User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #76
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Huh? Both feet down in OH?

I often come to a complete stop with my feet on the pegs, then take off.

Both feet on the ground in OH would be a new one on me. Hell, I can drag my feet and never stop moving.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #77
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
I almost tried this in my truck one time and chickened out. A TN Trooper got right on my ass, before he threw on the lights.

Lights mean you want me to stop so I might accidentally stand on the brakes. 100% braking force all at once. Be prepared to be hit, but he is supposed to be in control of his vehicle.....right? & his "lights" indicate he wants you to stop. He could mean in a safe and controlled manner, but I do not think it mentions that in drivers education, it just said you stop.

Sorry officer, you wanted me to stop........slowly? Oh, OK, I'll remember that next time.....Those lights seemed rather urgent, I assumed you wanted me to stop as soon as possible.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #78
davidbeinct
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I almost tried this in my truck one time and chickened out. A TN Trooper got right on my ass, before he threw on the lights.

Lights mean you want me to stop so I might accidentally stand on the brakes. 100% braking force all at once. Be prepared to be hit, but he is supposed to be in control of his vehicle.....right? & his "lights" indicate he wants you to stop. He could mean in a safe and controlled manner, but I do not think it mentions that in drivers education, it just said you stop.

Sorry officer, you wanted me to stop........slowly? Oh, OK, I'll remember that next time.....Those lights seemed rather urgent, I assumed you wanted me to stop as soon as possible.
Pretty sure brake checking a cop wouldn't end well, no matter what one had to say in excuse of the action.

David B.
davidbeinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #79
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbeinct View Post
Pretty sure brake checking a cop wouldn't end well, no matter what one had to say in excuse of the action.

David B.

Agree, but those fuckers need to learn not to tailgate the shit out of everyone.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #80
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,010
never ever stop to begin with. next question
Old 08-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #81
sarhog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Agree, but those fuckers need to learn not to tailgate the shit out of everyone.
Then move the fuck over!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #82
davidbeinct
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Agreed that in general cops get away with driving like shit. Unless it's really egregious what are you gonna do? Life's not fair.

David B.
davidbeinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #83
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,102
6'8" Motocop pulled me over. Speeding or something probably.

"Aren't you a little bit short to be a motorcycle cop?"

He just laughed and walked back to his bike and took off.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #84
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhog View Post
Then move the fuck over!!!

On a single lane road? Fuck you, I'm not pulling over to let a cop by just because he's a cop. Anyone else, yeah, I'll pull over

Cops piss me off more and more the older I get. Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #85
orangebear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,210
If the cop is tailgating me and I need to stop because of a red light then I will stop and tuff shit if the cop drive in to the back of my car.
Klr650c the 1 I should not of wasted my money on
Honda xl125rc powered by a cg125 block fun wee bike
orangebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #86
Derbobs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
I take my helmet off, gloves off and put my hands on the saddlebags so he can see them as he walks up. If Tina's with me, I have her put her hands on my shoulders so he can see them. Stay on the bike until instructed to get off, motor off, sidestand down, feet on the ground.

If I have to reach in my pocket for my license, I tell him that I"m going to reach in my pocket for my license and tell him which pocket it's in. If I need to produce my registration, I say "It's in the glove compartment over here (pointing), so I'm going to get it out"

I want him to feel safe, which gets things off to a far better start.

When they ask me how I'm doing, I always reply with a laugh, "I was doing a whole lot better a few minutes ago."
When reading stories like that, where normal people behave like prisoners of war just because they talk to police, i am very happy to live in europe.
Derbobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #87
orangebear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Huh? Both feet down in OH?

I often come to a complete stop with my feet on the pegs, then take off.

Both feet on the ground in OH would be a new one on me. Hell, I can drag my feet and never stop moving.
What happens if the bike is big and you can only get one foot down
Klr650c the 1 I should not of wasted my money on
Honda xl125rc powered by a cg125 block fun wee bike
orangebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #88
justafurnaceman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 754
Headed out on my trip and didn't get 60 miles before I ran up on a State Highway Patrol doing 15 over the speed limit. When our single lane split into 2 lanes he pulled over in the right one and went under the speed limit to let me go by. I knew I was screwed then. He gave me about 30 seconds when I went around him before he lit me up. Pulled over, killed the bike, helmet off, earplugs out, and placed my hands on my handlebars.

"Going a little fast weren't ya?"
"Yeah, a little."

Asked for my license which was in my rucksack strapped to my sissybar. I told him where it was and then got it out. He asked if I was in the military and I replied that I was. (My license has my address as Eglin AFB) He told me that if I promised to slow down that he would let me off with a warning. I told him that I would and then he invited me to come sit in the car while he ran my stuff, and not the back seat either.

We had a nice chat about work and such. He did 3 years as a medic in the Army and then is on his 20th year as HP. He's about ready to retire. After running my stuff he directed me to a nice breakfast place the next town over and we parted ways.

I had really good luck this trip. I don't know if it was all my gear strapped to the bike (my neighbor says I look like a hobo) but I got a thumbs up from Ohio Motorcycle Highway Patrol who was running radar on I-70. Then in Illinois HP lit up the car that was behind me even though we were both going the same speed (I might have slowed down enough). I passed numerous cops who didn't flinch while I passed by. I normally run 10 - 15 over on the highway.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #89
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,423
I've been pulled over plenty of times on the bike, and the only ticket I ever got was in 1987 when I was a kid on my first bike and no license.

The impression I get from the cops when being pulled over is that most riders don't have a m/c license, insurance, or either. When they see that you've got it all, and are wearing a helmet and gear, they're pretty unlikely to give you a ticket unless it was something very reckless. I've been pulled over for triple digits on rural farm roads and just given a warning...more than once. The CHL license also helps, and it's always best to let them know you've got one, and if you're carrying, and if so let them know where it's at.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #90
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,303
The RCMP in BC have gotten a little carried away with the new impound rule. Basically what happens is that speeders who are going more than 40 km/hr over the speed limit get a hefty fine and their vehicle is impounded for 1 week. The driver pays for the towing and impound fees which can work out to thousands of dollars. The driver and passengers are left on the side of the road to fend for themselves. No matter where they are or what the weather is doing. I personally know of an elderly couple who were nabbed doing 120 km/hr in an 80 on their way to the hospital for stitches after grammaw took a fall. They ended up walking and waiting for a ride. if your cellphone is not working or you are in a dead area, you wait for the tow driver cause Dudley Do-right is not making that call for you. And don't try to use your children or pregnancy save you, 'cause it ain't happening. True story, we are well and truly fucked these days.