GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
NOOO!!!!

I still love EB...

Who did the MX coverage this season?
Kelli did. Equally as cute, but better to listen to IMHO. Erin seems to make very little sense at times... Kelli is a much better "sideline reporter" if you ask me.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #812
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Last two tracks were UGLY ass tracks!Dungey still my fav,needs to get the bit between his teeth ALOT earlier than he doesFuckin season went by fast,or I'm gettin OLDER!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #813
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Not to take anything away from RV but it's been annoying to hear Dungey or reports after each race that "they went back to the drawing boards" or they "had to make a bunch of changes" to the suspension, heck, even in Utah they were saying that. So hand it to Dungey for keeping up really with a bike that seems to always be in test mode.
he must be making it up I'm sure they were running the same bike all season long they just change the oil and put new tires on it each week.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #814
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Tomac has turned faster lap times on a 250.
True, but I don't think those times will translate over to the big 450. I don't think he'll be throwing that 450 around like he did the 250. There's no question he'll be a factor, but a serious challenge to RV? Possible, But not probable. I can't wait to see.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #815
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,140
Wicked Dungie - the best of the rest

Quote:
he must be making it up I'm sure they were running the same bike all season long they just change the oil and put new tires on it each week.
Ok, maybe I'm confusing this season with last but didn't Dungie have to pull out in the middle of the first moto of a race early this season because the new air spring shock lost all it's air. In the second moto he came out in the second moto with a standard shock and spanked everyone, of course all the Aliens had their own problems so Dungie was once again the best of the rest.

Personally my view is that Dungie and Windam have a lot in common - smooth & consistent - rarely takes chances - basically the best of the rest. As long as the Aliens are having problems he's the first contender but if he's having problems then all bets are off.
12 Christini 450 Rally Lite
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #816
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFastMoto View Post
Ok, maybe I'm confusing this season with last but didn't Dungie have to pull out in the middle of the first moto of a race early this season because the new air spring shock lost all it's air. In the second moto he came out in the second moto with a standard shock and spanked everyone, of course all the Aliens had their own problems so Dungie was once again the best of the rest.

Personally my view is that Dungie and Windam have a lot in common - smooth & consistent - rarely takes chances - basically the best of the rest. As long as the Aliens are having problems he's the first contender but if he's having problems then all bets are off.
Aliens?

There's only one rider right now that maybe has alien status. And when Dungey is on he WAS matching lap times to the end. Thing is Dungey seems to have eased off the last few races.
It has to be discouraging being able to walk away from the pack but then have someone walk away from you. A lot like the Carmichael/Reed years. Except Dungey is usually closer than Reed was.

You're right, the KTM has had a few mechanicals this season.

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #817
triumph406
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
Did anyone go to the race? I would like to hear what it was like being there. Because from what I saw on TV that track made Utah look Awesome. It didn't look like any viewing form track side, unless you have VIP passes. Is this the future on MX tracks? I hope not, I would rather see less races at quality real tracks that let the fans get up close to the track.

That was the biggest reason we didn't go this year. We went last year, there were huge sections of the track you couldn't get close too as a spectator. I couldn't see a reason why that would be, paying money and then only getting to close to the action at a few spots is pathetic. I didn't expect it to be any better this year.

I wonder who makes the decision on fan access, the promoter, or MX sports?

Contrast that with Glen Helen or Washougal, where you can spectate at any point along the track.
triumph406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #818
BadDogMax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Maybe Mammoth Lakes?

Mammoth Lakes is an awesome track... and the weather is cool this time of year. It could be a traffic nightmare with the lone forest road access, maybe something could be worked out.

I live near the Lake Elsinore track but I couldn't see myself sitting in bleachers baking in the sun. There is no natural shade, just tents and EZ-Ups.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #819
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDogMax View Post
Mammoth Lakes is an awesome track... and the weather is cool this time of year. It could be a traffic nightmare with the lone forest road access, maybe something could be worked out.

I live near the Lake Elsinore track but I couldn't see myself sitting in bleachers baking in the sun. There is no natural shade, just tents and EZ-Ups.

Washougal has the same single road access. They manage. Barely.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #820
triumph406
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Washougal has the same single road access. They manage. Barely.
If your leaving the parking at Washougal, they will direct you off to the left, down the road you came in on. Instead go to the right, that takes you down the access road that is closed in the morning to everybody without passes. That gets you out much more quickly.
triumph406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #821
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
the first turn is accessible to anyone. there is only so much fence footage though so getting a good spot will require getting to one of the moto's early enough to beat the mob. once the start is over it's really not much of a spot to be at so it will thin out. keep in mind you are on the outside of the turn and without sounding like a wus it could be a dangerous spot though the chances of a bike getting through/over the femce are slim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKsfTAls8dM
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #822
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
This has to be the most boring season ever.
a few things to keep in mind. assuming RC's claim to GOAT is legit (itidn't)(he was juiced) RV is making a very serious run at unseating him. as these bikes get more refined each year there will always be a gifted few who can ride them to some significant degree of their potential. him and a handful of others are on another planet. when RV went down in turn one at SW and proceeded to pass half the field or more in 2 laps he wasn't doing it by virtue of his superior conditioning program. we are seeing possibly the fastest rider ever the guy is greased freaking lightning. yes his condition gives him an edge. so does fuel injection and so do fresh tires but when the gate drops he's the one signing the check. it's like getting to watch Rembrandt or Michelangleo but they took months and years to ply their trade RV lays it all down in 30 minutes plus two laps. and if you get bored watching him the supporting cast aren't exactly slouches either. these guys are collectively the best there ever was if by nothing else based on the bikes they are blessed to have available to them. some of the past greats might still bust it big on skyshot but they won't do it sideways and upside down like Barcia does and he's just a damn kid.

if this season was boring you need to get out more or get a bigger TV..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjxe0fTIwzc
Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #823
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,052
RV had hinted more than once that he's done after 2015.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #824
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
as they say. sick!!! it's so subtle these guys are so freaking good. watch Canard @ 1:15. that's a freaking surgeon with a scalpel.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #825
nachtflug OP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
RV had hinted more than once that he's done after 2015.
if he's still dominant the economy (if improved) in 2015 might support stupid money being thrown at him. these guys are doing well but they aren't doing NBA your grand kids will never have to work well. time will tell.