ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #5581
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrailie View Post
X-Army, Thanks for your service!

Vent away. Guys (and gals) who have volunteered to potentially make the ultimate sacrifice - so that bums like me don't have to - have earned a wide berth in my eyes.

...now, back to "lurk" mode.
Agree. Although I was in, it was the Air Force. We did things different. Fix the planes and send the officers into combat :)

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #5582
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog* View Post
Don' t worry chuckles it is what I have come to expect from you.

All typing and stalking.

Oh maybe you should start a thread in vendors for the wonderful CP past spam you spew also.
Sorry goat, but I don't take crap form someone who acts like an immature testosterone laden pre-pubescent adolescent.

Cudo's on the name calling, there, Reddog. Haven't heard people call each other names like that since, what, the 5th grade?? But at least I post under my real name and don't hide behind some internet handle.

And care to point out this here stalking claim and explain that. I sure ain't stalking you.

ANd what CP spam? I have never tried to sell or offer services to anyone on this thread. The only thing I have done is post pictures of interesting bikes we have had in, like that Bultaco. I figured a number of folks on here would seem to enjoy them.

So is there someone on here who feels I have been stalking them????

ANy body on here feel I have been spamming and promoting the shop and services and have tried to sell them any goods or services??

If the consensus is that as Reddog contests, speak up and I'll be out of here.

BTW, reddog, perhaps you should take your own advice about headin to jo momma or whatever its called before you start fliipping folks off and calling names. Apparently you are very familiar with that section of these forums based on your recent behaviors.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #5583
Reddog*
^ "Look up"

Oddometer: 2,655

Reddog* screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 02:49 PM Reason: Sad day when elders start to lose their memory
Reddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #5584
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Well shit.

OK, everybody chill the fuck out for a bit.

Both Reddog and CharlieT have contributed quite a bit to this thread so instead of letting this internet squabble just destroy both this thread and their participation in it, I feel someone needs to intervene.

That's gonna be me, like it or not. I'm not a moderator, just a semi-reasonable person with a third party perspective that has a stake in this community.

Reddog, I see that what you tried to do initially was a good thing. I probably hate CSM shit in random threads even more than you.

However, the thread AT THAT TIME had turned kind of a "venting about my job" corner and Army was just adding his job woes to the heap. Sadly, his job woes are inherently tied to CSM. I think 99% of us, regardless of political view point, were of the mind to just let that go since the guy has served two tours in the sandbox. A little venting on the internet is probably earned after spending a few years in combat with a foreign enemy.

Hell, I disagree with him and may even be one of the people he was venting about, but WTF? The guys earned a right to say his piece and call me out.

I'll agree that if CSM controversy was allowed to flourish because of this comment then this thread would risk ending up in the basement. I appreciate you looking out for this great thread, but you've been around enough to know basement banishment only happens when threads break out into wild controversy, not one random comment. Even then, its usually only after multiple warnings from moderators. So in the end the warning was good, just a tad premature.

CharlieT, based on your experience I can see how you would quickly defend a combat vet. However, give Army a chance to defend himself. I'm sure he's man enough to do it.

As far as the vendor stuff goes, I think you're way off base Reddog. CharlieT has never hocked his wares or services here and I would know since I follow this thread religiously.

As far as the stalking goes, I have no idea WTF that was about. CharlieT are you working for the NSA?

Anyway, can we please get back to how awesome it is to ride in West Michigan?

Hell, if this keeps up people will start to think we're not all 6 foot 4 inch Dutch people with blonde hair, blues eyes and an assigned seat in a CRC pew every Sunday :)

2013 V-Strom
Old 08-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #5585
CharlieT
old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post

CharlieT, based on your experience I can see how you would quickly defend a combat vet.

As far as the stalking goes, I have no idea WTF that was about. CharlieT are you working for the NSA?

Well, you are right, THan, that I would defend a vet expressing such opinions/feelings. I've had WWII vets who 60 years later despised and hated any thing japanese because of what they saw and lived thru. I've had VN vets who refused to see any oriental doctors. I had one patient that was a crewman on the USS Liberty (http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHART...ssliberty.html) that hated the Israeli's and despised his own gov't. for sacrificing and selling them out for political reasons.

While I may not agree with all of them, I'm not going to judge them or deny them the right to their opinions or tell them to shut up or take it elsewhere. That's not how you approach them. RIght or wrong, politically correct or not, they, more than anyone else have most certainly earned their right to express their opnions. Try a little compassion and empathy and good old fashioned talking.

As for the NSA.....sorry THan, but if I were to tell you, I'd have to kill you.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #5586
CharlieT
old school

BTW, THan......you going to be dual-sporting a Nighthawk??

Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #5587
Reddog*
^ "Look up"

Oddometer: 2,655
Thinking about hitting Fennville for lunch at the Su Casa around 1pm.

Any one else out and about today that wants to join me.
Reddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #5588
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Sadly, no. Someone else grabbed it before I could.

2013 V-Strom
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #5589
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post

I liked my Nighthawk but no way i would want to dualsport it.
It was good on dirt roads though.
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #5590
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,761
Just passin through.

Wow, I need a shot/beer and a smoke after reading all that^^^. I think I caught Charlie stalking my cooler at the rally one time....
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #5591
CharlieT
old school

Too bad about that nighthawk, looked like a good deal

I wasn't stalking your cooler.....that was a short range recon patrol mission. THat's my story.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #5592
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,161
Quote:

Not this time. Been by there a number of times but need to stop and eat. Me likey Mexican.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #5593
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:

Almost went. Somebody had to stay home with the neighborhood kids though and the neighbor had something important to do. I'm the community babysitter today.

Next time.

2013 V-Strom
Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #5594
CharlieT
old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
I'm the community babysitter today.