ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #61711
Jon
Adventurer
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Akron, OH
Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I've really been wanting an XR100 to beat around on/ convert for street duty. Her getting a grom will give me more reason to get one.

Should be in next week. She doesn't even know what color shes getting. Shes getting it from a dealer in mount vernon. It seems like every dealer she called has already sold the first shipment, and has orders for the second. They're going fast.

Rolling acres would be a fun place to play with a bike like that. I play around there on my supermoto from time to time and haven't been ran out of there yet.
I had a couple of XR 100's and they are big fun but.... My plated CRF150f was even more fun and really easy to get wired since it had decent stator output for the electric start.





Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
Have you been to the trails behind? I haven't been in a few years, and I wonder if they're still there.
The trails are still behind and across the street near Mud Run golf course but are pretty nasty with deep holes and riddled with trash. They have found a body or 10 back there over the years so I just avoid it.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #61712
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover
 
motodirtlover's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Tecumseh land
Oddometer: 980
Good ride this Sunday.
The ERA guys in MacArthur are running the Little Burr on this Sunday. They are putting a dual-sport class at the end of the run for guys that want to trail ride.
This is a lot of the same type of stuff that you'll see on the baby-burr national dual-sport in October....pretty easy trail ride.
Enduro at 10a.m. $50.
Dual Sport at 11a.m. $40.
Sign-up open until 9:30.
Vinton Co. Junior Fairgrounds on SR93 just north of MacArthur.
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #61713
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVeL View Post
Thanks, It was one of those deals that I just couldn't pass up. I'm still breaking it in, but from what I've road so far it seems like it would be fairly capable; given a skidplate and proper tires.... among a few other gratuitous upgrades.

I think Mike5000F might have a gently used S10 skidplate .
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #61714
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
turbo douche...awesome terminology...you should trademark it

Some douchebags are so good you know they are not naturally aspirated- they put forth a big effort to be extra douchey.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #61715
ArmyJoe
Studly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
I definitely support Meef's recommendation for Rocky Mountain.

What I run on the WR:

47 tooth rear- 1022350055
13 tooth front- 1021470103
110 link chain- 1021250015
Spare master link- 1021250021

All that comes in under $100 so you'll "have" to buy something else to get over the free shipping threshold.
I placed the order for this setup last night. I really wanted to go to 14 up front, but the numbers (and Mark's feedback) indicated it really wasn't worth it. I hope to have it installed before Labor Day. I'll be hitting the road then, but haven't decided where yet.
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #61716
LeVeL
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Zanesville OH
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I think Mike5000F might have a gently used S10 skidplate .
Tried to search the user name and came up short..? If it's a decent skidplate and not one of those chinsy factory styled one's I'll pick it up off him right quick. Just point me in the right direction.
LeVeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #61717
buildit
Pumpkin Rider
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Near London, OH "sort of"
Oddometer: 13,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVeL View Post
Tried to search the user name and came up short..? If it's a decent skidplate and not one of those chinsy factory styled one's I'll pick it up off him right quick. Just point me in the right direction.
This link should help. http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=88690
__________________
Don't trust links? Google ADVFilmer for videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #61718
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 4,804
QUOTE=motodirtlover;22159166]Good ride this Sunday.
The ERA guys in MacArthur are running the Little Burr on this Sunday. [/QUOTE]

American or Euro timing? I have the lights and plate for my 350 but probably no time to do the conversion
-




Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVeL View Post
Tried to search the user name and came up short..?
Thought it was MikeF5000

-

Michael
__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #61719
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover
 
motodirtlover's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Tecumseh land
Oddometer: 980
If you are riding the actual enduro, and want to play the game, it is traditional 24mph timekeeper.
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #61720
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Some douchebags are so good you know they are not naturally aspirated- they put forth a big effort to be extra douchey.

I think we had a couple of them at the dinner tuesday night
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #61721
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 4,804
Like to do the enduro, been a few years since I did one. Like to do one of the ISDE style timed enduros some day. I'd need to pickup another horn, mirror and brake switch.

Gonzo, is Makayla's bicycle horn still on my old 250 or did Paul break that too?

-

Michael
__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #61722
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 1,918
CAMPOUT!!!!!


Ok, guys, let's shoot for Sept.13-14 for a campout at 15483 Charleston Pike, Kingston, Ohio. This is two miles north of the north entrance to Tar Hollow State Park.

We got plenty of places to throw a tent, pull in your camper, and park your trucks, trailers, whatever. Prolly got some floor space also.

We got electric, bathrooms, water.
We got two gas grills, refrigerator, ice chests.
Table, chairs, prolly some hay bales for sittin'.

Figuring on hamburgers and hot dogs in the evening, eggs and sausage in the morning.
I'll try to have plenty of tea and water, and milk and orange juice. I'll try to get the wife to make up some pasta salad and ?

Laurelville is five miles away, grocery and gas is open til 8pm. I'll check to see how extensive their beer selection is.

I've got tools, air compressor and garage space for repairs and maintenance.

We've got dirt, gravel, and twisty pavement.
Hopefully, some of you guys with good gps dirt tracks can lead some of the dirt rides. ( Luke? Mike5000? who else? )

Anyway, post up if you're coming so I can figure out supplies.
We'll get a list going.

Looking forward to seeing and riding with you guys!


P.S. In case of extreme weather, we'll shoot for a rain date of Sept.20-21

Mark
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #61723
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer
 
FireDog45's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Centerburg, Ohio
Oddometer: 472
May be in NC that weekend but will keep an eye on the thread. Are you thinking big bikes, little bikes, both...?

It doesn't really matter since all I have right now is the DR350 but I may have bigger traily by then. That is if I can decide what I want to get!
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #61724
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
CAMPOUT!!!!!


Ok, guys, let's shoot for Sept.13-14 for a campout at 15483 Charleston Pike, Kingston, Ohio. This is two miles north of the north entrance to Tar Hollow State Park.

We got plenty of places to throw a tent, pull in your camper, and park your trucks, trailers, whatever. Prolly got some floor space also.

We got electric, bathrooms, water.
We got two gas grills, refrigerator, ice chests.
Table, chairs, prolly some hay bales for sittin'.

Figuring on hamburgers and hot dogs in the evening, eggs and sausage in the morning.
I'll try to have plenty of tea and water, and milk and orange juice. I'll try to get the wife to make up some pasta salad and ?

Laurelville is five miles away, grocery and gas is open til 8pm. I'll check to see how extensive their beer selection is.

I've got tools, air compressor and garage space for repairs and maintenance.

We've got dirt, gravel, and twisty pavement.
Hopefully, some of you guys with good gps dirt tracks can lead some of the dirt rides. ( Luke? Mike5000? who else? )

Anyway, post up if you're coming so I can figure out supplies.
We'll get a list going.

Looking forward to seeing and riding with you guys!


P.S. In case of extreme weather, we'll shoot for a rain date of Sept.20-21

Mark
Sounds like fun. I hope to be back to riding by then....
__________________
If there's no video...it didn't happen
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR250R, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #61725
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider
 
Anonawesome's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Central OH
Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
May be in NC that weekend but will keep an eye on the thread. Are you thinking big bikes, little bikes, both...?

It doesn't really matter since all I have right now is the DR350 but I may have bigger traily by then. That is if I can decide what I want to get!
'Nuther DR.

duh.
__________________
'90 DR350S

-"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life."
Anonawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014