Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #796
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
No one could even keep RV in site ( when he didn't take himself out),head to head nobody was even close.
Not true. Dungey was. He won moto's and a won overall's. Dungey isn't the kind of guy who is going to risk a 2nd place and he had a lot of them. When Dungey was wining moto's RV didn't distinguish himself by running him down for the win. I think RV is the better rider but Dungey is right there with one of the best ever.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #797
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,280
Every Moto Dungey won RV crashed,correct?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #798
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
Did anyone go to the race? I would like to hear what it was like being there. Because from what I saw on TV that track made Utah look Awesome. It didn't look like any viewing form track side, unless you have VIP passes. Is this the future on MX tracks? I hope not, I would rather see less races at quality real tracks that let the fans get up close to the track.

250's was where the action was even though Tomac walked away with it. 450's was boring. Now everyone is going to be saying "Wait till the SX season, it is going to be the best ever", "...deep field of riders", "...If everyone stays healthy". We heard it all before. It will probably be the two Ryans 1 and 2 and everyone else racing for 3rd. The big question every week will be which James Stewart shows up, the fast smooth one,that can win races. We don't see him much anymore. Or the one that crashes. I hope Tomac has something for the Ryans. Until there are three or more people that can win week in and week out, it will be the same old, same old.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #799
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Now everyone is going to be saying "Wait till the SX season, it is going to be the best ever", "...deep field of riders", "...If everyone stays healthy". We heard it all before. ............. Until there are three or more people that can win week in and week out, it will be the same old, same old.
Let's see, Milsaps on a KTM, Tomac and Roczen moving up, Barcia is improving, Anderson on a KTM and is improving. Yeah, I can't wait!!

You might see your first KTM sweep of the 450 podium.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #800
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Let's see, Milsaps on a KTM, Tomac and Roczen moving up, Barcia is improving, Anderson on a KTM and is improving. Yeah, I can't wait!!

You might see your first KTM sweep of the 450 podium.
Last I heard was Roczen and MM signed a two year contract with KTM for 250's. That was last August. You know he is moving up?

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #801
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Every Moto Dungey won RV crashed,correct?
No. And he usually crashed riding over his head trying to catch up when he didn't get a good start. Thing is, he almost always gets a great start.

The last couple of weeks he has streched a big lead but many races Dungey was not very far back, and that after coming through the pack.

No question he is the best at the moment but so far he hasn't shown anything like RC or even Stewart when he could still ride.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #802
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Last I heard was Roczen and MM signed a two year contract with KTM for 250's. That was last August. You know he is moving up?
I think that they said that on the broadcast yesterday, but if course that is the lowest form of information so I am probably wrong.
With the Rockstar team going orange, it seems like they would have have enough guys in the 450 class (and with Tomac moving up) they should keep Roczen in the 250s to get that title.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #803
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
With the Rockstar team going orange,
the energy drinks continue to amaze me. a friend was in europe and said every 7-11 or whatever they have was jammed packed with energy drinks. the amount of cash they generate must be staggering. christ I've got close to $100 in my collection and they're all unopened! I did drink a few Red Bulls at the nationals they had them in the press tents all iced down and it was awful hot. I like the Red Bulls, I hear the Monster shakes are pretty decent. so the series is over...I thought it played out pretty well. Still hearing mixed information about Southwick, someone is taking over the track. My god to think I have as many nationals as I do as close as they are, the east gets more than their share. it was a great series. I hope Reed comes back strong I knew he couldn't have gotten that off pace that fast he was RIGHT THERE in 2012.

so Gordy, what SX do you want to hit in 2014? I think going back to Dallas would be never as good as the first time. too many other places to see. St. Louis still seems to be coming to mind. Isn't there one in MN? I need to get a ticket now for the one at Giants stadium before they're all gone..forgot about that.. Toronto isn't that far..did I ever tell you about the time in 1977 I was Pat Moroneys mechanic for the Montreal SX which amounted to getting drunk on the sponsor Molsons free beer? He got third behind...who gives a shit..

great outdoor series. I can't find it in the stores yet but they told me they used one of my pictures in the Oct. issue of RacerX with Tomac on the cover, a little one of Nicoletti cooling down at Buds Creek. page 132.

It's a start...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #804
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Did anyone go to the race? I would like to hear what it was like being there. Because from what I saw on TV that track made Utah look Awesome. It didn't look like any viewing form track side, unless you have VIP passes. Is this the future on MX tracks? I hope not, I would rather see less races at quality real tracks that let the fans get up close to the track.

250's was where the action was even though Tomac walked away with it. 450's was boring. Now everyone is going to be saying "Wait till the SX season, it is going to be the best ever", "...deep field of riders", "...If everyone stays healthy". We heard it all before. It will probably be the two Ryans 1 and 2 and everyone else racing for 3rd. The big question every week will be which James Stewart shows up, the fast smooth one,that can win races. We don't see him much anymore. Or the one that crashes. I hope Tomac has something for the Ryans. Until there are three or more people that can win week in and week out, it will be the same old, same old.
Yeah, the 450 field will be deeper next year, but I don't see anyone mounting a serious challenge to Villopoto, the guy is a step ahead of everyone. If anything, you might see Dungy being challenged for the number two spot.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #805
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
Yeah, the 450 field will be deeper next year, but I don't see anyone mounting a serious challenge to Villopoto, the guy is a step ahead of everyone.
Tomac has turned faster lap times on a 250.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #806
Gordy
Team Listo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post

so Gordy, what SX do you want to hit in 2014? I think going back to Dallas would be never as good as the first time. too many other places to see. St. Louis still seems to be coming to mind. Isn't there one in MN? I need to get a ticket now for the one at Giants stadium before they're all gone..forgot about that.. Toronto isn't that far.

It's a start...

I somewhat want to go back to Dallas again. I like how it is early in the season and the venue is unbeatable. Too bad it's in Dallas. . ...or Arlington.

We kind of kicked around going to Anaheim and hitting Disneyland or something.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #807
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
I think RV is the better rider but Dungey is right there with one of the best ever.
Not to take anything away from RV but it's been annoying to hear Dungey or reports after each race that "they went back to the drawing boards" or they "had to make a bunch of changes" to the suspension, heck, even in Utah they were saying that. So hand it to Dungey for keeping up really with a bike that seems to always be in test mode.

Would be interesting to see what could happen if things were sorted out.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #808
nachtflug OP
infidel

final standings for 2013 450's.

John Dowd's 2 points at Southwick gets him 46th.

Chad Reed. 15th
Nicoletti 14th
James Stewart 5th
Clement Desalle rides 2 races in the US and gets 20th. Saw him at Unadilla in 2010 that guy hauls ass.
Dean Wilson out since after round 2 gets 26th
JGR nails down 10th and 11th with Brayton and Grant.
Mike Brown 36th
Old 08-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #809
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Erin Bates replacement for SX? Kelli Stavast?

GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #810
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,837
NOOO!!!!

I still love EB...

Who did the MX coverage this season?
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote