ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #91
DC2wheels OP
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
VR pulling himself off the seat- trying to get to the line faster.

Unfortunately some 20 y.o. kid is spoiling the party.

Holee crap- MM is FAST and smart. And getting smarter on every race weekend. How fast is he going to be once he gets his Honda really dialed in?
__________________
a few bikes in the barn

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #92
kawi_girl
Adventurer
 
kawi_girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 37
Holee crap- MM is FAST and smart. And getting smarter on every race weekend. How fast is he going to be once he gets his Honda really dialed in?[/QUOTE]

Umm...this far into the season I would have to say that I think he's got that Honda dialed in.....to win.
__________________
Current Ride: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650r

Previous Ride: 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500ex
kawi_girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #93
DC2wheels OP
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi_girl View Post
Holee crap- MM is FAST and smart. And getting smarter on every race weekend. How fast is he going to be once he gets his Honda really dialed in?
Umm...this far into the season I would have to say that I think he's got that Honda dialed in.....to win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....

Wait until he REALLY, REALLY get comfortable on that HRC.
__________________
a few bikes in the barn

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #94
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,142
from twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by @matt77roberts
my pal & colleague @iPodwiper made a good point on way home. Marc has finished 10/11 races so far & won 5 of them: 50% strike rate. Obscene.
Regarding Yamaha:

They only have one new engine left with 7 races to go. A single engine with the seamless gear box won't finish the season.

They need to fix the thing on the brakes for Vale, too. Ironically, that is what Spies complained about, too. And also what Vale complained about on the Ducati. Maybe that was a different kind of 'on the brakes problem?

********

On another note: I like all of the British riders. But the Moto Gp announcers spend so much time talking about them in such a very biased way, it makes me want to root against them.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #95
psychohawk
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Downey, CA 90242
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
On another note: I like all of the British riders. But the Moto Gp announcers spend so much time talking about them in such a very biased way, it makes me want to root against them.
I watched the race on Fox ... the American announcers always talk about CE and NH before turning commentary over to the Brits ... just sayin'.
__________________
2005 R1200GS
psychohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #96
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago
 
SGrider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: MN
Oddometer: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
VR pulling himself off the seat- trying to get to the line faster.

Unfortunately some 20 y.o. kid is spoiling the party.

Holee crap- MM is FAST and smart. And getting smarter on every race weekend. How fast is he going to be once he gets his Honda really dialed in?
He already got Stoner's championship crew and settings, what more does he need?
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #97
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohawk View Post
I watched the race on Fox ... the American announcers always talk about CE and NH before turning commentary over to the Brits ... just sayin'.
I get that. But the Moto GP guys almost seem to make excuses for the Brits and minimize the importance of some of the others. I am mostly referring to Scott Redding vs Pol Espargaro, but they do it with Cal, too.

I like to hear about CE and NH, but I am not going to will them up the grid through excuses or minimize the results of others.

Matter p' fact, I say NH would have been 10th and CE would have been 13th if Smith and Crutchlow hadn't removed themselves from the race.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #98
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer
 
DogBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

On another note: I like all of the British riders. But the Moto Gp announcers spend so much time talking about them in such a very biased way, it makes me want to root against them.
I'm sure the Italian and Spanish commentators are even handed and robot-like.
__________________
"I were riding so fast, I were sucking rabbits out of the hedges" IOM TT racer Guy Martin - Thanks to rallybug
DogBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #99
Skowinski
Chordate
 
Skowinski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Mojave Desert
Oddometer: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
He already got Stoner's championship crew and settings, what more does he need?
Does he? I don't know. Anyway, could that be the reason he is kicking ass? I don't think so.....
__________________
"Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished."
- Lao Tsu
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #100
craigincali
Just hanging around
 
craigincali's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: A town called Hell
Oddometer: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
He already got Stoner's championship crew and settings, what more does he need?
That's some funny %^$& right there
__________________
Me
I am usually drunk when I post so dont take it personally !
2010 KTM 990
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #101
farrington300
No wait....What?
 
farrington300's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: vista CA
Oddometer: 495
Would mm be winning as much if he were on the yamaha? The honda looks like it breaks better and has much more punch out of the corners. The only saving grace for the yamaha is JLo's ability to carry huge corner speed.

Is it possible yamaha has tuned down their motors to help them last the season?
__________________
KLR685
TE610
TLR200
farrington300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #102
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
I'm sure the Italian and Spanish commentators are even handed and robot-like.
The Italians and Spanish don't need to make excuses for their guys.
__________________
+0

2002 KTM 520 EXC for sale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926379
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #103
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Kropotkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Dieren, The Low Low Lands of Holland
Oddometer: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I get that. But the Moto GP guys almost seem to make excuses for the Brits and minimize the importance of some of the others. I am mostly referring to Scott Redding vs Pol Espargaro, but they do it with Cal, too.

I like to hear about CE and NH, but I am not going to will them up the grid through excuses or minimize the results of others.

Matter p' fact, I say NH would have been 10th and CE would have been 13th if Smith and Crutchlow hadn't removed themselves from the race.

Redding is currently leading the Moto2 championship, Crutchlow has had two poles and four podiums. So it is not surprising they get the occasional mention.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 AM   #104
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer
 
advNZer?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,677
realisation?

is it me or did Dani and JLo look a little shell shocked last night.I think they now realise what this fella has got.
__________________
aka BMWST?
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #105
DC2wheels OP
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
is it me or did Dani and JLo look a little shell shocked last night.I think they now realise what this fella has got.
They did look a bit like "what are we going to do NOW"??
__________________
a few bikes in the barn

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014