Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 946
Here in Italy there are voices about Pharaons cancelled and they will help Transanatolia org instead... but no official confirmation so far
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
ktmmitch OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Torque Racing/Rally-Raid Products changes

Due to the late cancellation of Transanatolia Rally by the organisers, we have no time to reschedule our transport and holiday time for the proposed new dates offered.
However, we will be travelling to Pyrennes with Martin & Donna of Torque Racing so that the 5 riders who were going to Turkey to compete can do a 1000km roadbook trip. This has been hastily organised at the last minute with a lot of effort from Torque Racing, and should be an excellent 5-6 days riding in Spain as a substitute for Turkey.
Good luck to all those other competitors.It is a shame after all the build-up to have to re-arrange on the eve of an event, which happened to several of us in 2007 after the cancellation of Libya Rally.
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
Donna Gray
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Good luck to all those other competitors.It is a shame after all the build-up to have to re-arrange on the eve of an event, which happened to several of us in 2007 after the cancellation of Libya Rally.[/QUOTE]

Yes I second that.. thank you John.

It is indeed a really shame the sponsors dropped out of the event last minute. I hope they realize the loss of money and disappointment they have left people with. Some people saved and trained for 12 months or more for this event. And For many people an event like this are a 'once in a life' time gig.. It's a real shame for them.

Not forgetting the work the organisation have put in. They are all lovely lovely people and i feel very disappointing and sorry for them.

Lesson learnt that if you are offered sponsorship get the monies first. Maybe the event should be less of the nice 5 star hotels and more of a typical Rally bivouac style, Making it cheaper too? Any thoughts people??

http://www.torqueracing.net/
Donna Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #19
Leeexc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gray View Post
Good luck to all those other competitors.It is a shame after all the build-up to have to re-arrange on the eve of an event, which happened to several of us in 2007 after the cancellation of Libya Rally.

It is indeed a really shame the sponsors dropped out of the event last minute. I hope they realize the loss of money and disappointment they have left people with. Some people saved and trained for 12 months or more for this event. And For many people an event like this are a 'once in a life' time gig.. It's a real shame for them.

Not forgetting the work the organisation have put in. They are all lovely lovely people and i feel very disappointing and sorry for them.

Lesson learnt that if you are offered sponsorship get the monies first. Maybe the event should be less of the nice 5 star hotels and more of a typical Rally bivouac style, Making it cheaper too? Any thoughts people??[/QUOTE]

If I had signed up to do this event with torque racing how would that leave me, ie, still have to pay the deposit? still have to pay the full amount?
Leeexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #20
ktmmitch OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeexc View Post

Lesson learnt that if you are offered sponsorship get the monies first. Maybe the event should be less of the nice 5 star hotels and more of a typical Rally bivouac style, Making it cheaper too? Any thoughts people??

If I had signed up to do this event with torque racing how would that leave me, ie, still have to pay the deposit? still have to pay the full amount?[/QUOTE]

All rallies offer full refunds in event of cancellation,as do Assistance teams, less admin costs.You should also have Travel Insurance in event of non-payment of refund.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #21
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gray View Post
What about a tent next to the bivouac while locals are racing their mopeds in the middle of the night
Old 08-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
Leeexc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
If I had signed up to do this event with torque racing how would that leave me, ie, still have to pay the deposit? still have to pay the full amount?

All rallies offer full refunds in event of cancellation,as do Assistance teams, less admin costs.You should also have Travel Insurance in event of non-payment of refund.[/QUOTE]

What is "admin costs" likely to add up to? can not see travel insurance paying anything out for a rally or assistance, don't they need to be a member of ABTA for that.
Leeexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #23
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Here in Italy there are voices about Pharaons cancelled and they will help Transanatolia org instead... but no official confirmation so far
Just got the Pharaons newsletter: moved to May 2014, so maybe some new entries for Transanatolia?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #24
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post

All rallies offer full refunds in event of cancellation,as do Assistance teams, less admin costs.You should also have Travel Insurance in event of non-payment of refund.[/QUOTE]

Be very careful now!! The above statement is incorrect about the Libya Rallye organised by Gert Duson. He owes multiple people money for the cancelled Libya Rallye of 2011
Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #25
HellasRally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Botturi and Juan Pedrero confirmed Transanatolia participation.
It looks that the Pharaons cancellation will get some people to Turkey.
We will be there too.
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
ktmmitch OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
All rallies offer full refunds in event of cancellation,as do Assistance teams, less admin costs.You should also have Travel Insurance in event of non-payment of refund.

Be very careful now!! The above statement is incorrect about the Libya Rallye organised by Gert Duson. He owes multiple people money for the cancelled Libya Rallye of 2011 [/QUOTE]

You are correct, me and several other UK riders are still owed quite a few thousand euro from cancelled Libya Rallye 2007 from Thomas Holzknecht. Were promised refunds over & over, but nothing materialised.
It is very difficult to have confidence(trust) in future dealings, but in order for us to do rallies, then we have to give trust to organisers.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #27
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Just got the Pharaons newsletter: moved to May 2014, so maybe some new entries for Transanatolia?
Just read on Italian Soloenduro forum that, confirmed Botturi and Pedrero, also Goncalves and Ceci should join
Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #28
Gian
dreamer

It looks there very few bikes left after all that mess about cancelling the event,
http://www.transanatolia.com/startlist/en-US

anyway with Pedrero, Botturi and Ceci, the fight should be interesting

I see the PKL on the Transanatolia official fb page

... and the Vespas too

Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #29
Donna Gray
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Trans Pyrennes Spain Tour 2013, Torque Racing Services

Due to the late cancellation and everyone's work commitments, we hastily drew up a plan to ride across the Pyrennes from the French/ Spanish border on the Mediterranean coast to Zaragoza, next to the only inland desert in Europe.

The whole trip was 1250Km in total and approximately 60% off road over 6 days.

We hope to make this Tour an annual feature in the Torque Racing Calender. This Tour would be fully supported by a back up vehicle and will be suitable for Enduro, Trail and mid-range Adventure bikes.

This can be ridden with either Road book and GPS or just GPS.

Have a peep at our photo's here:

Photobucket link

http://www.torqueracing.net/
Donna Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
Gian
dreamer

No idea if going on with this thread or open a new one for the live event ... please let me know