Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
kdscoates OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
why does mileage scare people from the 950

I have a 06 950 adv with 39,000 miles I have another friend with a 06 950 sm that is showroom clean with 43,000 and another friend that has a 05.5 950 adv
with over 40,000 that is off road 90% of the time and when any us try to sell all we hear is " I am concerned about all the miles"

This confuses me
I bought my 950 in november of 07 so I have had it for 6 years and put 39,000 miles on it , so that is 6500 miles a year, That's nothing!!
I have another bike and wife's bike I ride occasionally. I do not keep up but between them all I ride about 15,000 miles a year. Which is 1250 miles a month which is about 400 miles a week, I ride 300 on my day off Friday and then another 100 miles with my old guy crew on Sunday.

I bought my bikes to RIDE them not to tell the neighbors I have one.I just do not get this the KTM'S are enduro race machines the 950
motor was built for Dakar I just don't see why the rumors of reliability Issue fly around.
I must admit as much as this site helps with the KTM 950 I think it hurts cause most of time people only post when they have some problem so all the people read is problems, problems and more Problems.

Just my thoughts!
Have a great day!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote