Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Jbone11 11 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Top Ifve mods/add-ons for 990 ADV?

After I picked up the 990 a few weeks ago I was in touch with buddy of mine in Vancouver who has a '06 ('07?? can't remeber) and asked him what he thought the top five must do's would be for the 990 Adventure.
His response was:

Add-ons? Well.. Paniers and rack for starters... I've got the stock Hepco and Becker plastics... they're actually quite phenomenal in terms of the beating they will take. They may not look as cool as the Aluminum, but they don't shred when you put the bike down and can be fixed with Duct Tape.
HID For sure... I'm super glad I upgraded the headlight on mine... the North American lights are Neutered compared to the European... the HID is a good way to grab some safety.
Crash bars for the front of the bike... I don't ride my bike as aggressively as I'd like to off-road because I worry about putting it down and not being able to afford to fix them.
Depending on how feel about the mapping on the bike, you can buy a Throttle Cam to smooth out the first little bit. Handy for around town.
HEATED VEST AND GRIPS!!! Now that you've got a bike that makes you want to drive nearly year round... get a heated vest and Grips so you can!
Depending on how much you want to push the bike off road, you can buy a kickstand re-locater, it moves the kickstand off of the outside of the engine... some guys who push their bike off road have torn the kickstand out of the Engine Case and well... that's expensive.
Also, there is an aftermarket kit that helps take about an hour of dicking around off of what will soon be the longest Oil Changes of your life. That's a nice to have.....

Wondering what others might have to add to that list.

Since winter will be here relatively soon (in my case anyway) I will have some down time to beef up the bike for next season, which I am planning to be as epic as I can afford to make it
That is unless this winter is unseasonably warm....in which case I won't have any down time
2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote