Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
KTMbageera OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Dirty fuel and filter issues.

I really like my 09' 990R, it is perfect for my travels in SE Asia. We have plenty of fuel these days, from gas stations with underground tanks and pumps, or 55 gal. drums with a crank pump, to 2 litre soda bottles filled from big jugs. Fuel here is routinely dirty and sometimes under refined, or cut with kerosene or diesel. We have no ethanol.

Craig at CJ Designs has come up with a great filter solution for our big Katooms. I was on my way back over to Cambodia and he rushed his already busy life to get me a prototype to test drive. Below are pics of the install which took all of about 10 minutes.

cjfc1

cjfc2

CJ Designs fit and finish on their parts is first class, just beautiful. You won't be disappointed. The filters fit perfect, slip fit into the fuel ports, with Acerbis caps and check valves.

Removing the OEM filler caps is easy, you will reuse the OWM rubber gaskets below the new filler ports. Match up the gasket and allen bolt holes.

cjfc4

cjfc6

I sent the OEM allen bolts to a local chrome shop to make them black. I like black. It cost me two hours and $1.50 in Phnom Penh.

cjfc7

cjfc10

cjfc11

cjfc13

Do the pumps at your local ARCO have these warning stickers?

IMG_0809

DSC03044

2 litres at a time, a dirty funnel, and no worries with the new filters on board.

IMG_0806

I have a fresh set of fuel filters in my pump. Next full maintenance I will report with pics what the filters look like "with protection." Thanks again Craig for over the top help.

Dave in Cambodia
KTMbageera is offline   Reply With Quote