ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #7336
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Post your measurements.

1911fan
Get a room you two.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #7337
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Get a room you two.
Ha!! People sometime mistake me for Dirk Diggler....Actually, I only know I'm a large in a jacket
6'0 185 lbs
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #7338
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,395
sold sold sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post

i bought this bike a few years ago with the idea of racing it. It had been sitting in various garages for the past 20 years or so. Still has the original blue oregon vintage plate. Lc garage and twinduro got this thing running again and it is up for sale to fund some new race projects. Luckily no one did any cutting on this thing or attempted a cafe build with it. It really is all there.

it is a great candidate for a full restore or just add some elbow grease, new cables and some love, and it could be a easily be a daily driver in all of its original patina!

It starts right up with the magic button (kick start too) and has a newish battery. It runs and drives and shifts through the gears with ease; could use some clutch adjustment and new cables. The chrome is in great shape with no visible pitting on the fenders and much of the other bits. The side covers are complete in excellent shape with no cracks; emblems intact. The tank would shine up pretty well, has some scuffs and bumps, but the inside is in very good shape and is very functional. The exhaust is in very good shape and the chrome on the heat shield is excellent. The headers look great too. The rims also look great and would clean up very well. The seat foam is comfy, but the cover is hideous; i think it was made by someone who hates old honda's.

The exhaust system, the side covers, and the fenders are nearly worth the price of admission, but it includes a running honda 350 twin motor!

It is not cleaned and polished but comes barn fresh and running.

it is a project, so don't plan on riding it home just yet.

clear title in hand. $1000
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #7339
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,023
Anyone looking for a DR650? I've got a decent 99 that I'm considering parting with after having entirely too much fun on my new WR250R yesterday. It was one of the ones that didn't have the torque limiter, however I remedied that and took care of the neutral screw while I was in there.

A few mods, 520 chain/sprocket setup (15/46 sprockets, EK X-ring chain), IMS tank, Moose chain guide, skid plate, cheap-o frankenstein hand guards, seat concepts seat, Twinair filter, headlight guard, aftermarket breather filter, rear rack, and an OG Giant Loop bag (screw mounted to the plastic instead of attaching to passenger pegs). MT21's front and rear with a decent bit of life left, I've got a set of used Trailwings I'd throw in too.

It's in the factory low position now, I was going to raise it back up but just never got around to it. At 6'2" I can flat foot it with ease, sprung a bit light for my 180 lbs but would do well for a shorter and lighter rider. Low miles (63XX, still being ridden occasionally), fresh Motobatt AGM battery, fresh oil change. I've still got the stock tank and seat cover/foam that I'll throw in, as well as a handful of other parts, filters and the like.

ETA - Carb issues fixed, running like a top. Carb mods are all the basic cheap ones (needle shim, drilled slide, snipped spring).

I don't really have a price in mind as this is just a feeler but I'm happy to look at offers. Might consider trades, I fear that if I sell it I will never convince the wife to let me have 3 bikes again. Located in Meridian, ID and I can deliver within a reasonable radius for gas money.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally

hyperboarder screwed with this post 08-23-2013 at 08:12 PM
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #7340
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,387
BMW GS/GSA Renazco seat

sold pending funds

tvbh40a screwed with this post 08-22-2013 at 01:24 PM
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #7341
macd7919
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
TCX Motard Boots Euro 46 (Size 12)

Up for sale are my Oxtar (TCX) Supermotard model boots. As you can see from the soles these boots are very lightly used and have many, many miles left in them. These also have replaceable soles so they can keep on giving even once you put 100,000 miles on them. Size is a euro 46 which is equivalent to a US 12 (These are however on the smaller side of a US 12). Boots are clean and have no odors, still fresh!

Sold! Thanks guys!

macd7919 screwed with this post 08-27-2013 at 11:58 AM
macd7919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #7342
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer

Oddometer: 426
Price: $1,650

I am considering the purchase of a new bike. With that in mind, the trusty trail and back country explorer is for sale. PM me or email at sean(at)BestScenicRoutes.com if you're interested in this bike.

The bike is a 1991 Suzuki DR350S. It is a trusty old beast of a bike. This has been a great bike to me for the past two years. It has 4.2 gallon Clarke tank, good Dunlop D606 rear and Pirelli MT21 front, recent carb tune up, chain, sprockets, brake fluid flush and fresh oil. Has rear rack, gauge cluster guard and Barkbusters. It is a kickstart only model. Currently licensed and with a clean title.

Only known issue is a minor oil leak in hose from frame reservoir to jug. The air filter is due for a cleaning. Have adjustable air/fuel mixture screw ready to install. I’ll try to get this installed for new owner, but other projects and time may interfere.

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."

WeeMcD screwed with this post 08-30-2013 at 08:26 AM Reason: Added price.
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #7343
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduroguy View Post
Just seeing if anyone here is interested in a exercise bike. I picked this up a few years ago and hardly rode it as planned. 2001 GasGas TXT280. Runs great and I have a box of parts, bars, brake pads, seals, controls, bearins etc that come with it.
$2000.00
hmmmmm
spencergt66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #7344
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMcD View Post
I am considering the purchase of a new bike. With that in mind, the trusty trail and back country explorer is for sale. PM me or email at sean(at)BestScenicRoutes.com if you're interested in this bike.
Free?

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #7345
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Free?
A little more than free, but nearly there. Thanks for pointing out my obvious omission, which wasn't obvious to me.

$1,850

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #7346
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,023
Sold

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally

hyperboarder screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 01:54 PM
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #7347
Sinnergy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
FS: 1999 BMW R1100GS Special Edition - $5500 (Boring, OR)

I have here the trusty steed that took me to Deadhorse and back in twelve days this July. For you bargain hunters, I'm willing to strip her down to the basics and sell her for $5500 or a close offer, but if you really want to adventure tour, you'll have to make me a serious offer.

This is one truly excellent condition R1100GS with 46K on the clock. It is the Special Edition package from BMW which had all of the factory options available at the time (ABS, Heated Grips, upgraded handguards, full tool kit, more), as well as the very rare, and very cool, silver and yellow paint job. If I'm reading the numbers right, only 52 of this model were sold in the US as they were limited to one per state/territory.

Since coming back from Alaska, she has had an oil change, throttle synch, and new fork seals, and is ready to go again.

In addition, and no I won't sell these separately until/unless the bike sells, I have the following:
Russel Day-long saddle
Remus Stainless (lightweight) muffler
BMW System side cases w/ mounts (and really cool matching keys)
Happy Trails (large) touring panniers (as seen in the pictures)
Billet Aluminum lowering foot rests
SW Motec engine guards (which make excellent leg rests on long runs)
Universal GPS mount (will include Garmin Nuvi for the right consideration as well)
New (not yet mounted, but I will do that for the right deal) Shinko 705 tires
Aluminum Tool case cover
Expanding tank bag (I've forgotten the brand, but its a good one)
Cam Tensioner upgrade is on its way (original is fine, I was planning the upgrade at 50K)

And probably more that I've forgotten. She runs and rides great. Current tires have something over 7K miles on them, but are safe and legal.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, or send me a telephone number, and I'll call you.

Thanks for reading

Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #7348
Caddis
Caddis Rider

Oddometer: 6
KLIM Badlands Pro Jacket and Pants

Excellent, hardly used condition. Black. Jacket XL and Pants are 36L. I live near Portland and recently sold my GSA.

Jacket - $700.00
Pants - $500.00
Caddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #7349
leakypetcock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
1997 Triumph Trophy

Great condition, 48,000 miles on this liquid cooled triple. Runs great. New Clearview windshield, corbin and stock seats. Repair manual. Has the Triumph trunk along with both saddlebags. I'll include a tank bag, repair manual, a set of torx sockets and various fluids I have for it.
Asking $3200 but cash talks!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #7350
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakypetcock View Post
Great condition, 48,000 miles on this liquid cooled triple. Runs great. New Clearview windshield, corbin and stock seats. Repair manual. Has the Triumph trunk along with both saddlebags. I'll include a tank bag, repair manual, a set of torx sockets and various fluids I have for it.
Asking $3200 but cash talks!
Hello you tall drink of water........

What year?