ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #61
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Spades View Post
A friend and I were talking about hitting this in the Fall... figured the temps would be unbearable by July. Do you normally camp or detour to a hotel?

Keep us posted if you think you want to run this again between now & Fall. Have prior obligations this weekend but *could* break away the following.
I'll gladly run this in the fall again. You can start/stop from Senoia, GA and you are on dirt roads pretty regularly from there. Both times, I've just stayed in a hotel in FL (I think Monticello) so as to stay very light and not have to carry camping gear for one night. You can hit some nice dirt just right after you leave the hotel. I could easily be talked into camping though as I enjoy that too. A 3 day trip leaving Friday afternoon gives you a bit more time to explore with a slower pace too.

Best time to run it is a couple days after a good rain. That way the sand as some moisture in it, but the roads shouldn't be too muddy. It gets hot & dry in the summer. The weather was perfect when I ran this on my WRR. There was just barely a few places with mud to make it interesting and everything else had enough moisture that there was absolutely no dust. Too bad I was alone as no one got to enjoy being dust free behind me.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #62
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Upload your modifications to the website and embed it into this thread. I've done the west side many times. Here are some tracks from my most recent trip south.
I'll have to find my tracks again and then upload. I know I took some pics too, so I'll see if I can link those in also.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #63
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
I'll gladly run this in the fall again. You can start/stop from Senoia, GA and you are on dirt roads pretty regularly from there. Both times, I've just stayed in a hotel in FL (I think Monticello) so as to stay very light and not have to carry camping gear for one night. You can hit some nice dirt just right after you leave the hotel. I could easily be talked into camping though as I enjoy that too. A 3 day trip leaving Friday afternoon gives you a bit more time to explore with a slower pace too.

Best time to run it is a couple days after a good rain. That way the sand as some moisture in it, but the roads shouldn't be too muddy. It gets hot & dry in the summer. The weather was perfect when I ran this on my WRR. There was just barely a few places with mud to make it interesting and everything else had enough moisture that there was absolutely no dust. Too bad I was alone as no one got to enjoy being dust free behind me.
Excellent. A 3-day weekend sounds perfect. Let's circle back later this summer and see who else might be interested. I am all for staying on as much dirt as possible. fo

In the meanwhile, if you ever need a riding bud closer to town send me a PM and let's exchange contact info.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #64
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 805
I am running this route with a few friends on W/T this week. I will post up a RR when we are done...if we survive . Thanks for posting this, it is much appreciated.

RR

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906828

Bobby Ginger screwed with this post 07-26-2013 at 07:20 PM Reason: Post RR link
Bobby Ginger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #65
Quij95
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I will be doing this route next week 8/26 thru 8/28. My first ADV ride on 990. I am stoked.

Thanks for the tracks Crafty.

Actually my first ADV ride ever.
Quij95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #66
Quij95
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Bridge is out. Photo taken August 27,13 I thought about going for it for about a half a second.
Great route. Sand traps were a bit tricky at 60mph so slow down for them. Next time I will plan 3 days for this ride.
Attached Images

Quij95 screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 07:21 AM
Quij95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #67
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,173
Dang! That was a great little bit of trail. I wonder if we can get a county road crew out there to fix it? Thanks for the update I'll note it on the map.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #68
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oh man, that sucks! :(

I would imagine with all the rain we've had this year, that very rutted road just up from there was going to be soon to be impassable too.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #69
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

I didn't think that bridge crossing and the other one along with the very rutted road were actually part of Atl to FL DS route as published by Crafty?

They were part of another route and I know is listed on the DualSportMaps.com site and I have been over them several times? Those bridges were on the what I called my Cuthbert loop. Maybe I'm mixing routes together in my head?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #70
Farmer829
Green horn

Oddometer: 55
Anyone going this fall??

I'm 15minutes east of Butler, GA and would love to connect with anyone doing this route this fall. PM me if anyone is getting a group together.
Farmer829 is offline   Reply With Quote