy INTERNATIONAL First Class' shipping for the moment. As of July 28th, USPS has added a tracking feature for 16 destination countries and I'm working on setting it up.

I sent you a PM.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 04:08 PM
Old 08-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #3427
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToPointsUnknown View Post

Got it yesterday, installed it yesterday.

My initial impression is that it's a subtle, amazing little gadget. I've only been able to go on a couple quick rides so far (I'll make up for it this weekend) but I definitely notice a different feeling in the bike. Off the line it feels like a totally different bike! I might have my fiancée change the setting (without me watching) to see if its just a placebo affect but right now it feels like the best addition I've put on my gs.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluByU View Post

OH happy days

Got a package in the mail yesterday, installed today (GS911 indicates a LOWER temp-20c)

Let's see what the ride to work tomorrow is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloDon View Post

Got it! Installed it! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeMoon View Post

I've had mine through some hot Australian days, and now in the cold (-6C)... (not so cold for some of you folk) and that GS1100 has become a total beast.

Worth the wait. Smoothed out many hesitation issues down low, and delivers throttle response immediately. Thanks Poolside, CM.
You all are very welcome. Thanks for the reviews, folks.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #3428
Botch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242

Botch screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 05:09 AM
Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #3429
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Thanks everyone, for your recent orders!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #3430
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
Looking forward to mine .
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Old 08-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #3431
BluByU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
THis little thing makes a big difference, she seems to be a lot smoother and just runs better

Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #3432
BMWzenrider
The Road Scholar

Oddometer: 1,085
{clipped}
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post
I have a few questions that are probably simple but I missed on the volumes of data on the other links:
1. How much does this affect gas mileage?
{clipped}

I have been keeping a spreadsheet of fuel usage for my bikes, and may be able to answer your first query.

I have the IICE-Air units installed on both of my bikes; a 2002 R1150R with bags and BMW Touring Shield, and a 2005 R1200RT with a Hannigan sidecar attached.

Below is a graph showing the fuel economy figures for the R1150R before and after installing the IICE-Air.
Before installing the unit I had to run Premium grade fuel (93 octane) to control pinging if accelerating hard/suddenly; and it still did it on occasion even on Premium.
I did notice a slight decrease in fuel economy in mixed city/highway riding with the plug installed, but also found that I could run one gear higher at any given speed, so I gave Regular grade fuel a try again.

Running on Regular grade fuel (87 octane) I find that the bike still runs about the same as on Premium with the plug installed, including being less prone to pinging under hard acceleration.
As a bonus, the bike gets around 10% better fuel economy on Regular with the plug vs. running Premium before the plug was installed!

Drivability improvements and being able to run in lower gears is similar for both the solo and sidecar bike, but I have not been able to discern any solid pattern in the fuel economy with the sidecar rig because of the much wider variations in fuel use depending upon speed, loading, different size rear tire during winter/summer, etc., and not having put as many miles on the rig since getting the IICE-Air units.

One HUGE difference I have found with the IICE-Air installed in the sidecar rig is when taking off from a stop. Because of the extra weight of the sidecar I used to have to give it a fairly large amount of throttle/rpms and feather the clutch quite a bit to get things rolling.
With the IICE-Air installed take-offs take significantly less throttle and feathering. Nearly as easy as on the 1150R solo bike. Makes riding the rig in city traffic MUCH easier.
For me, that was worth the price all by itself.
2002 BMW R1150RA
In Memoriam: Harley, 1993-2010 You will be missed.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #3433
1Gopokes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
ice aire

I am looking forward to getting one

We ran up to N Wyo and back 2 weeks ago. The going up was fine coming back it was hot and the 1150 Gs ran like crap
Old 08-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #3434
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,680
Money sent via paypal. Looking forward to installing my unit.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #3435
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey folks, THANKS for all your recent orders!

I'll be at the workbench this evening, and Friday, and over the weekend.

Closed Thread