Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #106
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
from twitter

On another note: I like all of the British riders. But the Moto Gp announcers spend so much time talking about them in such a very biased way, it makes me want to root against them.
Ain't that the truth. Very annoying yesterday. The worst was Moto2. They spent the whole race talking about their guy languishing in 8th place, while the the epic battle up front was unfolding.

I was surprised it was Mika's first win. in Moto2. The Japanese kid is going to make his mark I think. He can back it in with anybody.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #107
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 368
This just in ---- Moto GP has just announced they will be using a crew of Norwegian announcers for their english feed who are less likely to promote their nations riders on air as much.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #108
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
This just in ---- Moto GP has just announced they will be using a crew of Norwegian announcers for their english feed who are less likely to promote their nations riders on air as much.
I don't know - I would be more comfortable with the Swiss. You know, neutrality and all that.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #109
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
from twitter

Regarding Yamaha:

They only have one new engine left with 7 races to go. A single engine with the seamless gear box won't finish the season.

They need to fix the thing on the brakes for Vale, too. Ironically, that is what Spies complained about, too. And also what Vale complained about on the Ducati. Maybe that was a different kind of 'on the brakes problem?

On another note: I like all of the British riders. But the Moto Gp announcers spend so much time talking about them in such a very biased way, it makes me want to root against them.
So what is the plan regarding the engines? Yamaha seem pretty screwed then if I'm not mistaken.....
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #110
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Kallio takes Moto2 victory! That was a long time coming, he´s definitely had the speed, but just too up and down to really challenge. Glad he now finally got it all together.

As I was watching the race I was thinking of you and Kyns. Specifically I was thinking that Kyns has been raving about Kallio since about 2005 and he finally got a win! Congrats to you guys. If Hayden ever wins again, at this level, WSBK or wherever, I won't shut-up about it!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #111
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,094
I haven´t checked, but the announcers said Kallio´s last victory before this was Donington in 2008. So half a decade ago...

But now he was fast all weekend, and also the victory was hard fought and very well deserved.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #112
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Canadians maybe?
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #113
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
is it me or did Dani and JLo look a little shell shocked last night.I think they now realise what this fella has got.
Pedrosa looked like that but Lorenzo was pointing at the Yamaha.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #114
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Close. They picked Swedes. This guy in particular.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #115
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
As I was watching the race I was thinking of you and Kyns. Specifically I was thinking that Kyns has been raving about Kallio since about 2005 and he finally got a win! Congrats to you guys. If Hayden ever wins again, at this level, WSBK or wherever, I won't shut-up about it!
Yeah Kallios first win in Moto2.

He used to win a LOT in 125/250. It was awesome watching him battle with JLO, Simo, Aoyama, Dovi... in 250, fighting for wins every weekend.

Would have been nice to see what he could have done in Moto GP on Honda or Yamaha. I think he was the best rider Pramac has ever had.

Hayden is one of my favorites, i hope he stays in Moto GP. Would like to see him on a Yamaha.

kyns screwed with this post 08-26-2013 at 05:20 PM
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #116
sportbiker2000
sportbiker2000

Oddometer: 34
Cry Brno 2013 race

Does anyone know where I can download or watch the 8/25/2013 Brno race without paying the ridiculously high 25 euro price that Moto GP.com wants to view the race that already happened?

Fox sports one does not show repeats of the race like Speed did and I missed the 7am viewing on Sunday.

Thanks

Joe from NJ
sportbiker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #117
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbiker2000 View Post
Does anyone know where I can download or watch the 8/25/2013 Brno race without paying the ridiculously high 25 euro price that Moto GP.com wants to view the race that already happened?

Fox sports one does not show repeats of the race like Speed did and I missed the 7am viewing on Sunday.

Thanks

Joe from NJ
Check your PM inbox.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #118
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbiker2000 View Post

Thanks

Joe from NJ
For 25 euro you get months viewing included all recent seasons and lots of older stuff too

sent from the tag