Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #601
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoctor1 View Post
if you like the grips .try the bar end covers . really makes the bike more comfortable
cardoctor1-

That's great that you have had a chance to try them out and you like the Bar-end Buddies. Reminds me it's high time I took that product from the experimental phase to the marketplace. Really glad you like them.

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #602
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Awesome customer service by Dave once again....
Leslie-

Sorry about the late response. . . . . . . . . . . . Thanks very much for the "atta boy". . . . . .preciate it.

Best, and Ride safely.

Dave R.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #603
Prodaddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Beemer Buddies

Just put mine on this morning after doing a complete GS-911 Throttle Body synch. and as soon as the rain breaks going to give it a thorough test. So far so good, went on much as in the video, feel good to the touch...
Prodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #604
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodaddy View Post
Just put mine on this morning after doing a complete GS-911 Throttle Body synch. and as soon as the rain breaks going to give it a thorough test. So far so good, went on much as in the video, feel good to the touch...
Prodaddy-

Glad you had no problem putting them on. Be sure to get back to us and tell us how you like them.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #605
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Just checking in to say that I now have over 23k miles on my originals. They are a bit worn but still working great. If they ever wear out, I'll be getting another set.
1975 BMW R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #606
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trc.rhubarb View Post
Just checking in to say that I now have over 23k miles on my originals. They are a bit worn but still working great. If they ever wear out, I'll be getting another set.
trc.rhubarb-

I am very impressed at the mileage and time you've gotten out of your OGB's. I am doubly impressed if they are truly the original model, before we upgraded the formula to make them more durable (SUPER SHARKSKINS)?

Please advise if this is so, so we can put you into our record books as holding the longest mileage record for the original model. The current mileage holder is 17,569 miles on the originals, which (up till now) we thought was great mileage! We met that rider at the Fingerlakes BMW Rally last year, and we were super impressed with his mileage at that time, especially in terms of how it stacks up against the other consumable rubber product on our bikes: our tires. Compare that with the average of 6-8 K miles most of us have come to expect out of our tires. . . . . . . . . if we're lucky!!!

Thanks for speaking up, and looking forward anxiously to hearing your response!

Best,

Dave R.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #607
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
For sure, the original models.

They don't look as pretty as they did when they were new but not worn so much that I'm ready to replace and they still work just as well as when new.

Throttle side:

Clutch side:
1975 BMW R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #608
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

trc.rhubarb-

WOW!!

23,000 miles on our original model! You are officially now the record holder, for sure. Please advise of your current actual mileage, for my records.

Congratulations!!

Please let me know when you are ready for another set. I may have a surprise for you.

Best,

Dave R.
Company Founder

Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #609
Alexm1
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Beemer Buddies handgrip covers group buy for BMW bikes (from Cure for Skinny ...

Bought a set this week, be aware that the advertised discount does not work, full price only. The difference in price is not significant but is disappointing.
Alex.

Alexm1 screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 03:53 AM
Alexm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #610
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm1 View Post
Bought a set this week, be aware that the advertised discount does not work, full price only. The difference in price is not significant but is disappointing.
Alex.
Alexm1-

I see that you are new to the forum, and that this is your first post to ADVrider. Welcome to the forum! As a longtime 5-star poster on this forum, I wanted to offer a little advice: you should always go back and read the entire thread so that you don't embarrass yourself.

I am very happy to have you as a new OGB,LLC customer, and I think you will be very happy that you installed your new Original Grip Buddies. If you had read this thread in its entirety before posting, you would have discovered that while we ran a sale on our grips 2 years ago when we started the thread, that sale expired a year ago this spring. We did run a sale this spring for a short time on the original model, but that has been over for 6 months or so. As you may not know, the OP cannot easily go back and re-title the thread a couple years later.

I do not think it is appropriate for a noob like yourself to make accusations based on inaccurate information. If you go back and actually read up on me both here and on other forums, you will see that my reputation and customer service is second to none.

I am committed to responding to the needs of my customers 24/7/365, but this comment of yours is both inaccurate and inappropriate. Also, we have not increased the price on our grips in 3 years, even though the margin on my grips is not great (try paying these trademarking and patenting bills), I have remained committed to keeping the price low, so many can afford to use this product.

Again, welcome to ADVrider. This being one of the largest (if not the largest) forum for motorcyclists, we all need to step our game up to move in such professional company. You are not exempt from this.

Best regards,

Dave R.
Company Founder
OGB,LLC

adkjack screwed with this post 09-09-2013 at 10:45 AM
Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #611
Alexm1
n00b

Beemer Buddies handgrip covers group buy for BMW bikes (from Cure for Skinny ...

Dave, thanks for replying, I do appreciate it. I did make a comment on my order in the special instructions to the effect that the discount code did not work: it would have been appropriate to respond at that time directly to me pointing out my error.
Note also that I made no accusation, I stated the fact that the discount did not work, isn't that accurate?
I am happy with your product and as I did say the price difference is insignificant.

Alexm1 screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 04:31 AM
Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #612
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Dave, thanks for replying, I do appreciate it. I did make a comment on my order in the special instructions to the effect that the discount code did not work: it would have been appropriate to respond at that time directly to me pointing out my error.
Note also that I made no accusation, I stated the fact that the discount did not work, isn't that accurate?
I am happy with your product and as I did say the price difference is insignificant.
Alexm1-

Thanks for your input and suggestions. Since we had an announcement that the group buy had been put on vacation at the very beginning of the thread, we thought we had communicated the sale status adequately. Also, we thought we had responded to your note on your order in our note to you, but we apologize if you did not get our response. Although other posters with questions like this have elected to email us for clarification instead of publicly posting, we agree with you that further clarification was necessary, so we edited the beginning of the thread to eliminate any thought that our grips were on sale. As mentioned above, most of our customers realize that our everyday price of $24.95 with FREE SHIPPING is very reasonable, considering what they feel their new OGB's do for them. I appreciate that you like the product, and that you said the price difference is insignificant.

Since my main purpose is to have satisfied customers, I am very grateful to have your continued business.

Thanks again for your input!

Best,

Dave R.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #613
Alexm1
n00b

Dave, thanks again for your response.
I did not get your response to the comment on my order nor did I get FREE SHIPPING, I paid $6 for shipping. It would seem you know less about my order than you claim?
Old 09-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #614
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Dave, thanks again for your response.
I did not get your response to the comment on my order nor did I get FREE SHIPPING, I paid $6 for shipping. It would seem you know less about my order than you claim?
Alexm1-

While we have probably both put more into this issue (that you consider "insignificant") than it deserved, I am going to give it one more try before I move on and re-dedicate myself to serving my customers with substantive issues. Also, as I am sure you know, our ordering system uses folks actual names, not forum nicknames. This is just one of the reasons I can respond more effectively to the concerns of my customers in an email, rather than your public posting method. Also, if you don't want to be labeled a "Troll", you should endeavor to stop making inflammatory statements like "It would seem you know less about my order than you claim?"

I do remember responding to your note in your order, and you did get free shipping on your order. The part that was free was as your grips traveled to the US border on their way to your international destination. Yes, my free shipping is CONUS. That information was also in the thread.

You do bring up a very important point though, Alexm1: I need to increase my international shipping charges, Since last February when the USPS bumped up the fees, I have not increased my international shipping charges. In some cases, the additional fees are an additional $8-10, while I am only charging $6. I want to personally thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I will address that discrepancy right away. It is important to note here that I do not charge any handling (in addition to shipping) or try to make a profit on shipping, unlike many internet shippers.

Again, thanks for showing me where I was undercharging for international shipping, welcome to the forum, watch the inflammatory statements, and thanks for your business.

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack screwed with this post 09-14-2013 at 08:02 AM
Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #615
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Our Rally/Show Schedule

Just thought we'd say thanks to the folks from the forum who came by to say hi at the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham Alabama recently. We had an awesome time!

In another 6 weeks (December 13th to the 15th) we will be at the Javits Center in New York City for the Progressive Motorcycle Show. We will also be in Washington DC and Chicago for those shows in January and February 2014, so be sure to come by and say hi to us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the shows!

Best,

Dave R.